Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V8.58 forgets armor and weapon upgrades
V8.58 forgets any armor and/or weapon upgrades whenever there is a change in the number of comtrol points and factories owned by either force. This occurs not only in response to change or control conquests, but also apparantly also whenever a purchased factory is created, destroyed or re-packed. The map appears to respond to these events by recomputing the team armor levels simply by counting factories and the elapsed game time only, ignoring purchased armor and weapon upgrades.

It would appear that in the past the map had not stored the number of armor and weapon upgrades purchased indepentently of the team weapon and armor level, since there was no reason to.

There are two possible clasees of bug fix. Either A) create four new persistent data items, the number of purchased armor and weaon upgrades for light and dark force and use these when computing the armor and weapon levels, or B) in response to the pending indicated state changes, compute the difference between the current armor and weapon levels for each force and those that result from adding up the number of factories, and use that to extract the number of weapon and armor upgrades purchased for light and dark and after the change of factory count state offset the computed weapon and armor levels. Method A is preferable because the number of spawn points owned affects so much of the map and gameplay that therefore Method B would needlessly give rise to additional race conditions and synchronization loops in multiplayer games.
I'm not sure what you mean ... if you are refering to the fact, that the Force is not always researching weapon and armor upgrades, but instead 2 weapon upgrades at once, etc, this is a wanted effect.
The upgrade system has been changed in a way, that the Force always tries to balance both upgrade levels.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
No, that's not what I meant. Here is an example;
At some time in the game, dark force and light force control the same control points they start with, and neither side has placed additional factories or a troop command, and at this point, creeps for each force are evenly matched, weapons 7 and armour 7.

A player on dark force buys 2 armor upgrades, and the creeps for dark force are now weapons 7, armour 9. Creeps for light force are still weapons 7 armour 7.

Dark force captures a control point, their creeps are now wepons 8, armour 8 - the same as they would have been if no armour upgrades had been purchased.

Dark force loses the control point they had captured. and and dark force and light force now again control the same Control points they start with. Their creeps are now weapons 7 and armour 7- the same as they were before any armour upgrades were purchased.

The revised calculation of creep (and building) armour and weapons has the effect of wiping out any upgrades that are purchased, making them temporary.
ok im confused about this whole armor weapon things but is it true the more cps you the greater you armor and weapons is upgraded played a game yesterday our team armor was 13 there's was 8 or so such a big diffrence only 1 thing i dont like about this version heak why am i saying it hereTongue its bug fourum its pretty much impossible for a pro vs pro game for the loosing cps to make a come back...just give up ahead
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
let's not judge so fast. it's a big advantage but once guys get used to it it may not be such a big deal. it's still a gigantic change which old "pro" players are still getting used to i think.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I doubt it myself.
polychromeuganda Wrote:No, that's not what I meant. Here is an example;
At some time in the game, dark force and light force control the same control points they start with, and neither side has placed additional factories or a troop command, and at this point, creeps for each force are evenly matched, weapons 7 and armour 7.

A player on dark force buys 2 armor upgrades, and the creeps for dark force are now weapons 7, armour 9. Creeps for light force are still weapons 7 armour 7.

Dark force captures a control point, their creeps are now wepons 8, armour 8 - the same as they would have been if no armour upgrades had been purchased.

Dark force loses the control point they had captured. and and dark force and light force now again control the same Control points they start with. Their creeps are now weapons 7 and armour 7- the same as they were before any armour upgrades were purchased.

The revised calculation of creep (and building) armour and weapons has the effect of wiping out any upgrades that are purchased, making them temporary.
I wasn't able to reproduce this. This also seems quite unlikely, since it's not possible to decrease the level of a researched upgrade. Please post a replay, which shows this situation.
Spam deleted ...
There still bound to be something wrong if im right if you have more cps then the other team you should expect a weapon or a armor upgrade but yesterday in our priv game we got neither armor or weapons even though we had more cps and then the light force had -1 cp and there weapons still upgraded at 20 min we got 567 dollars but no weapon or armor and light force got 358 and +1 weapon upgrade ?why even though we have more cps
bennie i think there's a seperate forum here for topics and responding if you're smoking a bunch of crack dude! Smile just a word or advice... this is the big boy, quasi-drug free zone here. it's ok to toke and pass here a little bit. but if you're all wasted and seeing giants and shit then maybe you should wait to sober up first to post here. Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
BENNIE.FM Wrote:There still bound to be something wrong if im right if you have more cps then the other team you should expect a weapon or a armor upgrade but yesterday in our priv game we got neither armor or weapons even though we had more cps and then the light force had -1 cp and there weapons still upgraded at 20 min we got 567 dollars but no weapon or armor and light force got 358 and +1 weapon upgrade ?why even though we have more cps
I need a replay of this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Burst armor doesn't work for my tinker GAP 2 3,352 2012-05-21, 08:55:38
Last Post: GAP
  Burst Armor and armor deflect Smartie 7 6,235 2012-02-29, 15:37:06
Last Post: Prog
  weapon cooldown allgemein MacBeth 17 9,388 2010-10-25, 17:05:06
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  [8.60] Gold from a weapon a leaver dropped? Dr.Popitz 8 4,582 2009-06-05, 14:17:14
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  [8.59] Frost Robot Ignore Normal Armor Requirements TKF 6 3,744 2009-05-21, 13:40:10
Last Post: TKF