Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players
Quote:The problem I usually see is when people are behind they make terrible choices like getting that one extra weapon they dont need and fall behind in health or tank tier then falling even further behind. So again, it all comes down to that it doesnt really matter what or how you do it, its still they who play.

I see your point...the case is you can't trust unknown allies in league, so if you want a rating you must go alpha-dog all the way. In a league game you are probably right most of the time...unless you know your allies. The people I play with tend to get to know me quickly as I communicate plans often, especially in the late game.

My experience is different for one main reason:

I regularly play with my friends and clanmates in a league game, they'll all come with me, often having 6 or more of my clan members in the same game. Then we get shuffled. Since I know them all well, I know exactly what effect being outfarmed into the poorhouse has on not just good players but great players. When an outfarmed but great player finally gets some money they turn the game around.

Filling a league game with all your friends makes for a good game. (Unless you don't quite fill it and have 1 horrendous feeder paired with your top-rated shaman for the loss. -- Poor Ring- and Prohunter...) Not everyone is going to come out a winner though.

You see, not having money often means not having armor, speedpack or weapons to keep you from dying. The great players who get their throats cut by a greedy ally tend to get the speedpack and armor to ensure they don't feed, but lose their ability to farm effectively or last hit. The result: the same amount of deaths as the other allies, but hardly any hero kills, creep or building kills. This player may be the one to turn the game around right after they get the money for the tank they needed...but they sure won't be given credit in points or stats...not in league.

Not allowing your allies that need the money some of the farm is a greater liability, if they know what they are doing.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Messages In This Thread
Re: ELO System % Correction Factor proliferates selfish players - by GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2010-08-13, 23:07:36

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please respect china players! (Galbatorix MrTown[UC]) guangzhou265 19 17,428 2015-03-29, 19:03:58
Last Post: Wapiti.
  Elo System ichwillrotsein 3 4,331 2014-07-27, 07:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  deep hack players and discrimation guangzhou265 0 1,753 2014-04-26, 18:47:00
Last Post: guangzhou265
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 8,473 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  kick system Terror-Sheep 6 5,045 2012-03-09, 17:37:48
Last Post: dirtyterror