Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q skill range : shredder and storm
(2012-10-21, 02:07:34)UnifiedDoom Wrote: I'm sorry, but saying something like this makes me think you don't play the game very much. Base speed on heli and airship is almost meaningless with their 3rd skill (and medivac with it's first). Storm tank is easily the slowest air tank in the game except for Sky Fortress.
don't worry, i'm not offended by any sort of critiscm. while it's true that i'm not playing bt online that much anymore, i'm more focusing on the development and testing the most current beta, since we're always in need of feedback. well, let's focus on their skills now.

yes it's true that given 'Jet Propulsion' is skilled (at least twice for heli, once for air ship) these air tanks are faster than the storm tank but the storm tank has 3 skills that might conter faster air tanks. 'Energy Leash' will draw a targeted air unit with around 300 range units per second towards the Storm Tank, 'Air Mines' at level 1 will reduce movement speed by 8% (equals to 24 MS based on 300 MS and up to 120 MS at level 5) and the ultimate, 'Eye of the Storm' reduces movement speed by 16% on level 1 on quite a huge area (even giving an equal movement speed bonus to alled units). this way the storm tank is able to hold an enemy unit quite a while using it's 'air cannon' (switchable between normal and air mode) or 'storm shock' (dealing twice the damage to air units) to deal massive damage.

while a heli and air ship might still outrun a storm tank with their speed, they won't be able to deal any solid damage either since the rocket and the elector shocker will force them to get close enough in range for the storm tank to conter. their other skills (besides their ultimates) won't do any noticable damage either.

it's a fact that you (normally) can't get the storm tank on start so you might even choose to use the time to obtain a speed item when finally changing to the storm tank or wait a bit further to change to the air ship.
so in the end it's up to you how you choose to conter enemy air tanks, considering the situation, the enemies items/weapons and gameplay.

btw, you're always welcome to state your opinions on the current beta regarding tanks and skills.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj

Messages In This Thread
Q skill range : shredder and storm - by ckibibi - 2012-10-20, 18:22:11
RE: Q skill range : shredder and storm - by Saiyuki - 2012-10-21, 17:44:28

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,534 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Storm Tank kingnounours 2 2,840 2012-05-01, 13:33:45
Last Post: kingnounours
  Range Weapons Grischa187 3 4,080 2012-01-04, 00:52:43
Last Post: Ch4oSxD
  Long Range (1300) weapons building attack gozo1985 7 6,207 2011-12-15, 00:41:36
Last Post: SKK1701J
  Change Tech Mech healing skill Tez.Sick 42 30,730 2011-10-04, 23:27:25
Last Post: griffin1987