Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown with noise before game
so i dont know how many time there is 4 more slots till games starts and 5 min have passed waiting. so you figure you can go to the bathroom and drink water. only to comeback to you afk in game 2 minutes in. usually that means your slow start will cripple you thru out the game no mater how good you are. your team has better weapons and your enemys as well. meaning you get less creep and will need a good amount of kills to come back to equal standing. Not saying its impossible. just improbable. I suggest before the countdown that the countdown have a noise or during loading you hear one of the saying as if you got a triple kill or some noise people would recognize as oh crap the games is loading. this happens to alot of people at night when they tired and who knows. 10-30 min waits are common and even the best of us will seek something to do other then stare at the screen as 7 more players are needed.
Well, the Wc3Banlist plays a "Game started" sound, when the loading is finished ...
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
If you switch to windows while waiting in lobby, your mouse pointer jumps to the top left corner when the game starts. That's the way I'm doing it.
ssl Wrote:If you switch to windows while waiting in lobby, your mouse pointer jumps to the top left corner when the game starts. That's the way I'm doing it.

wtf??? ^^
doesn't count for me.. sry
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
BattleShips and DOTA make the same sound.

Battle Tanks does not benchmark on popular things. It remains to have a fucked up color scheme that is unlike DOTA and battle ships.

You think they'll implement that fog horn sound? Not very fucking likely.

The whole problem is that not enough people play the game and we all know why -- you got rid of "noob mode" and every game needs noobs.

Seriously I remember GEN started playing this game because of HB... back when way more people played it. Now you stuck everyone with a mode where you can't even get a Supercell or Frost Lazer because it's unfeasible. Or for a lack of better words "UNFUN".
Stay on topic!
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
AGGInator Wrote:
ssl Wrote:If you switch to windows while waiting in lobby, your mouse pointer jumps to the top left corner when the game starts. That's the way I'm doing it.
wtf??? ^^
doesn't count for me.. sry
You just may not have noticed. Its not only BT but the warcraft engine itself. You can try it out yourself by [alt]-[tab]ing out of game when the countdown starts in lobby, then watch your mouse cursor. Game starts loading and after it finished (the moment it says "Press any key to continue") your mouse will jump to the top left corner of the screen.
why should i tab out while its loading?
or is it just to test it???

if u meant it i have to say that i already test it some times.

in fact it doesn't work @my engine.

some games where i know that they will start in few moments i tabed out and the cursor didnt move anytime - several times. :wink:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Just for testing of course, normally you would want to tab out of game when it is empty so you can use the waiting time surfing btanks.net forumsWink
im using gamecapturex ,so when i see text i go back to game
so i think i got a simple way to well give people warning. on this site not on the forum is a box that gives you how many people are in qualify and how many are in ranked games. why don't you have a checkable box that gives you a alarm when a ranked game or qualify has started. just make sure the checkable box are separate so there's 1 for for ranked and qualify .this way the makers don't need to change anything in the game. just add some script on the website and done. the website can make a nice noise or that fog horn to alert player that the game has started to load.
it give warning like music playing after it load , the problem is easy to solve , after the sound appear , tab back to wait for other ppl to load finish so ppl can start the game
you almost need to wait for a few mins because some ppl is lagging that it ,
tained Wrote:so i think i got a simple way to well give people warning. on this site not on the forum is a box that gives you how many people are in qualify and how many are in ranked games. why don't you have a checkable box that gives you a alarm when a ranked game or qualify has started. just make sure the checkable box are separate so there's 1 for for ranked and qualify .this way the makers don't need to change anything in the game. just add some script on the website and done. the website can make a nice noise or that fog horn to alert player that the game has started to load.

doneTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Alter Game Mechanic DarkRavenBest 0 2,284 2016-05-17, 13:35:56
Last Post: DarkRavenBest
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,598 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 11,386 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 12,505 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  add more information about game ? LoveComesAgain 0 2,061 2012-05-14, 10:57:32
Last Post: LoveComesAgain