Poll: I want a 1100 gold short range weapon.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Indeed.
66.67%
12 66.67%
Actually not.
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1100 gold short range weapon
i see the need of a 1100 gold, close range weapon. with close range i mean about 600.

the only tank who could use that weapon from start in normal mode is the demolisher in certain matchups, since he got enough hitpoints to use a short range weapon (for example on a side lane vs. demolisher or antigrav).

the second tank who would benefit greatly from that kind of weapon is the goblin shredder. his cost was reduced to 3000 to make him a starting tank option, but what to get with him once you earned a few coins?

multibow? not supporting the early aggressive potential of the gobbo
glaive cannon? maybe
basic cannon, tornado summoner and machine gun are quite pricey, because you earn money very slow without a weapon.

longer-ranged weapons do few dps. the shredder is a close combat tank with many hitpoints from start.

and: both these tanks need some love to compete the other starting tanks.

since other tanks hardly benefit from this weapon, i think its a nice option to give them a new tactic.

what weapon should be cut?
an important question. i would not cut a weapon below 3k gold. all strating weapons (maybe except grenade launcher?) have their purpose, and i think cutting a rarely used 4k-10k weapon would be best. but of course many options are possible here.

do you like that idea?
Its a good idea i think. Some balancings might be very good.
Weltuntergang. Na und?
Die Sonne geht doch auch jeden Tag unter.
Good suggestion, as shredder now is neither starting tank nor 2nd one.

I think unused weps list looks like this:
-rock catapult
-glaive cannon/molotov (only one of them as they are quite similar)
-frost magic (buff it or delete it)
-plasma frags
Hey I use rock catapult. It is good to destroy factories far away and finish a game faster...
Trolololo
And I use frost magic.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Okay that was too much ;] but i'm sure we can get rid of one of these toys: molotov, grenade, glaive. I see them very rarely and only in antigravs.
OR change one to close-range. Molotov cheaper and 600 range?
Well, ^^ everyone uses his weapons and I use the molotov as cheap second weapon, because I dislike asic Magic. It is to destroy long range scouts faster, but with the possibility to get a new tank fast too.
The grenade launcher is rarely used, but is used sometimes against heli players.

I think it is too difficult to say which 3k or lower weapon should be changed/deleted, because they belong to different strategies, e.g. 2 possible weapons for antigrav start, maybe if you random antigrav.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
thats why i suggested not to remove a weapon below 3k gold.

maybe confusion magic? AI's like that weapon, but human players..?

or AA gun? i never see it bought, because every air tank player can switch to a ground tank later.
Confusion magic is like 2 tornadoes. leave it there, it's ok.
AA gun is rare, but it also should be there.
Plasma Fragments or Ion cannon?
There is only 2 1100 gold weapons. I don't think we really must have a short range 1100 gold weapon.

In my BT mod map, i made confusion magic into earth magic 444 short range weapon. Well for normal bt, perhaps 555/666?
The point is it has to be cheap, not 4k.
I've been using plasma fragments a bunch, but then again, I'm not exactly an expert at Battle Tanks, so what would I know
It seems to be helpful when you're fighting a bunch of low hp air ships who think they are protected by their creeps
So the weapon system is quiet balanced right nowWink
I use confusion magic really often as 2nd weapon. sometimes fire arrows, denpends on the game. After all thinking about it I come up like tkf to say, maybe we dont need a 1100 Gold short range weapon, because you can use Bow to hunt creeps with a good medium/short range.
Random Player
but you dont want to hunt creeps with the shredder. you want to take advantage of a stronger tank as soon as possible.
How about get rid of either light plasma gun or fireball cannon? They're nearly identical
For a concrete example

Change Fireball Cannon to
2025 gold
950 range
142 damage

upgrade cost
650 gold
bonus damage
+45

Then get rid of light plasma gun completely
why would you take out the light plasma gun? it is still a pretty popular first weapon choice (especially for helicopters). it is also really very different from fireball cannon (2 projectiles vs one).

also, this topic is for an 1100 gold weapon, not a 2k gold weapon. i support putting in an 110g short range weapon to give a little more flexibility for demolishers at the start. near as i can tell the grenade launcher and the molotov cocktail are the least popular starting weapons. if any debate is required regarding a weapon being replaced then these two should be front and centre imo.
Well we have to get rid of something if we want to add a weapon. I suggested light plasma gun because it seemed like it was completely redundant, but I guess I was wrong.
@Bhangbhangdac:
But you have to wait for a "2k" start weapon if you get heli and dont want to play Basic cannon then. Better let it cost 2000 and increase update cost by 25. Nevertheless I think the new weapon is nearly like the usual Plasma, so you deleted the fireball cannon more or less then.
Random Player

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,248 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,739 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
  Force gold distribution ckibibi 2 3,474 2014-02-17, 18:12:58
Last Post: ckibibi
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,551 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver