Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.60] Gold from a weapon a leaver dropped?
Yesterday i experienced something strange. I played BTanks on Northrend. Gamemode normal.
At around 7:50 HeT.iT.kA.Ze.Py (a pain in the ass to write this name... :lol:) dropped an upgraded Bombarding Rocket at middle cp of Dark Force. I think he decided to leave the game at that time and dropped the weapon so someone could pick it up (not possible in normal mode, right?). Then I think he stayed in base without doing something until around 8:45. The Bombarding Rocket was still at the middle cp. Then he left the game. The weapon suddenly moved up next to the healing rune north of the goblin shop in the middle. There it stayed until around 28:30. fire_cor_man took it. Iirc it did cost him something about 1800-1900 gold (I assume 1875). I think a used upgraded Bombarding Rocket from the junkyard cost only 1250. But what's more interesting: I got 625 gold for it! A "Someone bought one of your items and you got 625 gold"-message showed up. (Don't remeber the exact formulation...) And i was like "WTF?Confusedhock: I didn't sell anything..."

Is this intended or is it a bug?
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
If you buy your own items back, you pay 75% of the item value + you get 25%. If you regret on selling an item, you can always buy it back without losing the 25%.

That is a intended feature.

But if you didn't sell that item, it can be a bug.

That is a bug.
hmm i don't how long its been going for but at least for 8.55 till now items are dropped when leavers leave maybe 1/20 games happends to me
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
He dropped the weapon before he left. The funny thing is that it moved to another position when he left. And that I got gold after someone picked it up…

I thought dropped items are supposed to disappear when the owner leaves.
No, leaver items are supposed to drop at the Junkyard. The item ownership probably got messed up somehow. The point in the middle of the map is like a default coordinate. When something went wrong and the assignement of the coordinates is corrupt, this point in the middle of the map is used.

I couldn't watch the replay yet, but when you got the gold - where you the red player?
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
OK my situation is much different just drops randomly in the middle of the map and can only be picked up by red (well only time i could pick it up was when i was red it rarely happens hard to catch a replay. BTW EXO DID you talk to someone about not being able to upload a screen shot of a invalid LEAGUE CODE.

ERROR THAT COMES UP It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.
No, I wasn’t red. The leaver was.

So basically there are two things that got messed up:
1. The coordinates for putting the item to the junkyard and
2. the Ownership.
Hm sorry i worded it wrong i meant yes red was the leaver.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playerswap gold change xXBehinderungXx 1 2,605 2012-01-27, 00:42:23
Last Post: Exodus
  to much start gold [v.8.73] bademeister 2 3,347 2011-03-21, 18:27:28
Last Post: bademeister
  weapon cooldown allgemein MacBeth 17 9,393 2010-10-25, 17:05:06
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  [8.70] No leaver items at the Junkyard RaptorXI 3 2,765 2010-05-09, 10:30:36
Last Post: Velocity2k
  "Sell" an Item in BaseTower or Castle = no gold Der_Gaertner 5 3,965 2010-03-02, 21:10:03
Last Post: ssl