Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liga System
I'm now working on a map and want to make a liga-like system.
How does it work?
And can game check liga points of users?
Trolololo
As far as I know the liga system is not in the game.
Just the code creation and the password algo which allows someone to enter a league game (which allows a league code for you to be created)
You have to create a liga code with the information of the game. You need: Who joined league, who won, who lost.
This code is given to your external liga system, where it is compared to your ranking list.
Points are added accordingly like you want the system to work.

This is how I would make it, and I guess like it is done.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
The old liga system is much simpler, but require the mapper to put peoples names into the map, or simply allow it for everyone and create a cryptic submission code which in short tells the player names and who won and who lost.

You still need a website to allow submissions and calc scores and so on.
You are really good at repeating what others sayBig Grin

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
I'm talking about the old liga system, not the new. It's very different cuz everything is in the map and names must be registered into the map. It doesn't rely on a external system, but mostly internal in the map.
Well but how does it differ games. Ex: you made the same match for twice with same teams and won them both. The code will be same? You musnt be registering a code twice.
You can ad more variables to code for non-duplication eg. player stats. But if stats are also same, game will be same coded...Smile Hmm maybe game end time also is a factor...

So how the site check your "battle tanks league" stat on profile? In fact why does it need such an information at all...

Now I understand why a guy was "saying my pw works on azeroth too". Because it cant check your realm, just checks your name and it has 4 variants of pw.

I hate to make cryptation...
Trolololo
The Battle Tanks League in profile is there for one reason only.
It ensures the account owner only may register the account and not anyone else.
If the registration script doesn't find it in your profile, you cannot register.
The check is very easy, because profiles are visible on www.
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-p...=Morkardar

For the encryption... I don't know if there is the posibility for a rand function or something using the game creation date or anything like that.
I can't imagine how it is done without that.

wow morkardar, didnt know your were such an uber TFT player... awesome stats!
You can delete that information btw. Its only needed for the registration.

And that problem with the same password on different realms, your password is created based on you account name. So when your accounts are named the same on different realms, there is a chance to get the same password on both realms. But the problem is something different. The map itself cannont check what your current password is, so it only checks if it would be possible that you'd get this password based on your name. So when you have the same accounts on another realm, it will also accept the other password. Also, when creating a new password, it will still accept the old one ingame. But when you enter the code online, there is the possibility to check for your real password and then you may get an error when you entered an old password or one from another realm.

And the game length is also in the code, just like some special modes and the map version.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
so what is the encryption you use exodus? Big Grin
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...