Poll: Will you join a btank tournament if there is one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am definitely gonna play, and I'm sure I can easily make/find a team for it
33.33%
7 33.33%
I might play, provided I can get a team and everything else ready
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't want to play, but I'd like to know who is the winner and check the replays
19.05%
4 19.05%
Not interested at all (please reply with your reasons)
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about making a btank tournament?
HausAmStyx Wrote:who pays it? must every player who wants to play pay for the tournament? or do you want to pay it just with donations?
i think u should first try to organize a prizless tournament, and if it succeed you can try one with prizes.
but anyways i'll try too join ^^

To make myself pretty clear:
1. The coming btank tournament will be absolutely free for all players who want to join. There will be no entry fee or whatsoever.
2. I, btank id olivercamel, will pay for the winner prizes, with no extra conditions at all attached to the btank community, e.g. no advertisments etc.

The reason I'd do the donation for btanks is purely because I like this game, and want to contribute a little to make the game more popular.

However, the discussion we had so far, has not agreed by the mappers yet. So it could be that the coming btank tournament is prizeless. But on this point, I agree with Prog.

To Exodus, have you ever thought about why the last btank tournament was not so successful? and why the team didn't show up? My explanation is that the tournament is not so attractive to them. To make the tournament more attractive, in my opinion we can improve in 3 aspects this time:

(1) Better organization, e.g. all the games should be well arranged and the teams should be informed a lot in advance before the time that the game is started. So that there is no way the players can forget the game.
(2) Win honors, i.e. the tournament info and the winner teams will be announced officially in btanks webpage, and probably kept forever. So the players can have their name remembered.
(3) Win prizes. I do appreciate players like HausAmStyx, who would join wether with prize or not. But you cannot deny for many people, if with possibilities to win some money, they will feel that is more attractive.

If we really start the tournament, I'd like to do (3) and some work in (1). I can also help to do (2) for making texts, but the btanks web admins have to do the major job for publishing.

I think this will be the last time to explain myself, and I feel I have already said enough about my motivation. But if the btank high level managers still disagree the idea, I am totally fine with it. In that case, i will just close this discussion and wait for the organized tournament. Btw I'd also like to join it with or without prizes.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How about making a btank tournament? - by olivercamel - 2010-03-08, 13:07:37

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,630 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  btank developers (thank you ) 091846 0 1,949 2011-03-25, 16:29:41
Last Post: 091846
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 8,344 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  what update you guys want as btank players 091846 11 7,920 2010-11-01, 12:35:33
Last Post: 091846
  league tournament qweqqweq 3 2,453 2008-07-25, 21:15:01
Last Post: italyrools