Something i've noticed
eh?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

๏̮๏
I can also say:

pro: 95% don't like hb
noob: 70% like hb...

^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Did u know that 35% of all numbers are fake? :lol:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Hey Dr.McNinja! What does that graph say about High Bounty?

Dr.McNinja: It's OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!11 :x

WHAT!? NINE THOUSAND? :o Confusedhock:
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
You all know its true.

I'd also like to think that HB is most played because its most liked because its most fun. Pro's can play in organised games and league.

And my graph doesnt actually have real numbers, obviously a reference to something that is over nine thousand. I think a lot of 'pros' like HB. How many 'pros' use this foram? It doesnt really matter except that everyone seems to be whinging HB and its always the same thing over and over again. Real helpful.

The way i see it is: HB being the most fun mode (because its the most popular) should be supported by people instead of being hated. Theres a lot of balance issues but that hasnt stopped it being the most played, so why not make the mode better? Its fun, lets make it more fun by fixing it. Not this "its meant to be imbalanced" bs. This is an insult to exo saying he deliberately created a mode to be imbalanced. He is not god, theres only so much he can control in designing a game.

If it was meant to be imbalanced then why would he bother balancing it such as HB trader? etc
๏̮๏
Dr.McNinja Wrote:You all know its true.

I'd also like to think that HB is most played because its most liked because its most fun. Pro's can play in organised games and league.

And my graph doesnt actually have real numbers, obviously a reference to something that is over nine thousand. I think a lot of 'pros' like HB. How many 'pros' use this foram? It doesnt really matter except that everyone seems to be whinging HB and its always the same thing over and over again. Real helpful.

The way i see it is: HB being the most fun mode (because its the most popular) should be supported by people instead of being hated. Theres a lot of balance issues but that hasnt stopped it being the most played, so why not make the mode better? Its fun, lets make it more fun by fixing it. Not this "its meant to be imbalanced" bs. This is an insult to exo saying he deliberately created a mode to be imbalanced. He is not god, theres only so much he can control in designing a game.

If it was meant to be imbalanced then why would he bother balancing it such as HB trader? etc

Balancing trader is more about a bug issue.

How many pro likes bt?
Good players are weel known and their opinion is against hb. If they liked it, most intern pro game would be hb...
The point is: should exo support players who rarely play btanks and don't know it well or support real btfan who does understand mecanics and enjoy it for his balance.
Insult to Exodus??
He told himself that btanks is mean to be balanced for normal and not hb.
If I have the choice, I would like more that Exo work on improvement and new stuff balanced for normal than make huge work to balance an hb mode.
Hb affects the whole mecanism and many work are just ignored by/due to it. (why would he waste time to do 1k-3k weapon/tanks if in hb finally players use them for 5 min...?)

Hb destroys the game and the mecanism of the play, that's why 95% players on azeroth sucks as hell...
Althend Wrote:
Dr.McNinja Wrote:that's why 95% players on azeroth sucks as hell...[/color]

So most public gamers are ignorant of the fact that HB is unbalanced. Doesn't mean Azeroth is a bad server. Don't automatically assume that everyone here is terrible, which you will think if you keep up that kind of attitude. HB is very similar to normal, and so we still have the exact same gameplay, tanks, and items as you do.

Don't forget that HB isn't the only reason games are unbalanced. It is also 5k starting gold. Basically any custom mode is unbalanced because it is different from how the game was meant to be played. The answer here is not to balance Hb, because that will not solve anything. People will still have larger starting gold and weaker creeps to work with. We have to get people to stop playing custom mode games, instead providing easier ways to play normal mode with more manageable rules (Such as no exploder and no trader).
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
Quote:So most public gamers are ignorant of the fact that HB is unbalanced. Doesn't mean Azeroth is a bad server. Don't automatically assume that everyone here is terrible, which you will think if you keep up that kind of attitude. HB is very similar to normal, and so we still have the exact same gameplay, tanks, and items as you do.

I speak from experience. Pub players from azeroth comparing to pub from north are really bad.
Now you cand deny it, each players has different experience but each time i play pub in azeroth, I do nearly perfect, no death without big focus... I believe many good players I know can do the same. Players in azeroth are worse because of the fact that they play more often hb than in northrend and that btanks has been spread on this server when hb was enabled. It is not about saying "blabalbla I am the best" but seeing and experimenting the fact that hb bring bad skills to players.

Hb similar to normal? Just that assumption is really bad.

Quote:Don't forget that HB isn't the only reason games are unbalanced. It is also 5k starting gold. Basically any custom mode is unbalanced because it is different from how the game was meant to be played. The answer here is not to balance Hb, because that will not solve anything. People will still have larger starting gold and weaker creeps to work with. We have to get people to stop playing custom mode games, instead providing easier ways to play normal mode with more manageable rules (Such as no exploder and no trader).

People don't try to balance other custom and don't claim it is same as normal...

In order to make people realise that normal is better, many suggested to change hb name to "noob mode" or "unbalanced hb mode"
I know that normal is balanced and that changes are always made considering the balance of normal first, BUT bt wont grow if hb is continued to be ignored and shunned. You make it sound like the only mode in BT is normal because its the only one thats balanced. The whole point of having modes and options is so people can choose what kind of game to play, instead of playing the single game thats created. Balancing for normal mode and 'making an imbalanced mode' are completely different things. You miss the point.

Sure the original idea for hb was simple, but its clearly at least as fun as normal. Theres always imbalance in multiplayer games, look at heroes of newerth being developed by a game studio, they still havent solved the imbalance problem any more than Exo the student from germany.

"..who rarely play btanks.."
Thats a really big assumption, saying that most people (who play hb) also play very rarely. You are forgetting there are MANY people who play BT on the side, but still play it often and arent complete noobs. These people just want to play the game. They dont particularly care about balance or helping develop the map, they just game. A large part of Battle.net is like that. The more serious people might visit the link on the loading page and end up posting here on the forum, thats fine but its no representation of the BT community or skill levels.
The most general fact is that HB mode is played most often. Everything else is just opionion, speculation and anecdotal references. Including most of what i've said.

"..Hb destroys the game and the mecanism of the play.."
What is 'the game'? HB has its own 'mechanism of play' and normal has its own as well. Different modes with different game play more or less. Quick! the most popular mode is destroying the game!

Ive seen people playing like normal get owned in hb and the opposite is true as well. As ive said many trillions of times, they are two seperate modes (more than any other) and should be developed equally. On top of this, HB mode seems to be the most liked and played mode so should have work done to fix up some balance issues. The balance issues look simple to fix so its not "huge work". The problem is huge but it continues to be huge because nothings being done to fix it and no one wants to fix it (on the forums, refer to graph).

TO FIX HB - Decrease hero bounty by a lot, possibly down to the same as normal - increase gold earned every second to a much higher number.

Feeder/overpowered problem is solved and everyone still gets more gold but at a much more even rate, so they can still buy tanks and weapons faster like in HB. This is what it all comes down to. All the other problems are minor. HB isnt even THAT imbalanced as to cause massive loss of FUN. Its still fun, more fun (in mine and bnets opion) that normal. Normal is more balanced and more suitable for competetive play, which is a small percentage of the greater bt community of players.

blurgh
๏̮๏
Quote:TO FIX HB
just remove -hb and everything is fixed
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Yea and in related news, bt games on bnet decreased by 9000%.
๏̮๏
Quote:TO FIX HB
the reason why hb is not balanced is that tanks are much better than creeps, so longrange becomes imba. it wont fix hb

and to the whole post: if the most played mode of a map is the unbalalnced mode of the map, makes that the map not bad? isnt it bad for the image of bt that the most played mode is unbalanced? i think bt loses its glory with hb! exodus cant be proud to be the mapper of an unbalanced game. yes, you can call bt unbalanced, with the reason of the existence of hb, because hb is played more often than normal mode
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Imbalanced or not, people play for fun and HB mode seems to be the most fun. Its not about glory, its about playing a fun game.

EDIT: much of the 'problems' and 'imbalances' in hb are more like features of that particular mode.

"the reason why hb is not balanced is that tanks are much better than creeps, so longrange becomes imba"
This is a minor reason. Fixing THAT wont do anything to the imbalance of the mode except maybe make people reconsider playing long range. Most people just deal with these little 'imbalances' but they cant deal with someone who has been ultra fed in 5 mins before they even see them.
๏̮๏
HB would be more skillbased, if only the tank bounties have been doubled and not creeps. You see scouts are really imba in hb mode cuz of the high creep bounties and they kill a lot of creeps.

Also games would be faster if the high bounty would only be applied to tanks, then it would be more skillbased than current hb. (This is already in my Battle Tanks Insane Mod and it does make the average bt games shorter. It's really impossible to get a game longer than 1 hour and 20 minutes in my mod. If you get a longer game, tell me cuz I've never got any long games with my bt mod)
I remember a 5k hb game i played about a month ago, i had a k:d of something like 37-8 and at the end of the game the other team said "if this was normal and not unbalanced hb we would own you" so we had a normal bt rematch. Well in the normal game i gone 25-0, and my team was around 62-12. So in the end how is hb unbalanced?

I just think most people that hate hb just can't win in hb, and F.Y.I we played against BTOW, and not some noob pubs.

Also for the people who say noone gets low weapons/tanks in hb, who has ever been able to get anything over 15k in a normal game befor the game ends??????????????
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:I remember a 5k hb game i played about a month ago, i had a k:d of something like 37-8 and at the end of the game the other team said "if this was normal and not unbalanced hb we would own you" so we had a normal bt rematch. Well in the normal game i gone 25-0, and my team was around 62-12. So in the end how is hb unbalanced?

I just think most people that hate hb just can't win in hb, and F.Y.I we played against BTOW, and not some noob pubs.

Also for the people who say noone gets low weapons/tanks in hb, who has ever been able to get anything over 15k in a normal game befor the game ends??????????????

Hahahah so lame talk ^__^
Eh :!: :?: :!: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :lol: :?:

Oh, Death,

Oh, Death, оh Death,
Theres no denying that they both play out fairly differently which requires you to PLAY DIFFERENTLY.

If BT was only normal mode, when will you be able to carry 4 or 5 darkness cannons at the same time (for fun)?

We should put TKF's mode into BT as a third mode called insane mode.

:D
๏̮๏
Dr.McNinja Wrote:Theres no denying that they both play out fairly differently which requires you to PLAY DIFFERENTLY.

If BT was only normal mode, when will you be able to carry 4 or 5 darkness cannons at the same time (for fun)?

We should put TKF's mode into BT as a third mode called insane mode.

:D

Good idea, i like it.

Big Grin

Oh, Death,

Oh, Death, оh Death,
Dr.McNinja Wrote:Not this "its meant to be imbalanced" bs.

I agree with this. If you make a mode, support it. Don't brag about how much it sucks and is "only for fun." We're supposed to be having fun, right?

I prefer low tank bounties because I *don't* think HB is fun. I like to play aggressively and take risks. Once I die a few times, I dial it back. But on HB mode, dying a "few" times means you already lost.

Dr.McNinja Wrote:TO FIX HB - Decrease hero bounty by a lot, possibly down to the same as normal

Very interesting definition! Seems like we agree.

TKF Wrote:HB would be more skillbased, if only the tank bounties have been doubled and not creeps. You see scouts are really imba in hb mode cuz of the high creep bounties and they kill a lot of creeps.

See, I didn't know this, and it EXPLAINS A LOT.