Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default zoom level
Hi folks, here's a suggestion

Can we set the default zoom level to 3500 or thereabouts? I don't think anyone uses the default zoom level.
Oh, most people use the default, at least whenever i plan public.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
koshen Wrote:Hi folks, here's a suggestion

Can we set the default zoom level to 3500 or thereabouts? I don't think anyone uses the default zoom level.

well me and my friends do the zoomed out version is with to little units (cant see the action :wink: ) and we sometimes just dont see enemy comming
oh and if you're talking about using it to see more things ther eis a minimap....
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
I type -zoom 7000 everygame cause i want to have the maxBig Grin
I don't know what's the right number for the maximum but i like to see everything.

Yea yea it's hard to see little creeps or tanks but therefor i have the health bars always turned on. Then i can see everything and everyone who is commingWink

But i agree that 3000 isn't enough. Good idea to increase it to 3500!
We recently discussed that issue in DevTeam, result was that different players will always use different zoom levels. It always depends on screen resolution and personal preferences. If we change it to 3500, people will come here and suggest setting it to 3000 or 4000. No single default zoom level will make the zoom command obsolete for an adequate part of players.

Also, the further away you zoom, the more the game will potentially lag. Therefore the default zoom level is not that high, as some players, especially new ones, do not care that much about zoom sometimes.

Furthermore, typing -zoom xxxx in the beginning is fast and easy. You can type it during your first CP-teleport, have it in clipboard when the game starts, some tools even offer hotkeys for such commands. So dont bother too much with it :wink:
Older video cards may operate too slow on some pc's on higher zoom levels. And people may think "This map sux, its too slow!".
Better to keep it this way.
Trolololo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  change high tech mocde to level 5 instead of 10 benben10 7 4,255 2010-03-25, 05:18:22
Last Post: benben10
  Increase maximum zoom level griffin1987 7 4,027 2010-02-08, 20:44:58
Last Post: Battlemaniac
  Change default zoom koshen 7 4,002 2009-09-03, 19:02:10
Last Post: horselance
  Allow zoom when playing as the force benben10 3 2,440 2009-07-17, 12:01:07
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Level 5 Creeps/Hero Custom Option GooglyBoogly 2 2,635 2009-03-13, 16:19:57
Last Post: Dr.McNinja