Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT - Everything comes to an end ...
Great word exo, gl in the future. Hope u get some time behind SC2, and wanna do a btanks for thisSmile it wud b awesome! No, legendary!
Suit up!
First of all thank you for the good work in the last years. As it was mentioned before: You are a living legendWink
I really don`t want that everyone can make mods of BT - just give us the last version you will release and this should be enough.

thx for everything!
Northrend: Proud shaman of Clan BuG.
Azeroth: Proud shaman of Clan BTOW.

Don`t be afraid - be happy!
EssiXr3i Wrote:First of all thank you for the good work in the last years. As it was mentioned before: You are a living legendWink
I really don`t want that everyone can make mods of BT - just give us the last version you will release and this should be enough.

thx for everything!

I think it would be cool if exodus did a last version before he exit\ed the stage and named it something like: "battle tanks exodus". I think something special to commemorate all the years exodus held the baton would be cool i think. a secret message thanking the fans or something would be cool.

i'd like to continue coming out with new versions if no one else would. if anyone else wants to do it then feel free. i know i'm not very qualified but i'd hate to see the map just die. Sad

if i were making btanks maps this is what i would do first:

1. try to put in a 20 sec freeze time at start.
2. put in more tooltips for noobs about subtle but important things in the map but make it so u have to type "-notips" to dissable all of them.
3. try to re-work the ruin carving for scout
4. try to make the junkyard more easily accessible
5. try to get a custom load screen in it if it's good enough that people like it and don't mind the 5 seconds extra load time.

that's about it. i'd like to keep using the forums as well just like exodus does and give him final aproval if he wants, or bob, or whoever. i'd take as much help as i could get. i know i could do the tooltips thing, since that's one of the few things i did that worked really well in my own maps. other than that i could give it a shot. i'd just try not to fuck it up! Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Hello everyone. It was nice to stay to play the last few years Sad
Hi Guys.I spend with u all so much time in battle tanks and was nice to play with u all but after some years i have to say goodbye to all and wc3. goodbye all friends Sad
and Thx Exo for maps was nice to play them
Thank you for all the fun Exo ! This is the best map ever, it makes dota look boring :wink:

I wish you didn't have to go, your the only one who can beat dota into dust, but I guess it can't be helped.

Please, before you leave, could you release a 6vs6 version of the last map ?
... well good work, nice Person =)

wish you all Good for everything you do in the Future

greetz

SirJ
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
1. Great thanks for all the fun I had with the map!

2. Is there any way to register to take over doing the map in the future?
I've already done some things to a couple of maps (whenever i find a bug on a map i play a lot, i break it open and fix that bug) and some terraining in the past. Also I'm working as a developer with some years of experience in a whole lot of programming languages and have been playing btanks for more than 2 years now (as well as some modified versions over the time).

Just tell me what you think about it.

If i'd do it, i'd also be able to do some website related stuff (working at a web firm right now) and have a good friend of mine take care of the league (whereas i would probably refine the league system, as the way it is now, it's mostly noobs playing league)

My best regards,

griffin
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Thank you Exodus for the dedication you have shown to the map. We are obviously all sad and disappointed by the news, but of course we understand that you have a life too.

Goodluck with all your future endeavors,
Nostralias
I was so looking forward to play Battle Tanks 2 on Starcraft 2.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Paladon Wrote:TKF linked me to this thread.
He would have an answer quickly as possible.

He's very active at hive.
Out of interest, how much of the map have you actually hand coded in JASS?
Do you want to know how much stuff I added in JASS or how the relation between GUI and JASS is? I don't know the answer to the first one, but I guess about 90-95% of the triggers are written in JASS. I think BT consists of about 17,000 lines of code.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
holy shit 17000

thats

over

NINE THOUSAND

(i dont care if the meme is older than my mother)
๏̮๏
My friend turned me onto this thread.
I am glad several people have came forward and offered to work on the map. It is currently one of my favorites, and defiantly the one my group of friends plays most often.
I currently work on Civ Wars and Recruit War. Not to mention I'm starting school and work shortly, so my time will be limited. However I am wiling to offer some help to the game if I can be of assistance. I just don't have time to be the primary mapper.
I already have a spot in the SC2 Beta reserved, so I would be happy to begin working on SC2 version of BTanks when it comes out.
same Terrabull of civ war author right. I love that map tooBig Grin
Damn bad that we have lots of helper but no primary mapper candidate..
Trolololo
* Report this post

Re: BT - Everything comes to an end ...

Postby WaRRioR_MooooM on Thu 06 Aug 09, 17:58
Hello everyone. It was nice to stay to play the last few yearsSad

I crySad(((

Great job doneWink

Good way 4u Smile
Thanks Exodus, you did enough, you are right and excellent, hum beings always want to play and enjoy, I am a boy from China(Mainland), when I first join this game through asia.battle.net gateway, I really get in with your good talent map, we may send a mail to blizzard to hold your achievement, I think at least blizzard should store this map to their gloryDatabase/ gloryPalace for you and Battle Tanks Team, let the people remeber who brings happy and funny thing to us, last, best wishes for you and Battle Tanks Team, hope your every success in the future whatever make, think. Thank you, I will join the game now, gg.
Just wanted to say thanks to Exodus and the rest of the mappers for all the hard work making this map great. Its the reason WC3 is still installed for me.