Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Energy Slicer
[Image: theenergyslicer.jpg]

A new tank, which destroys the energy of the enemy tanks.

I think the thank needs to be expensiv.

The Abilitys:

Tank Canone: The standart spell.
Glevehook: Fires a gleve towards the target. Deals small damage to each enemy in his way. On impact it deals a high amount of damage. Then pulls the tank to
the caster. When the tank is hooked, he cant run away. But can move in the direction of the slicer. The target loses for each second hooked some
mana. For each mp lost the tank takes x damage. The spell ends when the enemy has 0 mana. Or after x seconds

Energy Overload: Fires an energy bolt towards an enemy tank. You need for this spell your full mana. When the bolt hits the tank, the energy flows into the it.
When the bolt has more mana as the tank missed the tank will damaged by x * the mana which is more than he can take. Sets the mana of the
Unit to the mana which has the bolt. WHen the damage, which the tank recieved through the bolt is higher then y it can't cast for x seconds.
Example: Slicer have 100/100 mana the target has 60/120 mana. The bolt has than 100 mana and the caster 0/100. Then it hits the enemy.
The enemy can absorb 60 of the 100 mana. He can't absorb the other 40 and they will deal 40 * x damage. Is 40x higher then y the tank can't
cast for some seconds. At the end the caster has 0/100 mana and the enemy has 120/120.

Emergency Generator: ( Passiv, Aura ) When the mana of an allied tank near the slicer reach less than x% of the maximum mana, the unit gains a great
regeneration, which ends when the mana y% reached.

Energy Slice: Releases a great gleve, which flies away of the slicer. It moves in a spiral shaped way. around the caster. Every time it hits an unit, it deals
damage and pushs the unit away.

Synergy: Energy Slice + Glevehook + Energy Overload == Push away, push him back to you, and makes, that he can't cast a spell.
Glevehook + Energy Overload == Very long hooking time
Energy Overload + Emergency Generator == Casting, without losing the ability to cast something else like a teleport.

I hope you like my idea.

cedi
You cannot have the ultimate Anti-get-away spell.
It has no disadvantages... maybe make it an ultimate but not have them all at once.
Too powerfull
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
The spells, are only an idea. I can change them, but I thought you can use the spells good as a combination.
One spell at once doesn't deal much damage, but with a bit skill, you can use them together and deal a very heigt amount of damage. I think there isn't a tank like mine. The most have only one nuke an AoE spell and one who makes, that he survives longer. But no one of them needs a real skill.

Wekness:
Glevehook: Cast a spell and you haven't much mana. And we can make, that the caster can't move.
Energy Overload: You loses your full mana, you can't use it when the enemy tank has low mana. So it isn't a chasing spell.
Emergency Generator: Works only good with very low mana.
Energy Slice: When you use it, enemies can teleport away.

Tank wekness: He hasn't a surviving ability. So he needs an hull. And he needs much mana. So it isn't a good Idea to buy items witch needs to many mana.

cedi
The Ghost tank already has quite an effective mana destroying ability.
But the way I read it - none of the spells actually destory the enemies mana - in the case of overload it all comes back to the targeted tank (and then some), and the generator actually helps allies while the slicer doesn't damage mana at all.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
It's be a fun tank to use, take a lot of effort but...it would have to be very expensive like 16-20k at least with those abilities.
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
Without making an entirely new topic yet, how about...

UPGRADEABLE TANKS?!
EG. Buy Infernal. 18k. Save 15/18/26k (or whatever) and go to a place, such as artiellery factory where the upgrade is purchased like a new tank. Your tank will either be a new model or same model, or same model + bigger / colour change. Simple way of allowing stronger tanks without adding to the filesize of the game. It would be pretty sweet to see a giant glaive machine... or giant infernal..

This is unlike the MG mod upgrade system if thats what it sounds like. It could just be like weapon upgrade.. Adds more of a rpg element to BT on top of levels and skill levels.

What about upgradeable skills? for gold? Instead of using xp, be able to upgrade or research (as a time delayed upgrade) tank skills. Could be tricky to get it right though.

I feel like the weapon upgrades thing is a good part of the BT theme and tank upgrades adds to the game without making it *more* complex (good thing).

goodnight
๏̮๏
HAHA. I liked the upgrade idea. Upgrade Light tank for 3k and it gets 2500 extra hp and some slight changes in abilies for example.
Or Infernal gets an extra 5k hp and 20 speed and slight changes in abilities for 8000 gold.
Could be nice. But dont know how it effects the gameplay...
Trolololo
Well i see it as allowing weaker tanks to be used much longer into the game, instead of wasting slots for hulls (and be effective).

Currently the closest to this kind of upgrade is between light tank and heavy tank, they are very similar. If i want old hull, i just get heavy tank. Light and heavy tank are still pretty unique, light tank + gold hull can drop hull and use healing skill for full heal..

Message to exo: please test... perhaps test version..
๏̮๏
hm, upgrading tanks would maybe a good idea, BUT..

i think it is too much work to replicate every tank at least 3 times and make a waek/mid/heavy version of it, otherwise the tanks arent 100% balanced and for example the sky ship is used very often in midgame... if this tank would be available in start and lategame too i think very much ppl would only use this one tank -> battle tanks would be "battle airships" -> thats not wanted.

with the current "tanksystem" you're forced to play different tanks while the game and imho this is one of the good things in btanks, if you look to Ddta, there you have one hero and cant really switch it (imho?! ^^)

-> i think exo will deny this idea.
No Support via PM!!
I didnt mean changing 1 tank to another. I meant some hp upgrade and ability upgrade. And only 1 upgrade for each tank.
As example: light tank upgrades for 2500 and gets 1500 hp and for example, rocket gets +25% damage and +50% stun, Healing doubles, ultimate gets +20% damage etc..
Of course start tanks will get more expensive upgrades, or their upgrade will be too useless. And late game tanks will get less expensive upgrades..
Could add new things to game..
Trolololo
Yea what horselance said, and i didnt mean give ever tank this same setup, only some. Sky fort should definitely not be downgraded, imo it will mainly allow people to play a tank for longer. I wouldnt make it too cheap and if theres more than a single tank upgrade, make it more expensive than the previous (value wise).

It would have to be expensive so that people dont always upgrade (they wont lose gold as when they change tank) and still be good or unique enough to be wanted.

Minimum level req + armour req to get upgrade

Helicopter: 8500g
+ speed (should match sky tank max speed)
+ 7000hp
+ 5 armour
+ Mana
+ Mini-rocket skill made more powerful, higher range and more mana cost
+ Napalm Bombs more powerful, more mana cost
+ Bombardment, increase aoe size, damage and mana cost
+ Im a heli-lover. Favourite tank. Not good 'value' but can be effective when used well..
+ Energy slicer thread has been taken over

If exo likes it then maybe you could try it out on a single tank and release for testing.. It would be easier than creating a whole new tank

EDIT: You mappers could try it on older versions to test...Big Grin I really want to see this but cant map..
๏̮๏
I agree with upgrad idea tank but only for a few specific tanks because they gives a really particular gameplay:

Tiers 1 tank gets to "tiers 2" tanks level
- Antigrav
- Shredder
- Tinker
Theses 3 tanks has a specific gameplay that would be interesting to keep

Tiers 2 tank gets to "tier 3" tanks level

- Ghost tank
- Gardian
At tiers 3 there are no support tanks and these one deserve it

Tiers 3 to tiers 4

- Frost tank
It would make it more interesting.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
if you only allow few tanks to upgrade, these tanks would be used by nearly all players i think, so all upgradeable or no one.

but if it would be only one upgrade for each tank, i think +50% to all stats would be nice then, the idea could be nice.... but no idea how much work it is and if exo want it in the map?!
No Support via PM!!
Uhhh. we're getting a bit off-topic here. If you want to discuss upgrading tanks that should be done in a new thread. Keep this one about cedi's energy slicer tank please.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Mod could split the topic since the past few posts are only about the upgrade idea and it sure beats creating a new topic and posting quotes of the posts.

If i do create one then ill edit this to say so.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up energy torpedo projectile gozo1985 2 2,760 2012-02-08, 14:19:30
Last Post: gozo1985