Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W3MMD and Battletanks
Helloy,

I'm Tappe from Clan EAT. We develop the Civilization Wars map.
Terrabull added a support of W3MMD standard to the newest beta version of the map and it works just great.
With this system you can basically track any stats like herokills,deaths,creepkills,towerkills,games won,games lost,leaved...

http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=3340.0

I can help with Ghost++ side. But I have no idea how the map side really works.

P.S. To see this system at work join any civilization wars games hosted by EAT-BetaHost and write !stats, if you have played games with it before it will tell you how many games won and lost. When I get my Ghost++ league project done I will create a website that will show all the stats that are gathered (farms build, income, gold gained, letters wrote, wonders build).

Tappe
Wow, thanks guys. Thanks for all the help offered by the CivWar team. I didn't know you guys were interested that much in BT ;) Well, I'm sure our new mappers will make great use of your help and also implement this into BT at some point. It also seems like a more intuitve and fail-safe way to establish a league for the map, since our current one is ... well, there's room for improvements.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
It's very good system to create a automatic league.

Bot host the game -> Record stats -> Publish stats.

Only problem is that every game needs to be hosted by the Ghost++ bot and all the Ghost++ bots needs to share the DB to have common stats.
I will create a php analyzer for this W3MMD system. Which can be used to analyze the games that weren't hosted with the Ghost++ bots.
Another point is that the games have to be hosted by trusted GHosts, because every GHost++ could manipulate the data before writing to the DB.
I could think of a second database for the btanks stats. So the GHosts will all have their own DB and can also connect to a league DB if they host league games.
That sounds quite great. However, i hope velo won't mind if i leave this case mainly in his handsWink
I can still deal with code implementations etc.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
I will have a closer look at it, but not in the next few weeks because of lack of time.
But we can still collect some ideas about the implementationWink.
Velocity2k Wrote:Another point is that the games have to be hosted by trusted GHosts, because every GHost++ could manipulate the data before writing to the DB.
I could think of a second database for the btanks stats. So the GHosts will all have their own DB and can also connect to a league DB if they host league games.
Well there's 2 ways to do this:
1. Everyone get their unique botID this is a new feature of Ghost++ that was added because I requested it. Basicly when Ghost++ is sending mysql data, it will send it's botid to mysql DB.
This way you can always check who's bot sent and what it sent. With this method you could basically allow anyone to run the Ghost++ bot. Of course this also need some MySQL User configuration (access).

2. Make a list of trusted hosts and only allow those to host league games. <- This is the method we are using. I'm hosting and maintaining all EAT-* bots and only those can add games to the DB.
This works damn well if you got enough money/knowledge to get a own dedicated server.
I know the botids but putting the "security" in a given botid is not a good idea in my opinion. The owner of a bot could do some brute force and change the botid until he can submit accepted data (of course he would need to know the DB IP/port/user/pass).

Already thought about a list of trusted hosts. I also have some servers and i'm running some bots. I think this would be the best method.
I was wondering can you guys give me a time frame in witch you guys think to implement these stats. Not to push you guys but I would like to create a statistics website based on this. I more or less like to know when I should be ready with my website.
I'm not able to start working on it during the next month because this will be work and i don't have enough time atm.

But in the meantime we can try to define most of it. If you've got suggestions just post them here.

At the moment i think using a second database would be the best solution for this because i want to avoid changin the GHost++ database.
Well I assume that Ghost++ uses some sort of EAV model to store its data so you don't need to worry about how its saved to the database. I do eventually but it all depends on witch stats you guys are going to track.

*edit*
I took a look at the ghost++ database and they use some form of an EAV model. So you don't have to worry how Ghost++ is going to save the stats.
You should just think what kind of stats to track.

like:
-Mouse clicks?
-Mouse clicks average?
-Creep kills?
-Kills?
-Death?
-Kills VS who?
-Death VS who?
-Time game elapsed?
One small note, never track averages. Every stat that can be calculated using other stats is not worth tracking, even if the calculations are heavy. If absolutely necessary the display application can cache those statistics but you shouldn't save them by default.
Any news?

Is there any news on for example what stats will be tracked?
No, there aren't any news atm. Think we'll know more in 3-4 weeksWink.
I wrote a PM here at btanks.net at Terrabull some weeks ago.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:I wrote a PM here at btanks.net at Terrabull some weeks ago.

I will ask him to reply.
I'm actually thinking of setting up a BTanks hosting bot (multi-realm) as well. Or do you guys think you have enough host bots already?

I'd have the following settings:
Autohosting max of 30 games, autostarting in a Full House.
Server's located in Dallas
Battle Tanks No DL - #521 (No-DL so then it helps save bandwidth, since that's always fun to deal with >_> <_<)

Tappe - if you could assist me with the W3MMD since I have little to no C++ experience, that would be great (once/if it's implemented into BTanks).

~VJain

*PS* Suggestions are always nice as well.

EDIT: Forgot the modes, my bad. 5k HB
VJain Wrote:I'm actually thinking of setting up a BTanks hosting bot (multi-realm) as well. Or do you guys think you have enough host bots already?

I'd have the following settings:
Autohosting max of 30 games, autostarting in a Full House.
Server's located in Dallas
Battle Tanks No DL - #521 (No-DL so then it helps save bandwidth, since that's always fun to deal with >_> <_<)

Tappe - if you could assist me with the W3MMD since I have little to no C++ experience, that would be great (once/if it's implemented into BTanks).

~VJain

*PS* Suggestions are always nice as well.

EDIT: Forgot the modes, my bad. 5k HB

Sure.
I sent a demo map to Paladon today.