Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starlords / Spacelords (Idea to new space map brainstorming)
STARLORDS or SPACELORDS

I've planned to make the greatest space map of all times for wc3. I'm not sure what I'm going to call it, but atm I've just called it Starlords.

I'm planning to make a space combat map which allows 100% customization of each ships weaponry. I'm planning to make a epic map which can be as awesome as Master of Orion 2 where your ships get be refitted and designed after players wishes, which results in making his own unique ships. While you research, your older ships does still have the same equipment and only the new ships does benefit from the new technology. Also I'm planning to use the same techtree as in Master of Orion 2. One of the best space games created. However I'm going to make a real time based instead, so battles can happen simultaneously.

Space Battle
[Image: 132929-albums1931-picture14626.jpg]

I'm going to make the production system similar to the Master of Orion. Also research and production will work in the same way. Also with diplomacy, trade treaties, research treaties, trading technologies with foreign aliens, Alliances and much more.....

The most awesome part will be the space battles where the players has designed their ships from scratch from the design screen (just like in MoO2). Each player will have designed their ships with different weapons and equipments.

Normal weapons will be in 4 categories: Beam/Energy weapons, Projectile weapons, Homing Missile weapons and Energy Based Torpedoes

There's a lot of special equipments you can put into the ships. Example can be shields, ecm jammers, inertial nullifier and much more....

Hull strength of ship classes (Just brain storming):
  • Star Fighter: 8
  • Corvette: 20
  • Frigate: 40
  • Destroyer: 100
  • Cruiser: 200
  • Battlecruiser: 400
  • Dreadnought: 1000
  • Doom Star: 5000

Available space slots on the ship classes (Just brain storming):
  • Star Fighter: 15
  • Corvette: 40
  • Frigate: 90
  • Destroyer: 150
  • Cruiser: 250
  • Battlecruiser: 500
  • Dreadnought: 1250
  • Doom Star: 3000

Impulse Speed modifiers on the ship classes (Just brain storming):
  • Star Fighter: 260
  • Corvette: 220
  • Frigate: 190
  • Destroyer: 170
  • Cruiser: 155
  • Battlecruiser: 140
  • Dreadnought: 130
  • Doom Star: 120

Hyperdrive speed will be same for all classes.

For example a beam weapon takes 10 space, so a fighter can only have 1 beam weapon. While the Doom Star is as big as a planet and can countless weapons equipped and can destroy planets will correct technology, but it will take forever to build one. Having more smaller ships can be an advantage against few bigger ships, if you're good at micro and evading the incoming weapon fire, while the smaller faster ships cannot evade homing missiles. Choosing correct weapons is a part of the tactics.

Ship Class List (SC space imports)

[Image: db7b946e52a67f8965f77d2cb179e267_14845.j...1248021663]
Star Fighter Class

[Image: d751f132d2e991daa73a24ac0ead23ba_14556.j...1247800209]
Frigate Class

(Frigate strength = 4 star fighters)

[Image: ebfa9576f4a32d4f23a332b333f0b813_14667.j...1247800176]
Destroyer Class

(Destroyer strength = 10 star fighters)

[Image: d2d4a5c2b7bd4992fe68a3da233c08eb_14665.j...1247800176]
Cruiser Class

(Cruiser strength = 20 star fighters)

[Image: battlecruiser.jpg]
Battlecruiser Class

(Battlecruiser strength = 40 star fighters)

[Image: befb1301c924740357b2079e0f6eefb0_14844.j...1248021705]
Dreadnought Class

(Dreadnought strength = 100 star fighters)

[Image: 24f56586f915ab71d500ef7c03119d56_15055.j...1248356402]
Doom Star Class

(Doom Star strength = 400 star fighters)

Space Fight - Small Test Map
:shock: Tongue
Awesome! i'll definitely check back to see how youre doing with this (bored of bt). Ill help you come up with a better name, starlords sounds extremely lame like star shooter. You can alwayus rename it once you are satisfied and ready to release.

It should be easy to abreviate so people can reference the game without meaning another game.

The Open Void - TOV
Final Frontier - FF
Battle Cruisers - BC
๏̮๏
Spacelords sounds better to me.
Even with 3 ships it is hard to control. With other things included this will be a very hard game.
Make it turn based if you canBig Grin
Trolololo
It's not an AoS like Battle Tanks, but a strategy game where you control entire fleets of ships. Also there is empire management, intense researching for new techs, exploring new planets, expanding your space empire by colonizing planets, customize your ships weaponry 100% and make your own style....

This is just alpha version, I'm going adding more projectiles. The aiming is pretty random and the beams are inaccurate, while missiles are homing, but you only have a few of them.
[attachment=0]

I've added all the ship classes to the first post

Which pic is best as minimap preview image?

This?
[Image: fd4b7c50a57c209ff59b618a664b1d91_15074.j...1248383657]

Or this?
[Image: ea2176128a7c1ef362e6762ddd280b4b_14842.j...1248021673]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What about assigning a miss% to every projectile and hits show a large effect like an explosion? I dont know if its possible, making moving ships have a higher miss% and damaged ships also have a higher miss%. Large ships should have a low dodge% while small & fast ships have a high dodge%. Maybe even add in a distance factor to affect miss%. I take it your system is 'fire and forget' where projectiles travel in a straight line.

And consider renaming doom star to death star because people will like it more. Its clearly a death star, no doubt and being the biggest spacecraft, it should be special.

--

The first image looks much better because you can clearly see the ship, while the 2nd one seems abstract because the ships are harder to see. Also, change the outer glow, its incredibly photoshop-cheesy. I dont quite understand what minimap preview means, is that the minimap image to display before the game starts? I can help out if you need any.

Also, it'd be cool to get an idea of how much you've already done. One time long ago, i played an AOS style game set in space with a lot of custom models such as starcraft units. It was pretty well done, but i forgot the name and never saw it again..
๏̮๏
The system is made in such a way that projectiles fires inaccurate and the projectiles goes in a straight line. If it hits a ship, it hits. Bigger ships are much easier to hit cuz they are bigger.

The %dodge feature is only applies to homing weapons. For example energy torpedoes and missiles.

I've changed the name from death star to doom star cuz it sounded a bit to much star wars.

Planet Management system: Planet have a number of civilians which can be assigned for 3 roles. Max 12 pr planet.
  • Economy - Increases income by 1
  • Industrial - Increases number of space builders by 1
  • Science - Increases your research speed by 1

Economy system: Ships and important structures costs maintenance points, which means you must pay periodic upkeep. You have to pay 1 pr star fighter, 3 for a star base, 5 pr battlecruiser etc...
The economy system will be using food provided / food used system. That means if you have lots of income, you will earn a lot of gold. However it's possible it get a negative income and that's very bad.

Hyperdrive system: Hyperdrive can be improved with better hyperdrives technologies during the game. At start it's very slow. This part is almost done.

Ship Combat system: Under development....

Ship Design system: Custom Inventory based weapons. Under development....

Ship Damage system: This will feature hitting enemy ships computers systems, crew, speed, weapons etc... Coming soon...

Ship Boarding system: You can board other space ships with correct techs. Coming soon...

Diplomacy Management system: Coming soon...

Star Map: Still needs planning....

Planet Gravtity factor: Still need calculations....

Map progress 1%... This might take several weeks...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retirement of Callex Space Maps WC3 (so boring so boring) TKF 4 14,977 2013-04-20, 22:23:10
Last Post: RaptorXI