Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Getting Kills
I'm not very good, so I tend to be more cautious than the average player. By the end of the game, I usually have fewer deaths than average, but I'm not very good at getting kills. I tend to get more kills when I have long range weapons. Does anyone have any advice about tactics that help you get more kills? Maybe some advice about weapons and items toward that end too. Thank you.
you could take a look at the koth replays
in pubs you usually take 1-2 weapons and go straight for a bigger tank or get a hull first - depends on the enemy :]
With the latest version it's more important that someone dies by teamplaying than one player getting imba strong. I don't know what you already know and what not, so here a re some random tips.
- always use hotkeys [QWERT for spells, numpad for inventory items (there are tools to replace the numpad keys so you don't need to move your hand and save time, but i don't use them anymore)]
- take a random tank (hotkey: R) at start, you will get a bonus of 5% start gold, which is 150 gold for the most games [you can use it for a fast control point teleport or wait for about 30 seconds and buy a stronger weapon (like scout + electro cannon, heli + fireball for example)]; you should practice all 6 possible random tanks, if you can handle all you should try alternative builds to (i like to buy a tech-mech right at start, but start with a weaker weapon: heli + startshooter if i play against ground tanks, for example)
- enable to see life bars permantly, it's a bit hard to get used at it but very useful to estimate your chances [(attached a screenshot how to do it in my version (which is Deutsch)],
- the teleporter is a useful item, use it to make kills, save you from dieing or, which is better in my opinion, to capture control points or to start raid attacks on the enemy base,
- save spells for killing, useing them for creeping is mostly waste (especially for stuns and ultis),
- a stun can be a great action to start attacking a certain because it 'marks an aim', many people stun late when someone would die anyway, but a good stun makes it impossible to retreat and so leads to death,
- there are very good tips/hints at the Battletanks Wiki, you should take a look there, too (http://btanks.net/wiki/Hints).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Learn to cover. What youa re meaning right now is that you tend to stay behind, so you die less but help less. (that is why you think that using long range weapon makes youg et more kills)) You use your mates as shield. Each assist gives you gold; the important is not you kill/dead ratio but the team kill/dead ratio.

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
you must not get pushed back to your cp otherwise you lose way 2 much gold & lack exp
you gotta creep as hard as you can, dont really focus on killing your enemy (at the start 10 creeps ~ 1* tankkill)