Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Team LateComers
As the other thread has been locked, this thread is open to put all posts together, regarding to the registration of the team LastComers.

djcosta @2012-01-28 14:10:05 Wrote:team or what?

lets do it.

olivercamel @2012-01-31 18:07:06 Wrote:Please try to get the team ready before February 2nd 0:00 (EU time). Thanks.

LIoOoOoIL @2012-02-01 11:48:38 Wrote:so, arent u guys 4 palyers? what would already be enough to register a team. Or is of this nicks a account of u Kovalsky?

here some guys still without a team... :

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...3#pid31583 - jack_ice

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...7#pid31717 - seruv-lese12let

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...4#pid31794 - Grand_Strateger

and even more. (!) just take a look in the thread

btnooob2 @2012-02-01 13:39:31 Wrote:hey im btnooob 2. if you need me in your team call me on 0190/ 123456

djcosta @2012-02-01 21:54:26 Wrote:we have curryking1 and djcosta!

if anyone want to join be quickly!

pm me or costa.cordales@web.de!

WannaMakeUSweat @2012-02-01 22:30:51 Wrote:isnt kovalsky missing in your team -.- ?

djcosta @2012-02-01 22:30:51 Wrote:kovalsky, ba-lu, djcosta we need 1 more for team!

olivercamel @2012-02-02 05:22:04 Wrote:Hi djcosta,

Did you find enough members for your team or not? If you want to join the tournament, you still need to register your team under this post:
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2974

Offically, the deadline of the BTT2012 team registration has passed, and your registration is still missing. But as everyone can see you are very actively making a team, so I guess we could wait you and your team for another several hours. If by the evening of today (Feb. 2nd) we still don't have your formal registration, your team will miss the tournament.

And 1 more hint, now we already have 16 registered teams. So even if you make your registration, your team will need an extra round of qualification games vs. Team OldScotch. The last registration under the list. Only the winner team (your team or OldScotch) will be accepted to the tournament.

The qualification games will be in the format of BO3, i.e. the 2 teams play 3 games. The one wins 2 games out of 3 will be accepted to the btt2012. The other will fail to go further in the tournament.

Terror-Sheep @2012-02-02 12:58:51 Wrote:hi,

i have do use a Veto.... our team was registrated on time - the team of djcosta has not .... additionaly there are no rules which allow a qualify round after missing the deadline..... i dont care how strong or weak the last team will be - its just not acceptable....

greetings

Prog @2012-02-02 13:34:24 Wrote:"The BTT organizers reserve the right to modify the rules at a later time with valid reasons."

Just throwing that in here.

Nevertheless I think we should just make 1 group larger in this case : D

curryking1 @2012-02-02 15:12:03 Wrote:Djcosta's team were 3 player, but I am willing to help and join them, so this is a 4player team able to play btt. Just give him some hours, he is from germany and probably working atm. I am sure he will register team today.

Ps: If he register i would recommend prog's larger group, no stress for anybody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally made it and team is registered. Thanks!

After thinking carefully, I made the decision:
Unfortunately the team LastComers will not be accepted to the BTT2012 tournament, because they registered too late after the deadline.

And the reasons are:

The BTT2012 deadline has been clear since the very beginning. We said "until Feb. 1st" in the BT loading screen and later precisely specified to Feb. 2nd, 0:00. Also we have reminded to players many times about the deadline is coming.

The team LastComers started late to group up (from Jan. 28th), but they still have 4 days before the deadline. Also we should consider some players (like curryking1) started looking for teams even earlier.

Overall, my point is: it should be possible for them to make up the team before the deadline. But they failed because they are not well prepared enough for the tournament (comparing to other 16 teams).

I must say I feel the team LastComers was trying very hard to make the team. Also 1 of the purposes of the tournament is to promote the Battle Tanks game and attract more new players to the community. So i wanted to involve the team into the tournament and I made the reply to give them 1 extra day.

However, 17 teams (including LastComers) would result in an extra round of quolification game, vs team OldScotch. When writing the reply I forgot to consider the feeling of the team OldScotch. And as Terror-Sheep said clearly, it was not acceptable.

Terror-Sheep's Veto does have valid reason. If we follow the btt rules, the LastComers was registered after the deadline. So they shouldn't be allowed to enter, and there is no need to have the quolification games.

Although as prog pointed out that we also have rule 17 (The BTT organizers reserve the right to modify the rules at a later time with valid reasons.) But this rule was designed mostly to cover the situations when the rule itself cannot function well. And for the team LastComers, this was not the situation. Also we shouldn't abuse this right.

Another suggestion was to accept team LastComers and make a larger group with 5 teams (the other 3 group 4 teams). If we go this way, another rule (4.3) will be violated for sure.

The btt organizers (including me) want to make everyone happy in this tournament. But it is the truth that different team/people have different interests. This is why we designed the btt rules that everyone must follow. Say if we break the btt rules for team LastComers now, later other teams (especially when they are defeated) may ask to do the same. And this will make the tournament impossible to oragnize.

So after a long and diffcult consideration, I think it is better not to accept the team LastComers to the tournament. My appology to djcosta, to curryking1 and to other members of that team. I should have given a firm no from the 1st place. sorry about that.
he was just not thinking about the point/situation, which team oldscotch mentiond..., keep it cool.
And sry, but u guys did not fit the btt ruls, so dont blame others.

greets
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2012-02-07, 13:14:11)curryking1 Wrote: You should not give us one more day if u did not accept us later on!

You had one more day but you did not get a full team in this peroid. So what's wrong?

Just because we gave you one more day we should have accepted you even after that period? Doesn't make sense to me...
(2012-02-07, 13:40:54)Velocity2k Wrote:
(2012-02-07, 13:14:11)curryking1 Wrote: You should not give us one more day if u did not accept us later on!

You had one more day but you did not get a full team in this peroid. So what's wrong?

Just because we gave you one more day we should have accepted you even after that period? Doesn't make sense to me...

Well, the deadline was Feb. 2nd 0:00. But I said in a post if they can team up before the Feb. 2nd evening we can wait. However team OldScotch doesn't want to have the quolification game.

So it was kind my fault that I shouldn't give this extra time until Feb. 2nd evening. This is what curryking1 is talking about.
"You should not give us one more day if u did not accept us later on! It's not ok too...
Have fun! "

well, at least its for me a "bit" to "aggressiv" or how ever.. then u dont blamd him, im paranoid ok, sry for that *eyeroll* (enough ot)
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
RelaxSmile

Read this awesome manga : http://www.mangafox.com/manga/addicted_to_curry/ Big Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Deadline is deadline. No problem maybe next year we will be first registered team.
till next year bt will die
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
Deadline is deadline. What is so hard in understanding that?
(2012-02-08, 04:02:38)LoveComesAgain Wrote: till next year bt will die

I dont hope so O.o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,354 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg
  about team Heroes loses the game because of flaming olivercamel 27 21,605 2012-02-29, 16:25:27
Last Post: progg
  We will accept the new Revoltek team for BTT olivercamel 45 32,115 2012-02-25, 01:56:08
Last Post: olivercamel
  Final Call for Team BeerTanks olivercamel 10 9,483 2012-02-18, 16:34:11
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT2012 Team Registration, ELO and Seeding olivercamel 16 17,122 2012-02-15, 15:20:14
Last Post: Prokrastinat