Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTanks League RANKED #28903 - Desynced
I got desynced by the server and with me pretty close to 100 penalty, I hope my penalty from this game can be removed.

Player: http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=5361
Game: Will be up with link as soon as it finishes.
Game: http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=28848
The server disconnected you, because you have been in another gamestate compared to all other players. This is not the bots fault. It may be map related or it might be something on your side.

I have removed the penalty but this will not be the normal case in the future. If there was a bug in the map which causes a desync, it could be abused to leave a game and don't receive a penalty.

More important would be to solve the desyncs. We need to know, if it happens when a special action is done or if it really happens randomly.
its odd i find that some players don't desync at all i probably play the map once a day on average i never .......once desync so what could it possibly be in which version did desyncs start? or become more common or is the bot version ?updated to a certain version causing desync just some queries wonder if any stats are provided for number of desyncs per a version or average ?
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
The bot will not cause any desyncs at all. And it also hasn't got updated in the last months. The bot only detects these desyncs, puts the players into two "gamestate groups" and kicks the smaller group afterwards (mostly only one player).

Desyncs will happen, when one (or more) players lost sync to all others. This can have multiple sources of error. It could be a packet error during transmission. It could be an error on the players WC3, a cheating attempt or it can be a bug in the map.
If it's a bug in the map it's really hard to find and we have to know what exactly causes the desync. I've also observed some players having desyncs in many consecutive games.

I don't have any numbers for desyncs per version, sorry. But just to give some numbers of the past few weeks:
In 2079 ranked games 26 desyncs occured. So we have desyncs there in about 1,25% of the games.
In 7850 qualify games 262 desyncs occured. About 3,34% of the games.

Desynced Players in ranked games:
Code:
AbroTheCrab
ajax21
BACCARAT
bobbins
bobochobo
ISAR_11
JAC
JamieAC
JamieAC
JamieAC
JamieAC
JK_Livingstone
King_Dale
Meesor
Meesor
Phoenix_Rebirth
Prive
Russ_Meyer
Russ_Meyer
shootme
skytomb
watch_food_inc
wongfehong
Wupti.
xsiva
xsiva

4 times out of 26 desyncs it has been "JamieAC" for example. Coincidence? Would be nice to know more about it.

Statistics for a longer period of time (last year, ranked):
19295 games, 217 desyncs - about 1,12%

And before that (nov 2010 till feb 2011, ranked):
7116 games, 54 desyncs - about 0,76%

This COULD be an indication for an increased rate of desyncs with newer maps.
Thx velocity2k. Really appreciate it!

I finally got gproxy installed so hopefully, no more disconnects.
Sadly gproxy won't prevend disconnects due to desync. But you sould be protected against "normal" disconnectsWink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 3,231 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  Btanks discord channel and Clan BT warrior_cobra 0 2,612 2017-04-12, 17:09:52
  Can't join Ranked Games... DaFR34K 5 4,706 2015-10-21, 23:18:11
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 6,594 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI
  League: Please cap max penalty at 7 RAF_Fenix 5 5,851 2014-12-15, 05:19:04