Poll: 1. Should Assists be used in ELO scoring? 2. Should enough Assists prevent kick?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. No 2. No
8.82%
3 8.82%
1. No 2. Yes
2.94%
1 2.94%
1. Yes 2. Yes
70.59%
24 70.59%
1. Yes 2. No
17.65%
6 17.65%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Add Kill Assists into ELO score and Kick System?
Okay, suppose your are a decent and unselfish player who does not kill steal or make last hits but always helps make the team victorious in battle with many kill assists?

1. Should kill assists be factored into the points awarded to your ELO?

I think a good hero will have lots of assists and should get ELO points for them as well. This will help properly balance games as there are many under-rated team players out there.

----------------------

Also there is alot of talk about Kill:Death ratios, and I believe this is the current scheme for the ability to kick players. The problem is we often have a player who appears to be a noob to because they have a K:D of 0-5, yet they have 9 Assists! I believe the appropriate formula for the ability to kick should be K+A:D. (Kills + Assists : Deaths). This should reflect the true reality of a players performance, not the players unselfishness.

2. Do you agree Kill Assists should be factored into the a players ability to be kicked?

I think this should help prevent decent players from being kicked. There will be less whining about kill stealing as well as having someone steal your kill should never make you look bad in stats or score. It used to be your allies would recognize you as 'honorable' but now it can be tracked.
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
2 yes
I think assists do correlate to the overall quality of a player, and as such they have their place in the elo calculations - but if you have a feeder that just happens to be there when fights happen, or provokes bad fights, he shouldn't be able to be "saved by the bell" like that. So my 2¢: Yes, No.
x2 Yes

I got kicked out of a game with over TRIPPLE the assists of my entire team. Defending CP's first and being the honorable sacrificial lamb first in the line of fire is a great way to be kicked...

Assists still unfortunately seem to mean nothing in the eyes of a "pro" and it is time it got changed.
Since number of kills has no influence over kick vote, I see no longer reason why we should let kill assists also count against kick count.
Idiot long range player with no hp, always have assist. I am against.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2011-05-07, 16:50:53)Althend Wrote: Idiot long range player with no hp, always have assist. I am against.

It could also go the other way around so the "idiot long range player" ks'ed all kills and that the "über pro player" would get the assists:)
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
(2011-05-07, 19:06:26)Tynkywinky Wrote:
(2011-05-07, 16:50:53)Althend Wrote: Idiot long range player with no hp, always have assist. I am against.

It could also go the other way around so the "idiot long range player" ks'ed all kills and that the "über pro player" would get the assists:)

You just need one bombard to touch enemy one time to get an assist. So the guys can absically feed 0/20 and having 80 in assist since all his weapon nearly reach everybody all the time.

And as Tkf said, since kills do not influence the kick, assist should notSmile
i already wrote somewhere, that u only should get the assist point, when u also GET damaged from the enemy tank (not only damaged it). It maybe would increase teamplaying (dmg sharing/splitt).

If this point would be incorporated, i would also say 2x "yes".
But atm it sucks, cause of this noobish longrange selfish ego player style.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
HI all :)
I totally agree with add assist to ELO and kick system, it will improve player’s team work so my answer is yes, yes, and yes :) and if I’m heavy tank i can stun someone and my teammate get the kill so i don’t have to get damaged to get assist(answering LIooIL. thx all hope you all best wishes.
Thanks for all your replies. You know it's funny I accidentally voted No/No and can't change my vote.

I totally agree with you all, Assists should be strongly factored into ELO and included in summary stats.

Being killed frequently because you're the only person defending should not make you eligible for being kicked, that is why I suggest having sufficient assist points should prevent this. This way you can't kick a team player.

(2011-05-23, 00:09:34)GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote: You know it's funny I accidentally voted No/No and can't change my vote.

You should have a link called "Undo vote":

(2011-05-07, 19:44:29)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: i already wrote somewhere, that u only should get the assist point, when u also GET damaged from the enemy tank (not only damaged it). It maybe would increase teamplaying (dmg sharing/splitt).

+1

Seriously, any idiot with bombard can have a lot of assist.

At least give assist point only if people cover.

Making assist afecting the kick will make saboter even less kickable than they already are...
(2011-05-23, 13:37:47)Althend Wrote:
(2011-05-07, 19:44:29)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: i already wrote somewhere, that u only should get the assist point, when u also GET damaged from the enemy tank (not only damaged it). It maybe would increase teamplaying (dmg sharing/splitt).

+1

Making assist afecting the kick will make saboter even less kickable than they already are...

So you are forced to take damage before getting an assist?Tongue
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
(2011-05-23, 13:26:53)Velocity2k Wrote:
(2011-05-23, 00:09:34)GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote: You know it's funny I accidentally voted No/No and can't change my vote.

You should have a link called "Undo vote":

I can't find the Undo vote link...

(2011-05-23, 15:24:53)Tynkywinky Wrote:
(2011-05-23, 13:37:47)Althend Wrote:

+1

So you are forced to take damage before getting an assist?Tongue

Would be much better yeah.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elo System ichwillrotsein 3 3,634 2014-07-27, 07:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Please allow sorting according to ELO score RAF_Fenix 1 1,709 2014-04-01, 07:25:45
Last Post: stibi-
  Please change or cancel bot auto-kick RAF_Fenix 6 5,262 2014-03-18, 03:12:59
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 7,398 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  Admin: Please remove bot auto-kick RAF_Fenix 2 3,285 2013-11-23, 18:18:52
Last Post: RAF_Today_Hero