Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.50] - Dark forces earn much more gold
Watching this replay, http://plichtam.com/temp/toomuchgoldfromcreeps.w3g you can see that the dark forces start to earn crazy amounts of gold towards the end of the game. We were getting income of 6000 per player where the light forces were only getting 300. This cannot be explained by how many creeps kills the troops are getting. In fact, the light forces lost 3 factories, and bought 3 replacements. Purchased factory creeps are worth a lot less than their original counterparts and so the dark forces should have less income. I don't think the creeps were getting player kills at the end either.

So either having control points greatly inflates the amount of cash the dark forces get, or there is a bug of some sort.

If this is by design, we would like to see this reduced and there are many times we have been able to defend the base and turn the game around. But with this kind of income, it's impossible.
Btanks fan since version 4US
I don't know why it happened by I can fix it!
For every factory the opponents lost you get more force gold, regardless of them getting new ones.
I'm not sure this belongs here. Sounds more like a feedback to me...

Also I disagree that the force gold gets to much gold.

Also when the force kills, you get only 1/3 of the gold later in form of force gold, and when 1/3 is being splitted up, it's not much. It's barely noticable!
I kind of agree here. I remember yesterday I played a game where rather late in the game I began to get 6000 gold and more, and we barely touched their base at that point.
It's a bug if this behavior is only true for the dark forces. If this happens for light forces too, then it is more of a suggestion. I figured the cash earned from killing the factory itself was enough of a reward without earning your entire team 500-1000 more gold every 5 minutes. Some of my best games have been 3 hours long where the tide of battle has reached both bases. With this gold bonus, it's nearly impossible to turn the battle around by being cautious and defending well.
Doing more testing... Check out this replay - there are comments every 5 minutes sent through chat. http://plichtam.com/temp/toomuchtest.w3g

It turns out that killing a player factory doesn't directly effect the income.
Owning a control point does boost your team's gold, more than just the extra 2 creeps it spawns warrant.
Killing a factory in the base and replaceing it with a player factory diverts all that income to the player. With only one player on each side, Atarra was earning as much gold every 5 minute interval as I was. BUt more of her cash was directly earned over the 5 minutes and most of mine came from the dark forces income.

Perhaps it's just me, but if I wanted conquest victory turned on, I would have turned it on. But having that much more gold comming in just from owning the cp's seems it's almost forcing conquest victory.
I played a game today 5v5 and one of the Light Force team bouhgt Chopper(1000) + FireBallCanon(2200) = 3200 and this after 30seconds... impossible.... no leaver and he was in the base and didnt creep
there is an option on your civilian person b4 u choose a tank to random a tank. U get some extra money for choosing this option. I dont remember the percent for it though. 5% maybe so an extra 150 gold to your 3k. He probably just waited some time to gain money over time and then bought the weapon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playerswap gold change xXBehinderungXx 1 2,741 2012-01-27, 00:42:23
Last Post: Exodus
  to much start gold [v.8.73] bademeister 2 3,467 2011-03-21, 18:27:28
Last Post: bademeister
  "Sell" an Item in BaseTower or Castle = no gold Der_Gaertner 5 4,030 2010-03-02, 21:10:03
Last Post: ssl
  creep gold visual indications not showing up qweqqweq 2 2,001 2010-01-07, 01:34:53
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Start gold cheat with junkyard???? prismc 7 4,405 2009-12-10, 02:27:49
Last Post: qweqqweq