Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starcraft 2 - Custom maps
AGGInator Wrote:hey.. some are very goodSmile
Retribution TD since it works again.

Tell me moreBig Grin
Marine Arena ist quite funny and Nexus Wars US, too. But these aren't very complex maps.
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
There are a lot of nice looking funmaps announced on sc2mapster.com but many of them are only playable on US servers.

@Dr. Popitz aka Martin: auf der nächsten Netze ziehe ich dich ab. :twisted:
Du irritierst mich nicht, du widerst mich an!
StendekX Wrote:There are a lot of nice looking funmaps announced on sc2mapster.com but many of them are only playable on US servers.
quite sad, that US, EU and Asisa are not sharing the same maps. Dont get it... they are all uploaded from the authors to blizzard.
There is also a Battle Tanks clone called Tanks War, unfortunately not on EU gateway which is probably a good map in 3rd person style and quite different.

Otherwise I sometimes try out the new AoS maps wich keeps popping up sometimes. But I don't find the maps entertaining as all is extremely fast paced, every single of them as the sc2 players seems to to only the fastest maps as they are the only one which is popular.

Not played a map yet which laster over an hour, with the rushy attitude of sc2 gamers, the sc2 Battle Tanks will not become popular if it develops as slow as it does in wc3 as impatient gamers hate maps which lasts long it seems, less patient the wc3 gamers that are willing to wait more then 5 seconds.
Talking about impatience: That annoying 30 second timer for custom games sucks balls. :lol:

But on a serious note: All current good custom maps can take quite some time, if the teams are balanced. Marine Arena for example. I had a game that took over an hour.

StendekX Wrote:@Dr. Popitz aka Martin: auf der nächsten Netze ziehe ich dich ab. :twisted:

Du alter Stalker. Nicht mal hier hat man seine Ruhe.Confusedhock:
Dr.Popitz Wrote:Talking about impatience: That annoying 30 second timer for custom games sucks balls. :lol:

The best thing about that countdown: even as host you cant abort it - it's only possible to change team/race/handicap which is kinda useless at most custom mapsTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Not only can't you abort it, you also can't just leave the lobby if it started. You have to log out auf SC2 to leave. And if someone does so, the countdown still continues and the map will start.

The whole custam maps system is totally screwed right now.
Dr.Popitz Wrote:Not only can't you abort it, you also can't just leave the lobby if it started. You have to log out auf SC2 to leave. And if someone does so, the countdown still continues and the map will start.

So true!
Dr.Popitz Wrote:Not only can't you abort it, you also can't just leave the lobby if it started. You have to log out auf SC2 to leave. And if someone does so, the countdown still continues and the map will start.

This was by the way known in the beta. Blizzard had send a Newsletter the last weeks, in which stands, that they will work on it. I think, they will change this fucking system in the next patches.

Strange patch-system, blizzard have...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retirement of Callex Space Maps WC3 (so boring so boring) TKF 4 14,975 2013-04-20, 22:23:10
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Starcraft 2 Beta xplodingtinkftw 6 5,420 2010-02-19, 12:01:41
Last Post: Allure
  Starcraft 2 Phoenix Fire? Gammagulp 5 3,492 2009-06-15, 22:23:36
Last Post: Dr.Popitz
  why is blizzard anti-hacking custom games now? qweqqweq 9 6,467 2009-05-07, 06:29:39
Last Post: bobbob247
  Horselance's Maps horselance 15 9,409 2008-10-08, 23:15:45
Last Post: horselance