Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculation of BTanks League
Hi,

I just found the beta page of the current btanks league and I'm wondering how the ranking is calculated. The ranking seems to depend on the wins, losts, leaves and penalty, which seems reasonable to me. But the influence of the total count of leaves is kind of weird. A player with a 1:2:1 statistic is ranked better than another player with a 11:10:2 statistic, while the second player has a better win/lost ratio and a better overall stay rate. Clarification or a statement like "the calculation is still beta" are appreciated.Wink

so long, haz0r

PS:

also weird: a 0:2:1 statistic is better than a 0:1:1 statistic, so you can climb the league by loosing games?
"That's the way it is with any powerful tool: There's always more to learn, and there are always better ways to do what you've done before." D. E. Knuth
haz0r Wrote:I just found the beta page of the current btanks league
haz0r Wrote:Clarification or a statement like "the calculation is still beta" are appreciated.Wink

Self-explaining.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Not self-explaining at all. Beta site could also mean beta layout and does not always refer to beta calculation. I usually expect errors in beta version but this time it was not clear to me whether this is intention or will be changed in the future.

As the current calculation will be changed in future version, can you tell something about the final concept? At least, I think it would be helpful to discuss the calculation in the forum in order to make it more transparent for everybody.
"That's the way it is with any powerful tool: There's always more to learn, and there are always better ways to do what you've done before." D. E. Knuth
Everything is in the beta status right now. I personally don't know the exact calculation since it changes quite fast.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Ok. Good to know. Thanks for the fast reply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 3,124 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  Btanks discord channel and Clan BT warrior_cobra 0 2,417 2017-04-12, 17:09:52
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 6,161 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI
  League: Please cap max penalty at 7 RAF_Fenix 5 5,549 2014-12-15, 05:19:04
  http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=10921 El_Polacco 6 6,231 2014-11-21, 22:29:18
Last Post: El_Polacco