Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like the advanced breaker
46.67%
7 46.67%
I like the portal
20.00%
3 20.00%
I dont like any of them
20.00%
3 20.00%
It needs some improvement
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Item: Advance breaker and portal
Advance breaker

Contrary to telebraker, the advance breaker also is an offensive item that prevent people from teleport away from his range. It would make them teleport on it an get stun. So it would stun people whot ry to teleport on it and stun people who try to teleport from it
Price: 500
Duration: 3 min.
Invisible.
Destroyable by creep.
Range: 1400

Portal

This item creates a small portal that appears for 20 sec. This idea is invincible and makes allied players able to telport on its area with the natural 75 gold telport.
Particularity: When any player teleport (item) in his range or to his range, he gets teleport away in a random 3500 range location. (it would create some fun situation)

Cost: 300 gold
Duration: 20 sec
Visible
Invincible

What do you think of them?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Portal would be pretty cheap with a team. Keep in mind that the aura from the power plant lasts a little while after you are away. This means that you can
1) Have a heal for a short duration
2) Set up a network of these things so that your team can global TP anywhere
3) Backdoor like crazy (CPs, base, etc.).

I had thought about suggesting this item, but it would have to be epically expensive.
i love these ideas.

however, in effect the advanced breaker is covering a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch wider area and is sooooooooooooooo much more powerful then a regular breaker. it's sort of a one stop shop that could help guarantee a victory in a lot of situations. and it would be a special counter against tanks that can jump or speed in then teleport away, thus nerfing them considerable, as well as to exploder with its retarded reconstruct and tp away ability (which i still hate and i think it's overpowered anyways and i wouldn't actually care about). i can hear the crys of "imba" now.

i humbly suggest that such an item would need to cost at least 1,500 gold in my opinion for just 3 minutes. if you also wanted to make another breaker which only works as they try to tp away from the area maybe that should be at least 1,000 gold for 3 minutes. maybe they should cost more gold though if ever used.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
About backdooring: i think it should be very possible in BT and never completely removed, so bd is a 'legitimate' strategy. Its up to the opponents to keep a good watch on the enemy and what their intentions are... I assume placing a breaker or portal has short cast range which means they have to at least physically move to the dackdoor location, and if they have a teleporter, then you should account for extra 3500. If they have two kinds of teleport, then they are a tinker or exploder which are good for team backdooring, but backdooring requires very good timing to pull off, so in conclusion its a legitimate strategy.

:D
๏̮๏
Dont forget that factory cost only 2500 and last always. Portal must be cheaper and last only 20 sec. It also recquire 75 gold from each players.
It not only useful to backdoor but also to retreat to cp or base when someone attack.
The thing is, a factory can be killed. I don't want to have to bring my team back to babysit a random spot on the map for 20 seconds. Definitely not if they have an exploder on the other team.

Backdooring generally involves bringing one player back who can beat the enemy in a 1v1. However, you can leave two good defenders, have one person teleport and put down a portal, followed by two others teleporting. Suddenly you have 3 players attacking with two on defense when you thought there was only one attacking.
since i last responded i can't understand the nest 3 posts. i don't undrstand what the fuck anyone's saying here. can anyone else explain it to me? i've been feading it for 10 minutes and i think i understand soem of this but definately not all of it.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
bobbob247 Wrote:The thing is, a factory can be killed. I don't want to have to bring my team back to babysit a random spot on the map for 20 seconds. Definitely not if they have an exploder on the other team.

Backdooring generally involves bringing one player back who can beat the enemy in a 1v1. However, you can leave two good defenders, have one person teleport and put down a portal, followed by two others teleporting. Suddenly you have 3 players attacking with two on defense when you thought there was only one attacking.

You still have to do the same when they each cp or attack your base. What is the point with exploder? Making the exploder come to the portal would probably involve teamkill. Maybe makes the portal destroyable by force :p
Concerning the remaining effect of heal. I don't think it is uber.
The heal is still an extra edge. I was thinking that exploder clears the area, followed by the team all teleporting in.

If the portal was destroyable by the force, I'd be happier. However, since portal is a team item, it might be gamebreaking if one team lacks teamwork completely (to either use the portal or to fight against it.)

Now that I think about it, I think I found the correct way to deal with it. Mines.
advanced breaker item for noob vs noob. Not useful vs pro.
If the 'weak' breakers are made that have no stun or damage, and they stack, it would give rise to a hilarious situation...

You place one like normal, then place another one just within range of the first so when they hit the first breaker, theyll be shot to the second and so forth...
Make them jump backwards to their base or mines or whatever hahahaa :lol: or whatever crazy setup you want, like a circle

On a more serious note this would work with limits:

• Cooldown VS duration (= certain number active at one moment, not including allie's breakers)
• Implement a single use property, after one successful trap, the breaker dies (this hilarious idea will be expensive, and only done as a joke for fun)
• Very short duration, enemy will have to be fools to fall in AND you have to quickly plot your 'path'

• Single charge/effect/use breaker would be very good for a breaker pack, without changing how the breaker works, reducing confusion.
๏̮๏
kastorka Wrote:advanced breaker item for noob vs noob. Not useful vs pro.

Nice joke.
I particularly like the portal. To balance it out, it can be made vulnerable, or it could have a three-second placing time and a three-second vulnerable time, like a bomb. I just really want to get a portal to set one up while someone's taking a CP so we can retake it very quickly if for some reason someone just got CP capability. Life would scale with armor, of course, as should price, I think. This item doesn't gain or lose effectiveness with time, so both should scale.
Up :p

If the tp breaker breaks the teleporting FROM and TO the position would be a great teleport breaker. The current breaker only works when you teleport near the breaker and does only affect offensive use of teleporter usage.

I sometimes wanted an item that prevented enemies from escaping from combat when they teleport retreat. As a seperate new item or add it to the current breaker item. The price should be AT LEAST 450 if that feature should be added.
An other idea:

Same as Portal but it stays much longer, and you can't settle it in the bases. The difference is you need two of them and then the portals have the ability link, so you can create a connecten between two. Now all tanks which drives over it will be portet. After a tank gets portet he have a buff and can't use porter vor x seconds.

That means: you can settle a teleporter near a cp, and one near the enemy base. Can be very useful, but you have to know that the enemies can capture the cp very fast because of the porter...

cedi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,444 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,483 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Teleport breaker Max 1 2,415 2013-03-12, 13:06:53
Last Post: Helge_F.
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,011 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX
  New Item Wupti 10 9,080 2012-09-03, 01:26:23