Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability/Item/Weapon concepts
Here are some concepts of weapon/item/ability that I suggest to increase the fun and the situations ingame.

- Adding to all "hero/creep" only weapon a mode that let us able to switch them to normal back. Unable to switch is is a to high handicap :p

- Mode weapon that provide a variation of range. Players would be able to switch their tank to low range to surprise the enemy or switch to longer range when evade.

- Burning trap item/ability: consumable item that player can set up on the ground. When ground tank walk on it, it gets burned for 10-20 sec and get damage trough time.

- Mana discharger: item/ability that when use remove all mana of units(enemies) around tank and the amount is equal to the mana of this tank(and removing also the mana of the use itself)

- Push Bomb : item/ability that player can throw on a surface. When explode, it push all units around to 2000 range away.

- Push wave : ability/item that sends wave on a straight line but push all enemies away.

- Surviving stase: item/ability: when the player use it, his tank gets in stase, it can't move and his item are desactivated but is invicible. It last from 30-40 sec. The player is free to cancel it anytime. It is a strong item to survive until allied players come to help. (stase doesn't work in cp)

- Fog : item/ability: it creates a fog that when allied tanks are inside, there are invisible (like for smoke)

- Swap: item/ability: it swap your tank with the allied tank. You can aim in a range of 2000.

- Hypergravity: item/ability that makes your tank and tank in range of 800 gets "air" for 20 sec. It would be useful for surprise over tree attack/evade.

- Teleport pusher. Ability/item: when enemy teleport in range (1300), it gets teleport away of 1500 range.

- Disruption: Ability that make the aimed enemy tank to be unable to use his items and abilities for 2-5 sec

- Heal storm: Item/ability: Same kind as orbital control but it provides hp to allied units/tanks.

- Transplant shield: ability: when you use it on allied tank. you receive all damage this allied should receive for 10 sec.

- Cloud bringer: item: when you use it, it creates high wind in an area of 2000-4000 for 20-40 sec. All air units in this area are slowed by 25% and gets 20% damage on themself.

- Degrading virus: ability: the enemy aimed by this ability, is unable to get any heal (even from cp) during 15-30 sec.

- Jumping robot kit: item/ability: it provides to all robot tank type to gets the ability to jump like an antigrav. (and then we can make all robot slower (-10-15%) than normal tank but increase their hp by 10% :p )

- Defensive area kit: item/ability: it put a flag on an area (1000 range) that gives an aura to this area for 30 sec. This area provide 10-15% reduction against damage to all allied.

- Offensive area kit: item/ability: same as defensive area kit but provides more damage on enemies units in the area

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I guess i'll take a look here whenever i need an idea (just like for 8.66)Tongue
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
I like the range mode swap, like going from 600 range to 900 would be cool.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Dragger: Drags the targeted unit in the users direction. ( Disables Ports )

Magnetic Mine: Deals much damage and drags everything ( units, tanks, mines ) to it.

Ion Storm: Creates a storm, which slows enemies in it and disables their abilitys.

Hook: Launches a hook in the target direction, damages enemies. Should the hook reach a cliff, the user is dragged to it.

Air Torpedos: Instant cast, only air, releases 2 torpedos each aquire a random near air unit. When they hit the target they deal much damage.

Barrel Bomb: Releases a slow bomb in the target direction, the bomb explodes after x seconds and deals huge damage. ( bomb stops at cliffs and buildings )

Splitter Grenade: Fires a grenade in the target area, which deals huge damage to creeps but wont damage tanks.

cedi
Some others:

1/ Troop focus. Aim a tank and all creep in 2000 range focus attack on the aimed tank.

2/ Hyper decoy, It makes appear a huge decoy (with the tank hp x 4) that doest not move for 7-15 sec.

3/ Self exploding. When used the tank reduces its hp to 1 and deals 1000-5000 damage to the area (like exploder). Sometimes when you are sure to die alone in the cp vs enemies, it is better to use it.

4/ Link curse. When the aimed enemy dies, All enemies in range of 1000 get stun and receive 5-10% hp-mana damage.

5/ Tricky bounty. Reduce 50% bounty of your tank for 7 sec.
Minesweeper - destroys all mines, tp breakers and decoys within 1k radius

Tactician - places a troop spawning and regening factory (w/reduced hp) for X seconds (cooldown > X), does not count towards fac limit

Directional Hull, takes reduced damage from the front, extra damage from the rear

Veteran, increases xp gain and gives double hp/mana level bonus
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Tom-Ace Wrote:I like the range mode swap, like going from 600 range to 900 would be cool.

more like something on the 500 to 1300 range, now that will be cool

like a combination of poison/laser to torpedo/rocket
Battlemaniac Wrote:
Tom-Ace Wrote:I like the range mode swap, like going from 600 range to 900 would be cool.

more like something on the 500 to 1300 range, now that will be cool

like a combination of poison/laser to torpedo/rocket

That would be really really to good and then imba :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,248 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,555 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,611 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,551 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,964 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM