Poll: Will you join a btank tournament if there is one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am definitely gonna play, and I'm sure I can easily make/find a team for it
33.33%
7 33.33%
I might play, provided I can get a team and everything else ready
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't want to play, but I'd like to know who is the winner and check the replays
19.05%
4 19.05%
Not interested at all (please reply with your reasons)
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about making a btank tournament?
I had the idea for a btank tournament for a long time. Now I post this message to see if we can get enough players/supports to make a real tournament.

Why would I suggest a tournament?
(1) I love this game.
(2) I've played many pub/priv games, but most games are just for fun, i.e. the players don't REALLY care about the results. I would like to see what will happen if all 10 good bt players doing it seriously.
(3) I believe clan BuG in Northend is the best bt clan: it has many top class players and the best bt team. I am curious if any other clan can beat BuG in a formal game.

When?
Asap if everything is ready,
but at least have to wait for the next btank map as well as the new league system published and running stable for a while. (Probably the 8.68 will be the official map for the tournament if possible.)
And I hope the tournament can happen before the blizzard release SC2, otherwise people will get less interests on WC3.

Prize?
I know many people would like see a tournament. It is just too hard to orgnaize one. So,
Personally I would like to donate some money for the tournament as winner prize.
Let's say:
the 1st team will receive 50EUR/player
the 2nd team 30EUR each
the 3rd team 10EUR each
I'd like to donate money because since I started btank in 1.5 years ago I spent more than average 8 hours every week on it. It is worth to contribute on the thing that you spend such a lot time on.
On the other hand, I am not rich and I also have to work for living. So this amount is the best I can do. Don't except you can win as much as in WCG. But if we can find other co-sponsors, the number might go higher.

Some detailed plans:
(1) Each team can have 5-7 players. The 2 extra players give the team more grouping strategy. They are also as backup players if some other players are busy or suffering disconnection.
(2) The tournament system will be full double-elimination, i.e. a team is kicked out after 2 loses. This system reduces the risk of unfair sudden death, and also keeps the tournament not too long. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elim...tournament
(3) The default game server will be clan BuG's bot on Northend. I didn't check with all BuG admins, but at least Essi agrees to use the bot for this purpose. The server may not be so friendly for US and PVPGN players, but unless both teams agree to use another server the BuG's bot will be always the default host.
(4) Most games will be arranged at weekend's nights. (EU +1 time). Unless both teams agree to run it at other time.
(5) The results/replays of the tournament will be published somewhere, at least on this forum.

That's all I have in mind now. Let's keep this discussion open while collecting teams that want to join the tournament. If we can get 8 or 16 teams, it is enough to officially start the tournament.

So, please:
(1) vote for the poll
(2) if you already have a team for sure for the tournament, give a reply below with the players IDs. That will be counted as an entry. I will check it later in 2-3 weeks to decide whether to push it or close it.
(3) if you have other great ideas, join the discussion and share it.
(4) if you are interested, tell the other people who might be interested as well.

Thanks for all kinds of participation.

Messages In This Thread
How about making a btank tournament? - by olivercamel - 2010-03-02, 14:56:09

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,630 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  btank developers (thank you ) 091846 0 1,949 2011-03-25, 16:29:41
Last Post: 091846
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 8,344 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  what update you guys want as btank players 091846 11 7,920 2010-11-01, 12:35:33
Last Post: 091846
  league tournament qweqqweq 3 2,451 2008-07-25, 21:15:01
Last Post: italyrools