Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players
Quote:Give a bad player 20k and he'll invest it in something suboptimal and then not use it in the best possible way. Give a good player 10k and he'll probably turn the game.
I agree completely on this point.

Quote:A great player wont feed, a good player might but you'll probably not see him at the top of the charts then. The thing about a carry, it really does work that way in btanks aswell. I'm starting to think this is the whole point that you're missing. You need to be that "carry hero" in order to win, you just can't be the defensive/supporting player and you should be rewarded for contributing the most.

The creep money is finite, everyone cannot be a carry hero. If someone constantly flies over your head to farm where you are heading they preclude your ability to farm.

I haven't missed the point about the idea of carry hero, certainly allowing money to go to a good and responsible player will be beneficial because they won't die due to foolishness and cost a the team the win. I often allow a known ally to take creep and tower money when I find I'm doing well enough. Others might try to cut their allies throats to get the creep and tower money.

My point is that farming is easy to do whether you're a good hero or not. Having expensive weapons tends to increase probability of a last hit, thus awarding you the credit for the kill. Perhaps that's what I'm really at odds with: Last hit gets credit.

The ELO correction factor has it's merits, but it's not perfect. The farmer or offensive player is rewarded in this system.

If kill credit or even just the kill income was divided amongst all players that assisted in the kill (within the last 5 seconds let's say) it would fundamentally change the way we view skill in light of postive kill:death ratio.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players - by GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2010-08-13, 06:04:43

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please respect china players! (Galbatorix MrTown[UC]) guangzhou265 19 17,428 2015-03-29, 19:03:58
Last Post: Wapiti.
  Elo System ichwillrotsein 3 4,331 2014-07-27, 07:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  deep hack players and discrimation guangzhou265 0 1,753 2014-04-26, 18:47:00
Last Post: guangzhou265
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 8,473 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  kick system Terror-Sheep 6 5,045 2012-03-09, 17:37:48
Last Post: dirtyterror