Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players
olivercamel Wrote:On the contrary, I even think it is needed to enlarge the correction factor to make a pointer differ more within the team.

Totally agree with this part. Loosing a game where you had no chance what so ever is never fun and trying to play it out well even thou your team has already given up should be somewhat rewarded. Probably more then it is now.

This is when considering this:

Prog Wrote:It is obviously no easy task to decide the amount of influence of player stats, as playing selfish (stealing etc) should not be abuseable. I think with the amount we currently have people playing selfish lose enough additional games in comparison to people who don't to make abusing the statfactors not worth the effort. Nevertheless I might be wrong on this, tho I don't know anyone who is better ranked than he should because of playing selfishly.

But even with a more aggressive curve I dont see anyone really abusing this and I can't say I've seen anyone really trying to "steal" kills to get a better rating. It gets contraproductive if you do it too much since your team will be loosing out in terms of income. Usually better to let your team get the kills if you're ahead already to ensure a win.

I'm still considering if an assist system that rewards players helping out on kills might be good.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold

Messages In This Thread
Re: ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players - by Equiem - 2010-08-10, 13:24:57

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please respect china players! (Galbatorix MrTown[UC]) guangzhou265 19 17,428 2015-03-29, 19:03:58
Last Post: Wapiti.
  Elo System ichwillrotsein 3 4,331 2014-07-27, 07:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  deep hack players and discrimation guangzhou265 0 1,753 2014-04-26, 18:47:00
Last Post: guangzhou265
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 8,473 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  kick system Terror-Sheep 6 5,045 2012-03-09, 17:37:48
Last Post: dirtyterror