Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell activating with keyboard.
In the last versions (before 8.64) I started to see that if I use spell by using keyboard (that means clicking a key. For excample using hail of bombs with key "r") it sometimes just dont fire the spell on the first time. I use keyboard commands often and in a fight I see that after I clicked the spell, it just didn't fire.
After that I asked from some other guys from game the same question like have they seen this thing also before? Some said yes and some said no. Also if I played with a guy he said like "omg why didn't the spell activate?".

I do not have any proof of it and I am not so sure about myself so I would really like to know:
1) Have anyone seen this thing him/herself?
2) If this problem to exist, is it a bug?

I really would like to know is it my own fault (meybe misclicking?), or not.
did you check if the spell was ready for use? and/or did you notice lags in the games, when this happened?
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Yes, the spells where completely recharged and there where no lag at all. I really do not know how these things happen and I am completely sure I have not misclicked on my keyboard.
If your keyboard is powered by batteries, the energy may be low sometimes.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
No. My keyboard is powered thought the computer. The electricity is not the problem here.
Then it's the question which abilities did not work.

and checking if there is no casting time to the spell...
one could have activated it, then moved, thus canceling the spell...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
it could also be that you were stunned. many ppl miss what spells are hitting them and stunning them. this is espcially true when people are attacking a CP and lots of tanks are involved. some spells will automatically wait until you are not stunned to activate so you dont have to click again, but i think some spell do not work like this.
I think I may have had this problem before with the Goblin Tank, my skills were ready but I couldn't use them... But I don't exactly remember the circumstances - so I guess that doesn't really help, eh?
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
i've got that problem too sometimes... i've tried to fire a missile/blizzer/thunderbolt and hit q/w but nothing happens... no message "skill isnt ready", skill wasnt casted into nirvana (as blizzer sometimes does) and my kill is goneSad

i think there is a really short time-gap between skill is ready and you can cast it again... often i wait until the countdown is done and then cast it again - but nothing happens (even no msg) - but not sure, its really hard to proof that.
No Support via PM!!
Same thing here with hail of bombs.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I can just guess, but may it be a problem with a keyboard and not with the abilities?
However, even if it would be a problem of the abilities, we could not fix it since we have, except of the choice of hotkeys, no influence on it.
Oh, and always check whether you are stunned.

most time it is just ppl press the key too late :lol:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fort q spell dalyarak1 1 2,293 2012-06-06, 23:05:12
Last Post: eSVau
  [8.60] Useing tele and missile spell. Doomhammer112 9 4,919 2009-06-17, 20:00:02
Last Post: horselance
  [8.35]AI spell off LuckyD0g 2 2,009 2008-03-28, 13:30:13
Last Post: LuckyD0g