Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
special abiltitys of weapons
i mentionened that some weapons have special abilitys, while shooting.

e.g. frost weapon (for 3000 gold) slows the target
or magic weapon (for 8888 gold) stunes the target

i sure that other weapons have such abilitys too.

can anyone post pls.
the ice cannon doesnt slow a target, and the 8888 magic doesnt stun.

and im sure no weapon has such an ability.

:?: :?: :?:
A weapon that stun would be imba... (or give it a delay of 30 sec and really highe price with low damage...)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
@ der satan:

are you totally sure?
the effect i mentioned is not very long (0,5 - 1 sec) and not in every case. maybe there is a small chance the the effect works (e.g.: 5-10%). i think the chance of effect increases when you have more than one weapon of this kind.

marius can you pls write something about this.

@ all:

psycho laser has such a ability too i think. it confuses the target and it cant move for 1 sec.

it is possible to see when you are effected by an ability of a weapon in your tanks status where you can see strength, agility and intelligence and armor. there is the word "status:" and when you are effected by an ability there is and small picture.

maybe member of pro bt clans already know that.
this little status picture is standard in every BT game.

but im really sure these weapons have no such an effect. they are all based on "phoenix fire", and it would require tons of scripting and triggering to add an effect like slow or stun to them.

sometimes people suggest to add effects like these into the game, but its just not really possible (due to massive effort, lag and maybe filesize too :? ).

so im pretty sure they havnt these effects, if they are looking as if they had them, the animation is well done :mrgreen:

to the picture you see: there are some tank abilities which cause a picture appearing in your status field. im pretty sure it was one of them, you may have a closer look to them next time to be sure.
There are no special effects like you mentioned. You'd notice such effects if they were there. On another point, it is possible to create such weapons BUT it will most certainly increase lag in game.

The state icon you see there is just the buff "weapon damage" and it shows up for only 0.01 seconds.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.