Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible
(2011-06-11, 00:29:11)daCe Wrote: these are the typical claims. invis is not overpowered. if you know how to play it.
have you ever read what I wrote? This should not be a howl against players buy the invisibility.
I also noticed that just when this would change things that were invisible almost useless. towers should detect invisibility. I think that would be a good option

(2011-06-10, 23:59:30)griffin1987 Wrote: Or use scout tower.Wink

thats it baby,i will buy a scout after playing 50min,only for the guy with invis. OMG
you're the joke ingame, now you come here with useless comments ty

I'll just ignore your insults, but know that I've been playing btanks for 4 years now and yes, I may have bad games, but still you shouldn't judge someone from his stats in only one game - you shouldnt judge someone's bt skills by stats ever in fact, as some ppl tend to play more supportive for example.

Either way, regarding the topic, you made a suggestion, and I suggested something different. Doesn't that make it a completely valid discussion?Wink

And about Invis being overpowered: There's a lot in the game that is overpowered, if you don't counter it.

For example a hunter is totally overpowered, if he plays it right. But still you can always more or less easily counter a hunter with a porter and some good short range equip + stun. Goblin tank for example - and that one's even cheaper. Or just get an earth and activate defense before he drops his gravity.

Mines are an other example. But if you get defuse-pack it's all over.

Medivac ulti is overpowered. But you can use skills to kill him still, and medivac itself doesn't have that much hitpoints.

Sky fortress stun is overpowered, because its duration is rather long. Well, except for getting a better tank or having enough teamplay there's probably not that much you can do about itWink

-> And the same goes for smoke.

As long as there is something to counter it with less cost, it's totally okay. And there IS Radar and Detectors. Really, I've never had a problem to counter invis in any game, but it makes for some rather interesting games, as it adds another possible strategy.

Just like buying barricade / beacon with tech mech. Just like factory supported conquering (was the first to do that about 3 years ago and it's still rather effective in many situations). Or bomb conquering. Or... well, the list goes on and on, and that's exactly what makes btanks keep being interesting after 4 years and thousands of games.

It's just a little bit sorry that there aren't many clans anymore since starcraft came out - I'm still shaman at the clan which once was the largest btanks clan (BTNK + BT2k with nearly 200 members), and there's hardly anyone visiting. It's probably also due to most of the people playing bt today don't have manners and only know how to insult, stand around without playing, giving up, or kicking someone due to his / her stats.

If you didn't intend to make this a discussion, but a one sided oppinion by you, then please think about writing your own blog about it without any comment function, instead of posting it in this forum. This forum is still there for open discussions to make the game even more enjoyable, and things like insults dont help there.

Cheers

Ah, could it be you got upset because of the sentence "Just because you can't play invis, it doesnt mean it's overpowered." ?

In that case rest assured - I didn't mean "you" like you as a person, but the general "you". I don't know about you, but my mothertongue isn't english, it's german, and there we have a word called "man", which is sorta like "everyone" and corresponds to the english "you" which doesn't address someone personally but the general comunity.

I hope I worded that rightWink

Cheers
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Messages In This Thread
Invisible - by daCe - 2011-06-10, 23:17:26
RE: Invisible - by griffin1987 - 2011-06-10, 23:59:30
RE: Invisible - by daCe - 2011-06-11, 00:29:11
RE: Invisible - by griffin1987 - 2011-06-11, 01:46:25
RE: Invisible - by daCe - 2011-06-11, 02:40:57
RE: Invisible - by griffin1987 - 2011-06-11, 21:00:50
RE: Invisible - by Exodus - 2011-06-11, 11:17:40
RE: Invisible - by griffin1987 - 2011-06-11, 23:26:01
RE: Invisible - by stibi- - 2011-06-12, 10:31:37
RE: Invisible - by gozo1985 - 2011-06-14, 20:46:00
RE: Invisible - by stibi- - 2011-06-15, 09:44:14