Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.41 Control Point Money Bug, Game Developers Please Read
This is the biggest issue ...I am posting this under bug reports because owning control points hurting a team is obviously a bug…

checkpoint/money system

Currently the team that has more checkpoints "gets more money." HOWEVER the team with more checkpoints still does not get as much as the other team does for plainly killing the creeps.

I know (but have not confirmed) that the checkpoints give more money as the time they have been conquered increases, but for the first 1-40 minutes you own the control point it WORKS AGAINST YOU.

A control when controlled gives the opposing team roughly 5 gold per second NET GAIN. This is from the fact that control points spawn 2 marines each worth roughly 25 gold every 20 seconds which is roughly 2.5 gold per second; also add in the fact that your team is not getting to kill those 2 creeps so that is MINUS 2.5 gold per second from your team and you have a net of 5 gold per second loss for controlling a control point. Given this bit of information, control points should outright give the team that controls them some benefit past this 5 gold/second.

My Suggestions

1) Control points should decrease the gold the opposing team gets for each creep kill by 10-20%. This percentage has not been checked for balance issues, but is a rough idea of how control points could work. With this in mind, if you control all the CP’s, the opposing team should get 50-80% less money per creep kill than you, making CP’s valueable and worth fighting for.

2) Control Points give a flat gold per second to the team that owns them. As said earlier, the opposing team gets 5 gold per second, so the owning team should maybe get like 7-10 gold per second. This is obviously not exact because the amount of money creeps are worth changes and so forth, but is a basic example of how this should work.

Either way, control points needs to be VALUABLE to the team that controls them so they are worth fighting for. I am not saying these ideas need to be used in conjunction with each other, but maybe 1 or the other…or even neither. Just change something please, control points are ridiculously lame.

[u] Side Note [u]

Control point capture time should be turned up if they are to be a turning point or important factor in this game.

Messages In This Thread
8.41 Control Point Money Bug, Game Developers Please Read - by Haxz - 2008-03-31, 03:29:55

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.76b] Control points + Archtitekt RaptorXI 6 6,059 2012-07-30, 05:32:21
Last Post: eduardoxd19
  me throws out at game start GAP 4 5,276 2012-03-26, 20:37:03
Last Post: GAP
  Check game Althend 1 2,908 2011-06-06, 20:41:37
Last Post: Tynkywinky
  Game Loading at Start phoenix_strike 2 2,963 2011-05-21, 12:03:24
Last Post: Velocity2k
  why i cant join any game? barbaras 6 6,329 2011-05-07, 09:33:30
Last Post: barbaras