Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for next patch (8.80)
Here are some changes I would like to see.

Iron and Steel Hull's images are too similar. It is hard to tell which the opponent has without clicking on it and looking. I think the colours should be changed.
I think there are other items in the game with a similar problem.

When I click on the Market sometimes it sells tanks, other times it sells items like bombs, factories, etc. It seems that it is dependent upon where you click.
I think something needs to be changed here. This also seems to occur with the Vehicle Factory.

A good improvement to the game would be to share the gold from building kills between the whole team. At least it will deter people from sacrificing their whole team for personal greed. I think most players will agree that this would make a good change.

Some other notes:

"Screwed up performance rating"
The funny thing about the performance stat.
I just had a game where i got 50/9 and an ally got 54/34.
I beat him on just about every other stat; e.g. support, assists, and so forth, yet he still gets more performance than me. (???)
Should be kills minus deaths. Not just straight up kills. It's like the amount of times the player feeds is not included into the performance stat.

You shouldn't be able to kick Tinker/Exploder because he kills himself.
I like to play.
(2014-02-05, 22:57:28)psycodiver Wrote: Here are some changes I would like to see.

Iron and Steel Hull's images are too similar. It is hard to tell which the opponent has without clicking on it and looking. I think the colours should be changed.
I think there are other items in the game with a similar problem.
Custom icons are always troublesome for mac users

Quote:When I click on the Market sometimes it sells tanks, other times it sells items like bombs, factories, etc. It seems that it is dependent upon where you click.
I think something needs to be changed here. This also seems to occur with the Vehicle Factory.

That is because of the trader which can there other stuff. Personally i would prefer seperated shops instead of multiple pages - i think i would also be less confusing haven to buildings next to each other..

Quote:A good improvement to the game would be to share the gold from building kills between the whole team. At least it will deter people from sacrificing their whole team for personal greed. I think most players will agree that this would make a good change.

Hmm, interesting idea - i would miss watching all those greedy guys running for towers, some even prioritize towers over factories Huh
But well, tower will run away if you not gonna destroy them asap.. Rolleyes
I would like to see this gold shared.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
AFAIK performance is determined by

gold earned / gold earned by all * 1000

something like that - anyway, it doesn't seem to have to do anything with killsWink

But yeah, the performance rating is problematic, because you can't really measure some playstyles. BooMaN is an extreme example for this, he mostly (or always?) plays guard and earns low money and has only average or bad stats, still he does a really great job to assist his team. That way he only earns small amount of points on win and loses a large amount on loss, which means he always gets the better players by the bot.

Unfortunately I don't really have an idea how to "fix" this except for basing elo point distribution solely on your current points, e.g. people with lower elo win more and lose less, and people with higher elo win less and lose more. I know it's already computed that way, but the difference would be to not use the performance numbers. Otherwise you would have to add some additional performance numbers like amount of hp healed over game, times you have been close to someone of your team with low hp (e.g. damage sharing etc, though this would affect lane players negatively), how often did you try conquering and got the timer down to at least 3 seconds / count the total amount of seconds you got enemy cps down. Something like that, and I would imagine it to be a total pita to build that into the map, so I won't say anything more nowBig Grin

Cheers
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Share tower gold with 40% for the destroyer and 15% for each teammates would be indeed lovely. That would favour less selfish way of playing, and make Tez Sick happy because he can't stand selfishness.Big Grin
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patch 1.25 out: Problem Althend 4 3,556 2011-03-09, 12:49:04
Last Post: Velocity2k
  Battle Tanks 8.61d - Patch 1.24 Exodus 20 10,260 2009-08-06, 10:24:31
Last Post: turbojonny
  Suggestions for Bomb / Awards DOGG1 2 1,790 2008-05-22, 18:55:27
Last Post: RedNova
  some improvement suggestions DerSatan 15 6,235 2007-11-10, 13:55:10
Last Post: Bob666
  Air Tanks has very superior mobility - Suggestions TKF 15 8,106 2007-07-07, 23:53:31
Last Post: Vomitus