Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalyst - Battleships for SC2
Honestly wasnt sure if I should post this or not..

Anyways, found this little neat UMS over at the TL forums. Its basically a remake of Battleships / Btanks for SC2 and its already looking quite great.
A fair amount of items and tanks already so looking quite promising. I for one will be playing around with this map over the next few weeks to stil my urge until the real Btanks is outSmile

Catalyst - Cityscape
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
This map is freaking awesome!

Edit_

After playing 3 games you get tired of this very fast as it's insanely fast paced and it ends up with u having million of crystals unspent and having the best of everything.
New Version out with slightly changes on the Map-Center and some other little things. Makes more fun then last version but has still the problems TFK mentioned.
So, the Developer has pulled the plug for this map, so there is one rival less in the game of getting attention in bnet2.0 if you release a BT-map. But he said, he will return with a new catalyst map...
Been following the development of Battle Tanks for some time now. Quite excited for it myself too.

As for Catalyst's re-release, oh yes. I made a lot of mistakes in the first incarnation and learnt a great deal.

Yes, I really did just register to post here. I quite admire the BTanks community, and I can't wait to see how the map itself turns out.
Battle Tanks SC2 map development has reached quite far, just a few weeks until it's done. Maybe we get to see it in December 2010 or January 2011.

I'm not used to the SC2 editor and hard to find good maps to learn from, the best map so far which is openable in editor is starlocks, but it does provide insufficient triggers about multiboarding and development stuff. There is lots of good maps but the mappers prevent the map from being opened in the editor Sad

However it seems like you know a lot how to make maps and maybe you can help the sc2 mappers if they need some advice.

Would be nice if the mappers also made an map upload on sc2mapster when it's done.