Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special ability
You should add special ability to item. Example: Frost item attack have 5-10% to freeze an enemie for 1-3 sec or
a poison item where it have 30% to deal 200 dommage in 5 sec. Sry for my bad english!
Language: French
Excuse: Sry for my bad english o.0
Let me try to put this into a better perspective( and better English ) :

The way I see it, you want to be able to add special abilities to weapons. That's quite hard and would take a serious amount of time, but does sound interesting.
It could be worth it although I doubt anyone would be interested in doing it.

It would be an easier task to just make items that have these abilities, maybe in the future we'll see something similar.
It is indeed quite hard to add further effects to the weapons since they work, as far as i know, with the "Phoenix Fire" spell.
And still, it is possible by the creation of a system detecting these weapons while shooting as well as their target.

It would either detect the damage and call a conditional check for the weapon afterwards (easier method) or it simply detects the direct weapon attacking by the id of the "PF" ability on the item which would be much harder but maybe better than a general Detection System running all the time in the background.

But i am not really convinced that these effects would be a good addition to the game.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
There's no way of detecting that the damage came from an item, so no you cannot add any kinds of buffs on a phönix fire based item.
Well, it's possible by the usage of the buff added by phoenix fire. The buff would be instantly removed by the system so it wouldn't bug somehow.

But, as i said:
I am not really convinced that these effects would be a good addition to the game.

Paladon Wrote:I am not really convinced that these effects would be a good addition to the game.

What do you think will happen if such effects are added.

You are the new programmer for Battle Tanks, can you tell us what new additions/changes you will try to implement in the future ? Maybe in another thread, but I think many of us are interested in what's going to happen now that Exodus and Bob666 have retired.
Yeah, of courseWink

But i will wait until Exodus finished the 8.63 version and i took a quick look over the map.

[..]
I think that these effects match hardly the game's balance. Imagine a weapon with a 0.2 second stun. Get the wepaon five times and you nearly got a perma stun, no matter the (regular) cooldown. And even if not, think of a secondary allied player in the near. Even effects like slowing, armour decresement and such would need much balance, especially since it would overthrow the whole gameplay. Players without these effect-weapons would surely get problems. All in all, these weapons should only cause effects without further damage. And at this part, we got the buyable items (net, orbital command, etc).

I am still open for arguments holding against my statement hereWink It's just my intuitive opinion.

make the spam of numbers optional by command
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Immediately.

TKF Wrote:no you cannot add any kinds of buffs on a phönix fire based item.

Not? Why shouldnt it be possible to add buffs to the ability of an item?
Im sure this must work
and as Paladon said it would be possible then to check this easiely with a damage detection and buff check - same way of ading scripted effectss to autocast abilities

and in my opinion some effects could be cool, not talking about Permastun or insane slow but this would offer a bunch of new possibilitys

e.g. Boucing missile, Splash, small Knockback, Mana Drain/Destruction, any other debuffs, ... or an item which hits enemys and allys (damage/heal) - or whatever

and e.g. for the stun you could may add a item limitation that one Hero cannot carry more than one of such a "unique" item
would make alse sense with other buffs due stacking would be imbalanced

Not all of them could match but i think some innovations can bring new aspects into gameplay
If there will be such special weapons, then these weapons can be implemented on tanks replacing standart Tank Cannon. So ppl cannot stack 5x 0.2 stun but only 1 main special weapon.
This will add a new characteristic to tanks also..
Trolololo
Well, i'll think about this matter quite soon again. If you have further suggestions concerning this topic, feel free to post.

By the way, welcome Jonnny!

Concerning stun, I'm thinking you can buy more stuns but the effect just won't stack, I think that's reasonable, and for balance the cooldown can be raised.
The same can happen for all effects and the fact that they occupy a slot means less firepower in the beginning and mid game.

Also, JonNny gave me an interesting idea for a heal gun, a gun that hits allies and heals them. I'm thinking it will be used especially for defense, in towers but with a little teamplay it can be used for offensive strategies by at least 2 players. Also this could balance the addition of the stun and other destructive effects. The medivac tanks could also benefit by using these in combination with their own skills.
Tell me if you like this, I'll make a pool later if it sounds like a good addition.
I am strongly against stun. Slow is ok, brunign damage or poison too. Vampiric damage are also nice and maybe stealing mana with low probability also.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Kesarion Wrote:Concerning stun, I'm thinking you can buy more stuns but the effect just won't stack, I think that's reasonable, and for balance the cooldown can be raised.

Stun that does not stack?

Instead it would be pretty easy with a damage detection to add chances (which would also enable critical strikes or misses e.g. items which give evasion for this spell damage) or "cooldowns" (like thet unit cannot be stunned twice within 4 seconds or whatever)

btw ;D Hi Paladon + Rest
We want to avoid that people flame each other for having luck / no luck :/

Paladon Wrote:We want to avoid that people flame each other for having luck / no luck :/

There is no way to avoid that. : /

Concourning the abilities: In my point of view it is really hard to balance such weapons except maybe splash dmg alike ones. Stun, slow, knockback, drain, etc would be nearly impossible to balance, I'd rather leave weapons as they are.
Agree im not not going to say there is no luck in btanks sometimes there is outrageuos luck like a torpedo hitting u twice through 10 units but luck only takes you so far there are always going to be comments such as "luck" when it comes down to it the skillful player always seems to have more "luck" i think its skill 9/10
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
sandking Wrote:You should add special ability to item. Example: Frost item attack have 5-10% to freeze an enemie for 1-3 sec or
a poison item where it have 30% to deal 200 dommage in 5 sec. Sry for my bad english!

i didn't read the rest of the responses to this since i've recently started up a few businesses and am pressed for time. but i just want to caution that adding a bashlike effect is extremely hard to balance. so it probably couldn't be done for such a cheap weapon as the frost tank. if u want to see how i did it please check out my map, kill the mofo! (preferably the final version i uploaded to this forums) it's not protected so u can see the code. that map is sort of brilliant and stupid. the bugs in it were overwealming is all i know for sure. Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ability 'guides' weapon shots | raider's charge ability mynth 14 11,368 2012-11-15, 03:21:16
Last Post: Wupti
Question Suggestion about CPTP ability archer-war 8 8,397 2012-03-26, 12:10:01
Last Post: ssl
  Battle Tower Sell Ability RikonVan 4 4,654 2011-11-12, 07:13:39
Last Post: Althend
  New Special Weapons Suggestions TKF 8 5,286 2011-02-14, 15:57:11
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  New special item suggestion 091846 6 4,719 2010-11-19, 19:28:25
Last Post: Saiyuki