Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players
Quote:Well, when you get to a certain level you need to get most of the farm in order to ensure a win.

No. This is only true if your allies won't make the right choice with the money.

Let's say you are in a Tournament and your allies are all pro Shamen.

If you have a Titan and your ally has a Demon tank and needs more money to get a top teir tank like a Titan, is the 25k best spent on a supercell for the Titan, or is the team better off with another Titan?

I think the answer should be obvious...two Titans are far better than one Titan with an extra supercell.

A well-rounded team IS better than a team with only 1 carry hero. If the carry hero is hunted and killed, the rest of the team falls apart.

-------------------------------

I do see your point, if you are with a bunch of douche bags and the only person you can trust is yourself, then I guess you're better off farming the shit outta creeps and all buildings still standing so you carry the team to victory. And why wouldn't you if it results in a great rating? If you did this in a clan game you would be a unpopular if you did this to your clanmates. (Unless they consent to this, and I'm not saying you do this. This is just hypothetical.)

The problem with this mentality is that when you farm your allies into the poor house it's hard not to misjudge their skill or potential.

I know people who do this, and only say they have much to learn with regards to teamwork.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players - by GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2010-08-13, 06:22:19

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please respect china players! (Galbatorix MrTown[UC]) guangzhou265 19 17,428 2015-03-29, 19:03:58
Last Post: Wapiti.
  Elo System ichwillrotsein 3 4,331 2014-07-27, 07:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  deep hack players and discrimation guangzhou265 0 1,753 2014-04-26, 18:47:00
Last Post: guangzhou265
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 8,473 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  kick system Terror-Sheep 6 5,045 2012-03-09, 17:37:48
Last Post: dirtyterror