Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce Teleporter Range or increase costs.
Well. Maybe it was suggested often in the past, but it stays a big problem. An item which helps defending CP´s , taking over enemy CP´s, rescuing yourself over and over again (maybe from jumping in the enemy base with infernal and teleporting out) and killing low HP enemies who retreat or with 3man teleporting at one without Teleporter...

for 3000 Gold is imba. Sry to say that, but every pro knows that the one and only counter for a teleporter is a teleporter. The Teleportbreaker is nice, but costs money and is only useful when the enemy jumps in. It usally dont help when the enemy teleports away with 20%HP into a safe CP Zone.

When a tank is 500/600 worth rescuing yourself 6 times makes let the Teleporter give its gold back. Also the Teleporter is in a Speedpack an 100% Endgame Item which is not sold like a starting weapon for 50% money. It´s a complete investment in the whole BT Gameplay.

So afterall I suggest let the Teleporter only jump 2000 up to 2300 Range or let it cost 4000 till 4500.

Another idea could be to let its range being random. If possible a trigger rolls a die to let the range differ from 1500 to 3000 Range, so you dont know if you come close enough or whatever.

I dont care what disadvantage should happen, but pls just do something. [An Item which needs the same item to counter is called "imba" IMO]
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I like the teleporter as it is now, it is the only item which makes the gameplay (not the game ending) faster and really fun to play.
Well, 3500 range is quite a bit.

But a tinker gets that for free at lv5 teleport.
Well, we could do the same, as with the Troop Command: shorten the range and the cooldown. Maybe not by half, but it's an option.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
it shouldn't be nerfed...
if someone rescues himself with teleporter, buy also a teleporter and chase him
if someone trys to conquer a cp, buy teleporter and chase him
if someone teleports to you, buy teleporter and flee
etc
think teleporter is too imba
compared to dota, where it costs quite a lot and just has a very small range, but is still bought quite often
i'd recommend to make it more expensive, about 4.5k (range seems fine to me)
Dont think it is "imba" as in imbalanced, but it definitely is really strong and one of the 'essentials' aslong with getting extra speed or HP.

If anything, i'd rather see more variations of existing items because it is much easier for exo to do, and for people to understand.
E.g. 2k range teleporter in addition to existing teleporter

However, if the teleporter should be nerfed, I suggest making the CD longer. With such short CD, it can be hard to keep track of all enemy's teleport cooldowns, in order to plan attacks and captures. When an enemy uses a tp, you can almost be sure someone else has their's ready - unless they all use their tp fairly close together. By making it longer, it will make using teleporters more strategical, such as whether to chase or defend. In turn, luring or otherwise baiting an enemy to use their tp will become slightly more important.

I believe that outweights a simple reduced range or price.
(think TP is fine as it is)
๏̮๏
I think Teleporter has a good range. (Well, worth-buying until the end of the game)

3500 range is far, yet if it's reduced to 2000 or so, its value would drop a lot due to the speed that each tank has by the end of the game.

And about randomizing the range, I think people would lose trust in teleport 'cause you never know you would end up in enemy's fire or not (even with range of 500 matters, trust me). Sometimes, you need to land on exact location to advance your plan, and this randomizing could be a big failure to your strategy.

Cooldown of 50 seconds sounds pretty long already for me though. I think it's already balanced.

What I want to suggest is to increase cost. I think 4000-5000 would be better. Since teleport has been an effective rescuer of players in most of the situations. It doesn't require much precision and timing....The thing you need is just click (far) away from the point you're standing. Teleport breaker only destroys teleporter in a small radius only, and usually, it's quite tiresome to put it around the map when you only have 6 inventory slots to carry all your weapons and items.
HRMM personally any1 can get teleporter i don't thinks to strong but maybe have the cost price stay at 3000 = a level 3 tinker teleport and +500 for x amount of range added until it reaches level 5 teleport
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Well, you argue with Tinker or exploder got a teleporter Ability. So if the Tinker is so good, why dont so much people play "Tinker fighter" :?:
Because the tinker has low hp, weak combat damage skills, is slow moving and a defensive tower builder usally. But for a poison magic, 2.5 stun demontank attack the teleporter is really strong - and for infernals jumping in the enemy base and teleport out without dying I think its too strong.

Now the point that everyone can buy a teleporter too shows me, that you need 100% a teleporter to counter it. Its like the old Factory tactic. When the enemy buys a factory you need a mate who build one too. Is that your idea of balance ? I think we took it too long as it is now :wink:

Or 3000 Gold for placing TP Breakers all over the map to stop teleporting for 3Minutes. :mrgreen:

I suppose a teleporter balance is necessary at least an increase in costs or maybe in a drastic increase in cooldown. I believe everyone will buy teleporter even when it costs 4500, because you can use it 5times in 5 Minutes with 50Seconds cooldown. And if you buy it after 35minutes you can use it easily 35times until 1:20h which is normal in "skilled" games, maybe liga or intern games.

And remember you dont sell it for 50% gold usally like fire arrows which cost 3500, which are nearly useless when infernals and frosttanks are the only tanks left.
Random Player
Its not the 100% only counter.. For staters, having close combat weapons to beat them or troop command to augment your hp can beat an enemy teleporting, as well as choosing where you move. I have found it workable to avoid an enemy teleporter (as air) by tricking them into where i would go etc.. its all mind games. Possibly going by a rune if you are on full hp for quick heal or if you are escaping, then try to 'juke' them i.e. run a different path to the one they expect. As an air tank you must understand the map much better to make use of all terrain, knowing how big the areas are and stuff. I'd say a teleporter is around 50-75% counter to a tp.

As for mindgames, tricking the enemy into teleporting to you can work. Moving in odd directions also works very well. It means the enemy must 'lead' less or risk going off, but at the same time if they dont lead, they could fail to catch up.

Not that simple.
๏̮๏
There's also the possibility of adding a casting delay. This would make it less of an escape and chase item.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I think you should developt trade hunter more. The function, not the item itself. It is underused but interesting since it allows max speed for anything, but the CD is too long for the speed boost to be useful. I wouldnt mind casting delay if it were a whole seperate teleporting item.
๏̮๏
Gammagulp Wrote:[...] because you can use it 5times in 5 Minutes with 50Seconds cooldown. [...]

Actually you can use it 6 times. 6 x 50 sec. CD = 300 sec. = 5 minutesBig Grin

I would prefer higher cost or longer cd rather than a casting delay. Because the latter would take away alot of the flexibility the insta tp gives you.
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
My Solution is pretty easy and increase the Teamplay without nerfing it.

Maybe we should try Fog Mode?
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
fog is good.
nerfing the teleporter by increasing cooldown or decreasing range would make trader hunting very difficult
random range just seem stupid to me, i won't buy a teleporter which sends me in tankhell every 2. try
casting delay would make it useless for escaping or catching low hp enemies.

what is the teleporters function?
to escape from and to rush into battle!

teleporter is good the way it is.
Just remember, the cost isn't 3k it's 3k AND 25 mana.

The extra 25 mana makes a big difference in the early game. I too would like to see the stock teleporter have a slightly shorter range (say 2700), but keep the teleport packs as they are.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:Just remember, the cost isn't 3k it's 3k AND 25 mana.

thats true and anyway important!
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
And how you can kill someone with ready teleporter if you choose a tank with no stun or no direct stun-> Airship, skytank, earth robot ? The only tank who can steal mana is the ghost tank AFAIK.

But I would found a telporterdelay test very funny too. maybe 0,7Seconds before teleport is active.
Or the random range could also help retreating too. Maybe it could even help against enemies following you.

If player 1 got 15%Hp and teleports away, maybe he random 2300Range
Player "6" maybe teleports right after, but only reach 2000 Range. That means player 1 could survive. Not every change is a bad one.

To the fog mode - Yes it would be a nerf Tongue
Traderhunting: buy a teleport breaker and a ward - usally you can kill trader then, also the trader gets weaker when he gets a weaker teleporter item too.

Well if I read Exo´s ideas it sounds like: 35seconds cooldown (50); 2450range (3500) and maybe 0.3-0.6seconds casting delay ? That would mean more little jumps.
Random Player
hm if the range will be decreased, cooldown increased and a delay implemended it should not cost 25 mana to cast.
maybe 15 then

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increase heavy missile speed griffin1987 4 4,237 2013-08-28, 06:17:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,147 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
  Q skill range : shredder and storm ckibibi 12 11,157 2012-10-25, 23:58:30
  Reduce Text output ssl 5 4,266 2012-05-13, 19:12:22
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Range Weapons Grischa187 3 4,008 2012-01-04, 00:52:43