Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
invulnerable facs
i suggest making the factories invulnerable as long as the correspondent laser tower(s) is still there. (ex. if u destroy top laser tower, u can dmg the 2 facs at top) so u can prevent ppl from flying in enemy base with a bomb or inf/skyfortr who make suicide to destroy facs.
but rebuilted laser towers shouldnt make facs invulnerable
Isn't the bomb just made for doing such suicide missions? Won't the length of the game increase even more?
prog is right, the bomb is made exactly for such suicide-bombers, so i dont think that there is a chance to change it.

but:
sam_ach Wrote:but rebuilted laser towers shouldnt make facs invulnerable
ACK! thats really annoying...
No Support via PM!!
y ofc bombs are made for such suicide missions, but i think its just not fair, if some1 who played bad at start buys an airship teleport (smoke) and a bomb, flies into enemies base and is able to destroy 2 facs.
for example, if 1 team has all (or at least 5) cps and is trying to destroy the enemy base, but without doing any serious damage at facs, so defending team can easely defend. then some1 of defending team buys a bomb, air ship etc. ports at least twice into enemy base, plants bomb and 4 facs are destroyed.
ofc u can say, u just have to pay attention that he isnt able to plant bomb. but its the same with exploders. u dont pay attention just a few seconds, because u are busy to use ur skills, and ur facs are destroyed. kinda annoying
psycho_dmr Wrote:but:
sam_ach Wrote:but rebuilted laser towers shouldnt make facs invulnerable
ACK! thats really annoying...
what?^^ i dont get itBig Grin
edit: ok i understood itSmile
The thing just is: even if he does kill 2 facs he's at a loss. 2 Facs are not worth 4k gold. (3.x k gold if the fac bounty taken into account)
i think it is.
the "bomber" would die in a battle in 2-3 seconds anyway, so he wouldnt help that much
edit: so instead of doing nothing, he gives his team more force income
i share sams opinion in this case.
exactly cause of the allready described things.
it doesnt need skill, nor is it fair and u can turn games other ways as well.
besides the bomber its even more annoying if someone does that with skyfortress...
what about just a great armor bonus? so the bomb just make 1/3 of the facs life
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
After doing the maths i have to correct myself: It is indeed worth way more than 4k.

Bomb costs 4k
Let's assume the bounty of a factory is 350
Let's assume 1 hour is allready played so one Marine is worth 24 gold
Let's assume you kill 2 facs with selfkill in the first try, you get 700 bounty. Net gold loss: 3300
You forcegold increases by 4 x ((2x 24 (marines) + 2x 36 (artillery/zep) + 1x 48 (commander)) x 15 (they spawn 3 times a minute)) = 10080 gold -> 1/3 from that: 3360 -> /players -> 672 gold per player.

Is this correct? If yes, it is definitly too much and there should be a change (you'd have the gold loss compensated in 5 minutes!), but rather make them take less damage when the laser towers are alive instead of making them invulnerable (Velocity's idea).

€: I forgot an important point: If the facs were alive you could kill the creeps as a player:

You'd get for killing the creeps of two facs 2520 gold/5 minutes (only if your force's creeps don't kill any of them). The gold difference to the fac killed would be just 840 gold. Killing the fac you'd have the 3,3k compensated in ~20 Minutes without taking your fighting somewhere else into consideration (I don't do this, becouse the amount gained by that should be close to the amount you'd get from spending the bomb gold into any weapon, so they kinda eliminate each other). Seems too strong as well.
A single bomb costs 3250 if I recall correctly. A bit cheap imo. It's not so hard to destroy a bomb with enough firepower. In a way you waste gold which could have been used to better weapons etc, but you destroy factories well so it's a well worth investment in destruction.
if u make the bomb more expensive, noone would buy it like it was before (wich is not too bad imo^^), also this wouldnt solve the problem with sky fortress which does heavy dmg on facs aswell with its bombs. just make them invul.. high armor upgrade sounds not bad as well.
let them take less damage would also be fine