Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force gold distribution
Hi,

Sorry for new thread (but when there are too many suggestions in one thread only one is responded to).

Again I need to ask why the process of gold distributed by Force is not faster?

Here is what I understand from the infos you give in the Btanks mechanics thread :
  • every 5 minutes Force uses the gold it gathered during the 5 previous minutes.
  • First It does armor upgrade and weapon upgrade : 1400 and 1500 gold for a total of 2900 gold.
  • then with the rest of the gold it gives all players a ratio (details in the mechanics above) :
    Quote:ForceGold * 4 / (NPT * 9 + 15)
    NPT - number of players in a team

When working with real numbers, it comes down to this:
    5 players = 33.33% (6.67% for each player)
    4 players = 31.37% (7.84% for each player)
    3 players = 28.57% (9.52% for each player)
    2 players = 24.24% (12.12% for each player)
    1 player = 16.66%
    Where ForceGold is the total earned by Force for the 5 previous minutes minus the 2900 gold for upgrades?
  • and then gold Force is set to 0?
  • and we start again for 5 minutes.

Hope I get all right.

What are the source from gold force ? I guess :
  • every troops, building and ennmey heroes killed by towers or its own troops (with assists and multikills, at least untill V8.80 for multikills I dont think you give Force the possibility to make killing spree or assist spree Big Grin)
  • a fixed income like any players ?
  • and the ghost gold from the missing spawn from ennemies cp and factories (multiply by 4). Does it get every 20s in the force gold or if you reconquer the cp after 1 mn there is no bonus gold for the previous minutes which is 3 spawn?

I think it would be better to give the gold sooner, still giving the same overall gold, but not waiting for 5 minutes :
  • every 20 s you give the ratio of the ghost gold from cp and factory missing troops spawn. with the same formula. This gold wont be used for upgrades.
  • every 20s or 1 minutes if you prefer you give the ratio of gold force minus the gold for upgrades :
    total cost of upgrades = 2900 gold
    you divided it by 5 if you give every minutes : 580 gold. this amount is kept out from distribution and kept by force.
    at 1 minute force will distribute its gold (gathered during the previous minute) minus 580 and keep the 580 discarding the rest of the gold like it is done at the 5 minus mark.
    at 2 minutes force will distribute its goldgathered during the previous minute) minus 2*580 and keep the 2*580.
    at 5 minutes force will distribute its gold minus 5*580 and keep the 5*580 = 2900. those 2900 will then be used to buy the upgrades.

• you can do the same maths with 20s cd as it is the spawn rate of troops.

I really like to understand why it is not done this way ? Is it no possible?
Have you already discussed about some balance issue?

getting the advantage you earn by doing good at the right time and not waiting 5 minutes could (I am not sure) make things a little bit faster without changing the amount of gold ingame.

Thanks for reading,

As for the main reason : regarding all the game I have played in league, when you get all cp or even a slight advantage in map control The safest play untill you get rewarded is to camp imo . And sometimes it is a bit boring cause you know you ll smash the other team but you need a little bit more gold but you need to wait 5 minutes to get it.

Last thing I mainly play pubs when team synchro is not the best but seing the BTT replays I dont think this statement is totally biased by the pub factor.
It's cool to open a new thread for every topic (in fact, I prefer it that way).

Anyway, I'm responding now, just to clear up some facts. Before I comment on how it is better or not, I'd like to hear the opinion of others.

First, the upgrade gold is completely seperate from the gold that is distributed. It's given every five minutes, based on the number of CPs the forces own exactly at the 5 min mark. Any upgrade gold that wasn't used is saved for the next interval. The only interaction between this upgrade gold and the force gold comes into play, when all upgrades are researched. Then the upgrade gold gets added to the force gold, before it is distributed.

The force does not get any passive income, but you got the rest right. The gold for missing CP and factory spawns gets added at every spawn interval.

At some point the interval was changed to 5 minutes and I think it was 1 minute before. I can only guess why it was done, since I didn't do it and it was done years ago. I assume it was changed together with the added force creep upgrades. Upgrades every minute would be way too much, so they were done every 5 minutes instead and to keep it more consistent, upgrades and gold disitribution were done together from that point.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2014-02-17, 14:40:19)Exodus Wrote: First, the upgrade gold is completely seperate from the gold that is distributed. It's given every five minutes, based on the number of CPs the forces own exactly at the 5 min mark. Any upgrade gold that wasn't used is saved for the next interval. The only interaction between this upgrade gold and the force gold comes into play, when all upgrades are researched. Then the upgrade gold gets added to the force gold, before it is distributed.

Imo it is really good that it works that way :
no need to touch the upgrades mechanic, at least it is not what I have in mind, you still got a tactical play to pressure cp just before the 5mn mark wether it is like or not by players.

(2014-02-17, 14:40:19)Exodus Wrote: I assume it was changed together with the added force creep upgrades. Upgrades every minute would be way too much, so they were done every 5 minutes instead and to keep it more consistent,

I agree with that, force upgrade every 5 mn seems to be a good pace for the game, as you can fast it up with your own gold.

(2014-02-17, 14:40:19)Exodus Wrote: The force does not get any passive income, but you got the rest right. The gold for missing CP and factory spawns gets added at every spawn interval.
and to keep it more consistent, upgrades and gold disitribution were done together from that point.

Thats what I think is wrong logic :
  • every 20s new gold is added in game by spawning troops.(bounty for tanks is a different matters as there is new gold each time player spend money to upgrade his tanks and you cant control that)
  • every kill that occurs in game add gold into the game : when a player get the kill it is an immediat reward. But when Force get the kill you ll have to wait the next 5mn mark. (you could argue about the fact that instead of having nothing the force gives you back a ratio of that gold, not like a teamate who keeps the gold from his kills, and you still get assist when force kills instead of you. So it could be seen as something already generous. But it is implemented that way and I consider this as the same as creeps or tower kills)

when a player get a kill being a hero, a creep or a building the gold is instantly added to his. And he choose to use it now or later.
when the force gets the kill it cant be used before the 5mn mark.

now the most annoying part :
a factory or a cp "missing" at the 20s mark the ennemy will have the spawn from the ennemy and then can get the gold if he succeed in getting the gold.
on the other hand the team with the "advantage" will have to wait the 5 mn mark, but they should have a bonus seeing they have done well in conquering or destroying the fac.

I know that part of the bonus is that they have a little more than the full bounty for every creeps (120% of bounty given among the 5 players, if I do the corrrect math) where the ennemy team can at most get 100% bounty for a kill for one player or 33% given among the 5 players.

So I really do think that the 2 things should live separetely :
  1. force gold upgrades with the 5 mn mark.
  2. force gold distribution with the spawn mark every 20s.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,741 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
Exclamation ally gold FlashVanMaster 1 2,835 2012-10-18, 05:48:10
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Make gold update every minute. scron2 1 2,821 2012-02-22, 14:33:14
Last Post: Velocity2k
  Leavers gold proportionnaly with ELO? Max 11 8,503 2012-02-07, 18:13:39
Last Post: Max
  Disable Early Leaver's Gold Boobies 4 4,029 2011-04-22, 04:17:29
Last Post: toyboatt