Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
map versions!
omg, this has really been bugging me...

i think i dl'd battle tanks 8.48 4 times. and fido1 said he did too. i think the first time i dl 8.48 the zoom didn't work right, i could zoom in but not out. then i remembered fido1 typing in -zoom... and i told him, "i miss the zoom!" and he didn't respond. so then i thought wait a second... maybe this is actually a modified version from the one i origionally got from the websight but just with the same name so i typed -zoom 3500 in my next game and low and behold... it zoomed out!

so my question is this? am i crazy, or was there different versions of 8.48. and if the answer's yes, then CAN U PLEASE STOP DOING THAT????!!!! if that really did happen than i'm calling shinanigans on that whole practice. i don't want to have to worry about something being tweaked or changed, unless it's a new version. i also don't like to dl a map that i already have from some one on bnet cause then i start to wonder if he hacked it!
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
There's a program to partially change the map scripting without the WE, thus totally ignores map protection.
so are u saying u think that i was playing a hacked version? or are u saying that the creators used this other program to modify the map that everyone dl from the websight? or u don't know?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
There are 2 versions of 8.48, the only difference is the new filename format. Nothing else has been changed.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
so u didn't have a bug in the zoom that u fixed then? i am crazy? are u sure? lol
Multiple file names usually results from other people dl'ing a single file multiple times. So in the windows format it will have [1] or [1][1] etc... added to it. It doesn't show up on warcraft since the display filters it out. If you use the last one listed in WCIII then it should be the first one that you dl'd. I usually end up with 3~4 versions of the same map due to other hosts errors.