Poll: how useful was this post of my battle tanks secrets to you on a scale from 1 to 10?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 not very useful at all
35.29%
6 35.29%
17.65%
3 17.65%
5.88%
1 5.88%
5.88%
1 5.88%
5.88%
1 5.88%
5.88%
1 5.88%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
10 very usefull
23.53%
4 23.53%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some of my secrets, just this once ;)
As a way of making amends for venting my rage yesterday and being a jerk-off i'm going to post a 1 time only secret tips post now. most of this knowledge and tricks I usually only share with my clanmates and friends. to be honest most my clan mates don't get better very fast or even read this advice because they aren't as serious about winning like i am so it's kind of wasted on them. Today i feel like, "what the hell, why not let eveyone know if they're curious?" i'm really a nice guy, not a bad guy. Smile

i play with sound effects over any other noise in my room cause there are lots and lots and lots of useful sounds in the game so even if i got ventrilo on or music playing i always have sound effects volume to where i can hear it.

i always hide terrain so i can see all units, tanks, creeps, and building. you don't need team color if you do that and seeing grey is no problem. i always leave hp bars on, it's clicked out to permanently on in my gameplay options menu. i pick yellow if i can on dark force so i will look like a gold mine on the mini map and i pick grey on light force so anyone not hiding terrain will have a tough time seeing me on the min-map.

i use an autohotkey editor program,. If you want to try it then first go to http://www.autohotkey.com and download and install the software. Next copy the following text to your clipboard and then paste it to to a blank notepad document.

Code:
; Battle Tanks !! v.1

;changelog:

;this script is now 100 times harder to use as the original, i highly recomend anchoring as many of your 4 left fingers to q, w, e, and r as much when you use this
;be very cautious of hitting 5 at the wrong time because the only way out of that window is esc.  if you can't manage it then you'd better change that one or delete it.
;if you can get used to it then this is also 100 times more helpful than the old script though.  It lets you ping easier, and use up to 4 items with hotkeys now

;i added the "setmousedelay, 10" line which made it so that the right clicking works great at least on my computer, if it doesn't work good for you still
;then try "setmousedelay 0" (or "1", or "20") instead
;i added a Capslock hotkey that pings wherever your mouse is.
;i changed level up to 5, made 4 another item slot left click, I changed tab to an item left click, before it was another item right click in case you wanted two hulls.

;--run this at your own risk, if it fucks your shit--
;--up it's not my fault.  i accept no responsibility-

#UseHook
#SingleInstance
#MaxThreadsBuffer on
CoordMode, ToolTip, Screen
Coordmode, Mouse, Screen
SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 1
SetBatchLines, -1
SetMouseDelay, 10

; ---------------------------------------------------

;---this process priority high line prioritizes------
;---the hotkey editor as high for your cpu.----------
;---i'm not sure if it's a good thing.---------------
;---so don't use it if you're worried about it-------
;---i use it though, and i like it :)----------------
;---the guy who origionally made this script---------
;---thinks it's a bad thing to use though------------

Process, Priority, , High

; ---------------------------------------------------

pgup::
    suspend, off
    soundbeep, 450, 100
    soundbeep, 550, 100
    soundbeep, 650, 100
    soundbeep, 750, 260
  return

pgdn::
    suspend, permit
    suspend, on
    tooltip
    soundbeep, 750, 100
    soundbeep, 650, 100
    soundbeep, 550, 100
    soundbeep, 450, 260
  return

;----------------------------------------------------------------
;----this is not part of the ordinary script that will run-------
;----when you use this.  this shows where your mouse is so-------
;----that if you adjust your screen resolution you can reset-----
;----where the mouse clicks.  to use it first delet the ";" in---
;----front of the 6::

;6::
mousegetpos x, y
run, Wordpad
WinWait, Untitled - Wordpad, , 4
sendinput, %x%, %y%
return

;-------------------- Start up Hotkeys --------------------------

;---anything with a click position like this will need to be-----
;---adjusted before it will work.  to fix this you'll need to----
;---use the number 6 hotkey to find your mouse postion when it's-
;---postitioned correctly.  once u find the mouse postition put--
;---it in  and save the file and then reload the script.  to-----
;---reload it just right click the icon bottom right and select--
;---"reload"

;--------------------------- pause and un -pause (doesn't work in single player, in single player just hit F10 dummy) ------------------------------

7::
sendinput, {F10}
sendinput, m
sendinput, r
return

;----------------- starting input commands ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;---you'll need to put your password in, in place of the 7 x's---------------------------------------------------------------------
;-------i have multiple realm's passwords here, i just remover the ";" to the one for the realm i'm playing in at the time---------
;-------------the default is for lordaeron---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8::
blockinput, on
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, -league
sendinput, {Enter}
sleep, 2000
sendinput, {Enter}

sendinput, -pw xxxxxxx        ;lordaeron

;sendinput, -pw xxxxxxx       ;azeroth

;sendinput, -pw xxxxxxx        ;northrend

;sendinput, -pw xxxxxxx        ;kalimdor

sendinput, {Enter}
blockinput, off
return

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9::
blockinput, on
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, -zoom 3500
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, -rc
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, -team Ferocious Bunnies
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, +{Enter}
sendinput, gl hf!  come to clan bt in lordaeron anytime for a game - that's channel clan bt
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, +{Enter}
sendinput, most clan games around 1 to 2pm bnet time - type "/time" to see bnet time
sendinput, {Enter}
blockinput, off
return

;---end game message for public games -----------------------------------------------

0::
blockinput, on
sendinput, +{Enter}
sendinput, good game. come to clan bt in lordaeron anytime for a game - that's channel clan bt
sendinput, {Enter}
sendinput, +{Enter}
sendinput, most clan games around 1 to 2pm bnet time - type "/time" to see bnet time
sendinput, {Enter}
blockinput, off
return

;-------------------- Gameplay Hotkeys --------------------------

;--this is the best part.  this is the important part.-----------
;--Numpad7 is item slot one (top left) and Numpad8 is item slot--
;--2, (top right).  so hit 2 and 3 to use your top items.--------
;--hit 5 to click out the next ability after you level up easier-

2::sendinput, {Numpad7}

3::sendinput, {Numpad8}

4::sendinput, {Numpad5}

5::sendinput, {o}

TAB::sendinput, {Numpad1}

Capslock::
blockinput, on
coordmode, mouse, Screen
sendinput, {Alt Down}{g Down}{Click}
sendinput, {Alt Up}{g Up}
blockinput, off
return

`::
blockinput, on
coordmode, mouse, Screen
mousegetpos, xpos, ypos
Click right 681, 691
Click %xpos%, %ypos%, 0
blockinput, off
return

Once you've pasted this to a blank notepad document save it as any name you want on yoiur desktop. End the file name with .ahk though. For example, I saved mine as "btanks.ahk"

Once you've saved it, the file should look like a peice of paper with a capital "H" on it. Double click it to activate it.

after you double click it the running script will make an icon on your toolbar, bottom right of your desktop, that looks like a white capital "H" on a green background.

hit page up and page down to suspend and un-suspend the script while it's running. In the bottom right icon on your desktop The H will turn into an S when it's suspended and you should hear some beeps when u turn it off and on. I recomend suspending it unless you're in game.

If you ever need to make more changes to this then right click either the the icon on the bottom right or the actual file itself on the desktop and select "edit script"

make sure to read my notes. put in your league password where i have the 7 x's and also use the 6 key action to find your mouse coordinates. Then just don't forget to re-save and reload.

Hope you like this and have fun with it!

here's some illustrations i drew that try to help explain how i use the script i wrote for btanks. if anyone's interested in a ladder script that doesn't use any macros let me know i'm still working on that though.

[attachment=0]

my theories on tank build principles are sort of numerous and dissorganized so i'll just say this:

some tanks are better for base and cp battles like hunter tanks, earth tanks, flying tanks etc. tanks with stuns are better for team ganking like antigravs, thunder tanks, demon tanks, etc. usually with gank tanks you try to kill the enemy first then go take cps or destroy their base. but with cp battle type tanks you should try to push to the cp or base and then kill the enemy there all at once at the end of the push. I think it's sometimes ok to get all gank tanks but getting all cp battle type tanks is sometimes not as effective.

earth tank and sky fortress are (at the time i'm posting this) in my opinion by far the best tanks you can get for a 1vs1.

i hope this is helpful to some one. sorry if it's not usefull to you. keep in mind that i'm not the best player around so some of what i know and do may not be the best.

**edit: oh ya, one other important peice of advice i'd like to give anyone who gives a shit is to never play under stressed conditions. when you play without stress you can concentrate more and have fun. but if you play a game that you "have to win" or "need to win" and you think you might loose or you do loose than your body will make you sick or get a head-ache or just zone out. it's like the difference when playing when you're well rested and healthy vs when you try to play when you're hungry and/or sick or somthing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I voted 2 because you either do things similar to me, or in a fashion I have tried and jsut simply did not prefer. It is always nice to see similarities though Big Grin
Not useful
Third party tools are most commonly not accepted in professional gaming :=P
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Ignore morkardar hes always negative^^ nice job ahah so much effort i gues.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I did find the drawing amusingSmile
lol i wonder who voted 10.

Edit for mr. Q: /s
๏̮๏
it was meSmile of course i find my own advice very useful! hehe.

I'm glad some one appreciated that finger position illustration. i comishioned a little-known microsoft paint artist to do that illustration for me. perhaps you've noticed and admired some of his earlier works, my current avatar for instance? (it's me also)

i watched a couple youtube videos of top ladder players playing where the videos focused on their keyboards before deciding to go ahead and post my autohotkey information. while they were getting 400 to 500 apm or whatever i noticed that they were using a lot of hotkeys and i never saw them touching the number pad keys once. i saw one guy was using binding with a special keyboard so that he could keep his left hand anchored like i do. with the exception of the 2 macros that i have for fast pinging and dropping hulls i don't think i'm doing anything out of the ordinary. i'm just not putting any macros in the ladder scripts i'm working on. i wonder what one of those special apm counter programs would say i got. the btanks apm counter said i got as high as 250 a couple times but i don't think that even counts half my actions. I noticed when i'm lagging and have a big delay my apm doesn't register as high.

maybe i'm wrong though, i know i saw one guy who was just going crazy with his left hand and clicking all over the keyboard. it looked like he wasn't using any custom hotkeys, but even he never used the number pads so i'm asuming he had at least something binded for his item slots. what made you think that hotkeys are looked down upon?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
And I thought I was clever for using AHK to type in
{enter}-zoom 4000{enter}{enter}-w{enter}{enter}-notips{enter}
with a single keypress

I never tried actually using it for anything in game
now -w is not needed unless u want to turn it on i think. same for -e now i think. i used to have them in the 9 macro but i took them out.
i voted 6 because
i don't know anything about scripts and such stuff->just confused me Oo
i have logitech g11 where i can do my own macros aswell and it is helpfull indeed->own macros are best onesWink
i like the picture a lotBig Grin the "normal play"-hand is identical to my normal play hand->yeeeeah!
Easier useful tups: When you have an azerty keyboard, just push ctrl and alt to switch to qwerty... :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
oh man, i can't believe i forgot my most secret and bestest tip!

if you type "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, a, a, b, b, select, start" you can get 99 free lives!
If you press up, down, left, alt q, a, a, a, b, right, b, right, left, q, a, up you can get a hidden tank. But it must be in that order and you cannot press anything else or click the mouse.
๏̮๏
oh ya, i forgot that one too, that's a good one, thank you for reminding me. and i just learned this new secret tip from the pros too: if you shoot a hooker and stuff her dead carcass in your compuer for 12 months the magic hooker fairy will replace her corpse with a voucher that can be redeemed for a 4 day all access pass at tank land!!! Big Grin
im just glad to see someone using autohotkey. im going to have to make a script again when i send my mouse off to be fixed.