Poll: Will you join a btank tournament if there is one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am definitely gonna play, and I'm sure I can easily make/find a team for it
33.33%
7 33.33%
I might play, provided I can get a team and everything else ready
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't want to play, but I'd like to know who is the winner and check the replays
19.05%
4 19.05%
Not interested at all (please reply with your reasons)
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about making a btank tournament?
Paladon Wrote:i'm not convinced that a real money prize is something to mix up with a "fun" map after all.

All kinds of games and sports are in fact for fun at the beginning. When you start a new game, you feel fun to learn new stuff. But after some time you become a pro, and then you will feel boring to beat the noobs - that's too easy. So people would like to play vs pros for more challenge, or go to other games.

So for all most popular games, like SC1, WC3, and dota, you will see the professional leagues. That's is the way to attract good players keep training themselves, and become better and better in the game. This is the same in sports, like football, basketball, etc.

My REAL point is: btanks should also have a way to attract good players, by making a tournament for top teams to prove themselves. If you just want fun for self you can join the league bot with random players. But if you want to go higher, you can find a team, train it with mates and win the btanks tournament.

The little winner prize is NOT trying to combine commercial with fun, but it is trying to help for the tournament going well. If we can make such a tournament easily without money, I'd ofc like that. But the fact is, without the support in commercial, it is harder to make the tournament. That's why you see all the professional sports leagues, as well as the games in WCG, are supported by funds from companies.

And after all, the tournament (if happens) will be just 1 time thing. So it won't change the way how you have fun with the btanks as before. In fact I am afraid this may be the only chance to make a tournament. Because after SC2 comes out, many people will leave WC3. At least won't spend as much time on btank as like now.

Honestly, I am a little pissed off because I didn't know I have to convince people, even the mapper, like this. If I knew it would happen, maybe I'd reconsider before making the tournament suggest.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How about making a btank tournament? - by olivercamel - 2010-03-06, 16:54:53

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,630 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  btank developers (thank you ) 091846 0 1,949 2011-03-25, 16:29:41
Last Post: 091846
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 8,344 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  what update you guys want as btank players 091846 11 7,920 2010-11-01, 12:35:33
Last Post: 091846
  league tournament qweqqweq 3 2,453 2008-07-25, 21:15:01
Last Post: italyrools