Poll: You like this item idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
53.33%
8 53.33%
No
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Achilles Targeting System (ITEM)
Achilles Targeting System (5000) (or different price)
Cooldown: 60 sec
MP cost: 25
Cast range: 900 (or different range)
Ability: Makes all your weapons attack only the selected enemy tank for a few seconds, completely ignoring other enemy tanks, creeps and structures while the system is active, afterwards your weapons is offline for 2 seconds after the targeting.

(This does only apply to weapons which normally can attack the enemy tank; for example creep only weapons will not function at all)

The item can only be used on heroes.

What do you think?
How would you implement such a system?
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:How would you implement such a system?

Make all other enemies "allies" for short time, except the target tank (kinda same way when you type in league pw, but friends instead of enemies :mrgreen: )
Very nice idea but.. even if you made all enemies except one tank allies for x seconds, you would probably have to do the same for all 10 players = 10x work. Another method which also involves an obscene amount of work is to create another version of every weapon, so when activated, all weapons target only one player.

:D

Otherwise an awesome idea. Perhaps a different mechanic, one that changes % change to hit tanks, making it higher? Or it deals damage equivalent to your % of your total dps for x seconds. Seems pretty hard to do with phoenix fire. You could have it become hero only for x seconds, and then for it to work, the weapon would have to have another version so it should be limited to only some weapons. Mmmmm hero-only swarms.. It all rests on individual player 'vision' so if you make enemies allies, it (doesnt work?) would have to be what you see and not your allies.. insanely hard.

You could change player sigh, this can affect only one player so only the enemy tank can be seen; everything else is fog. This wont make it hero target only but it will be close. Maybe this method will be less work.
๏̮๏
I don't think using fog is such an good idea. Also remaking all the weapons is out of option.

Dr.McNinja Wrote:Very nice idea but.. even if you made all enemies except one tank allies for x seconds, you would probably have to do the same for all 10 players = 10x work...
I've seen into it, and it isn't so much work to script such an ability. It's possible to make it....

BUT

...there was 1 thing I forgot when I suggested this idea. The targeted player may also control creeps and structures.

Solution 1: Put all his creeps and towers temporary under his force control or similar without changing their colors, and giving them control back again after the achilles system expires/target dies. This might be a little unfair towards the targeted player, but this suggestion seems most naturally ingame imo.

Solution 2: Make all the targeted player units and tower temporary immune to magic until achilles system expires/target dies. This might be a little unfair towards the caster and his teammates and it would be kinda weird.

Solution 3: Allow the achilles targeting system to apply to only 1 player (including his creeps and towers as well.) But this solution is not the original intention of the achilles system, but not a bad suggestion imo.
I dont get it. Why it controls towers and creeps? U said targeting player becomes ally with others for duration. Nothing relating targeted one...
Trolololo
I thought your solution 3 is what your idea was, affecting a single player only could work (for some item/idea)

:D
๏̮๏
horselance Wrote:I dont get it. Why it controls towers and creeps? U said targeting player becomes ally with others for duration. Nothing relating targeted one...

the concept is to make the targeted player the only available target by (editor-wise) changing all that players teammates and his force to allies of the player who uses the targeting system, so phoenix fire will just not fire at them, but at his only remaining enemy.

problem is, summoned creep/towers of the targeted player would still be enemies of the targeting player, therefore the 3 solution suggestions.

btw: i really like the idea, but i think it would be a better tank skill than a purchasable item. therefore no vote from me so far.
Cant you just be an ally with dark/light force?
Trolololo
of course you can, but this wouldnt have the effect which TKF suggested it should have... an ability which makes jsut able to target tanks, player creeps and player buildings wouldnt be too bad, but rather weird...
DerSatan Wrote:of course you can, but this wouldnt have the effect which TKF suggested it should have... an ability which makes jsut able to target tanks, player creeps and player buildings wouldnt be too bad, but rather weird...
hmm... maybe it would be weird. But I don't think it's a bad solution. I think Solution 1 is also good.
i love the idea. would you want it to do a secondary effect too? or just the targeting? maybe it could be used in a pack. sounds like a bitch to program though.

also: you might think about letting it require more of a precise click than a hero only target array allows, in other words, if it was able to target other units it might require more skill to use.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Exodus, I'm wondering if you find this suggestion good enough to be implemented in battle tanks, or is it unfitting idea?

I think this might fit in as an item, but you're the boss Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changes in existing ranking-system BtankNoob 5 4,319 2014-04-13, 02:31:10
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Additional ranking system BtankNoob 12 10,324 2014-02-19, 09:57:40
Last Post: Flygplan
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,349 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,366 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
  Watch replay and tell me kick system isn't useless griffin1987 4 4,668 2013-08-23, 03:04:52
Last Post: Prog