Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for the trader
Giftfinger Wrote:don't know what you have - of cource the two other skill are for the trader more usefull - but with magic barrier you can save your allied. Don't forget you can use it on them too. And if they are in a constand fight it is rather powerfull to have some live more than the other tank, especially in the early game.
Fully agreed. I often do it myself.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Vomitus Wrote:Fully agreed. I often do it myself

i have to admit i dont use it often on my allys - because they are so often noobs -.-
but if i have a friend or a clan member in my team i would of couce use it on them, if i remember
Giftfinger Wrote:i have to admit i dont use it often on my allys - because they are so often noobs -.-
but if i have a friend or a clan member in my team i would of couce use it on them, if i remember
Noobs are such animals that are stonkered beyond any help.
But using it on an experienced allies has proven its effectiveness. Especially when an ally is relying on you and KNOWS that you WILL cast shield in the very crucial point.

<Offtopic>
I think we lack of a 'supporter' tank that would be useless solo and very useful in a teamwork. It also has to be able to fight and use weapons, the 'supporter' aspect must be granted by his abilities and spells. Trader is unable to use weapons. Guard has not enough of 'supporter' aspect. I suggest a new tank playing which implies huge teamwork. Solo playing makes this map boringSad
</Offtopic>
Lol at the fact of ur magic barrier... I can play 10 games of which i have 8-9 times on my team so i cant go trader... And it protects from magic damage, fireball cannon etc... wont help a thing... and how often do you see tornado or basics? I see fireball, fan or bombard or even plasma lot more often then those...

I just dont think it gives rather often any help/support...
I can agree with xXxPownedxXx that the shield skill offer rather low protection. For example it creates a little more magical damage protection than a tank rocket shot damage does, also it does have a -50 modifier which breaks with balancing. I think it should do at least 250 dmg reduction pr level. But not more than 300 pr level if this skill should be buffed.
just to remember most players are of the oponion the trader is still to strong ??
at least 30% of the games are notrader and in 20% of the game the trader gets kicked by the host or there is mass leave in the other team. the other 45% your noob allys (if they are pro, they kick you or leave themself because its boring) are not bad enough to loose the game with you and 5% are too stupid to hold the middle or even 1 side - so you loose.

are you mad to give the trader stronger skills?

i think him balanced, beside the fact that 1-2 small changes should be made like - increasing the goods cost of the trader factory?
xXxPownedxXx Wrote:Lol at the fact of ur magic barrier... I can play 10 games of which i have 8-9 times on my team so i cant go trader... And it protects from magic damage, fireball cannon etc... wont help a thing... and how often do you see tornado or basics? I see fireball, fan or bombard or even plasma lot more often then those...

I just dont think it gives rather often any help/support...
If you want to say that magic barrier does NOT defend you from "fireball cannon etc..." you are completely WRONG.
It defends against spell damage, not magic. And ALL of weapons in Battle Tanks are of spell damage. Even Tank Cannon.

@TKF:
dunno if its protection is really low but what bores me is that when you cast it while moving - you have to stop and there is no way to remove that delay while casting. If this delay could be removed(i.e. use another base skill that could be cast while walking - e.g. 'Windwalk' or so) I'd be glad.
I tried the shield couple of times... It's really worthless in combat... A trader is constantly trading and not fighting, so he often cant cast it and when he might pass allies, they mostly arent fighting...

To fix this u could lenthen it from 15 to 30 seconds? Then it would have some use, but for now, its useless...
xXxPownedxXx Wrote:I tried the shield couple of times... It's really worthless in combat... A trader is constantly trading and not fighting, so he often cant cast it and when he might pass allies, they mostly arent fighting...
When there is a huge opposition against trader one of your allies has to be near to guard trader. And when that guardian fights an opponent a trader can suddenly cast shield in the middle of fight. And that little amount of extra health almost always leads to unexpected result of this small fight.
I am talking of course about the beginning(0-20 min of the game). Later this skill becomes nearly totally useless, I agree.

xXxPownedxXx Wrote:To fix this u could lenthen it from 15 to 30 seconds? Then it would have some use, but for now, its useless...
I think it should increase duration and mana cost with level so at lvl 5 trader should be able to always be in protection shell(if he has enough mana).
How often is a trader near his allies fighting, and how often does a trader get protection, it's waste of ur allies time and if the enemy hunts, they waste time and ur allies push... Once again, all playing me trader have to beat my invis (skill) + speed, my speed and their loss of speed (skill + speedpack), my teleport from speed pack, and the fact i carry mostly troop command and orbital or either mines & orbital, the fact to hunt me would result in either fail, or their death... The shield is Useless, im so long busy trading, i hardly have an ally close, increasing duration would make it more useful since it remains longer and so it is still wearing on the ally WHEN they got into combat again (trader mostly passes under combat and avoids it). So increase duration with lvl, would make this skill effective...
I agree that the skill needs to be buffed at later levels, so that it gives a greater bonus rather than the standard +250/lvl

My suggestion:

Lvl 1: 200 (unchanged) 40sec
Lvl 2: 500 (+50) 36sec (-4)
Lvl 3 : 850 (+150) 32sec (-8)
Lvl 4: 1200 (+250) 28sec (-12)
Lvl 5: 1600 (+400) 24sec (-16)

The cooldown could also drop a bit as well for higher levels, say -4sec/level?

These changes would make it a worthwhile pick for a harrased trader, as opposed to the trade skill
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I think the rewards for killing a Trader should be increased, maybe doubled or more. The main problem (I think) is that hunting a trader is important, because it's such a strong support unit, but hunting the trader has as many drawbacks as it has gains. In the end, the trader will probably win, and if there's two traders on a team? It can really be chaotic if they know what they're doing. I also wouldn't mind seeing the trading items sell for a little less gold, maybe for a little more experience for the Trader?

I doubt I've played as much Battle Tanks as the rest of you, but I like the Trader, and I usually see him banned in the games I join. If it's because he's too strong, the sooner you weaken him, the better!
Rhyllis Wrote:I think the rewards for killing a Trader should be increased, maybe doubled or more. The main problem (I think) is that hunting a trader is important, because it's such a strong support unit, but hunting the trader has as many drawbacks as it has gains. In the end, the trader will probably win, and if there's two traders on a team? It can really be chaotic if they know what they're doing. I also wouldn't mind seeing the trading items sell for a little less gold, maybe for a little more experience for the Trader?

I doubt I've played as much Battle Tanks as the rest of you, but I like the Trader, and I usually see him banned in the games I join. If it's because he's too strong, the sooner you weaken him, the better!

This sounds good to me. I think the experience gain is about right though.

**edit** I suggest making the bounty of the trader go up for each trade good he has. Then hunting the trader and killing it at the best time would be a nice tactic.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove Trader from BTanks ? Lavias 2 2,033 2009-11-19, 14:12:05
Last Post: psycho_dmr
  is trader still over powered? qweqqweq 39 17,542 2009-06-17, 17:12:29
Last Post: Gammagulp
  Trader can still get bomb with trade items benben10 4 3,941 2009-02-05, 18:47:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Emphasize trader hunting! Taedrin 10 4,588 2008-05-02, 09:08:30
Last Post: Vomitus
  Camera-Suggestion steelix 4 2,874 2008-03-09, 18:03:11
Last Post: horselance