Poll: Do you use the new items?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No I don't
25.00%
4 25.00%
Recharge only
6.25%
1 6.25%
Maintenance only
18.75%
3 18.75%
Yeah I use both items
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance and Recharge (100) - Consumable Items
As you perhaps might have noticed, there is a couple of new items added in the latest versions. Maintenance (hp heal) and Recharge (mana regen).

However I've not seen the recharge item being used and when I used it, I was a bit disapointed. It's very cheap so you shouldn't expect much, but I find the maintenance item more useful overall at start since it can heal you quite much up while you don't have to return to the CP for healing. When you get level 10 and above, the recharge item might prove useful, but since it's a non-combat item being hit disables the regen like with maintenace. I end up buying batteries and then I don't think of it, and end up using the CP's as main mana regen station.

Maintenance becomes more or less useless later ingame, but the need of mana should increase as it's more easy to get mana shortage later on, but despite that I haven't seen anyone using the consumables yet, with exception of very few buys maintenance for lane pushing healing the first 15 minutes. But not recharge item. This is quite new item so it's a possibility players hasn't adjusted their tactics with this item completely yet.

Do you have any experience with using these new items?
i vote for not used.
because: both items are most effective in early game where gold is rare.
the mana reg of tier 1 tanks is enought because the spells dont cost so much of mana points. so for me there is no use for it.
later it costs a slot.. not what i prefer..

the maintenance is good. but only for copter or demolisher. the copter is is fast and reaches a cp fast.. so the heal is not pretty well for it i think.
the demo has the most hp of tier 1 tanks.. harder to kill and can escape better.
the other tanks provide heal by itself which are way more effective and cheaper.
AND the fact of a tech mech which isn't consumeable and heals way more and others its lifetime makes it more effective for my purposes.
a tech mech combined with hull and a good mikro is way more effective then maintenance.
(and works in combat, too)

my opinion..
i wont use them in future.

suggestion part:
maybe add a item like repair, but working the other way. if you use it it provides mana and takes hp of your tank.
should be based percentually.

example:
item: converter
cost: 1500g
restores 25% of maximum tank mana
takes 17% of "current" hp to the tank.

this causes more effectivity with low hp but rises the risk you take with low hp in order to escapeSmile

i think it would work fine. it should be combinable with some items, too. (like strength pack)
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
i always buy them and lay them back at the cp
so you dont waste a slot and you dont waste much money they arent very expensive imo
well you have to watch how you play
if you play much hp and early tank i dont us the health boost but i like the manathing then( always forget which is which sry^^)
but if i play for example medivac till mid/endgame i love the manaboost cause its really helpful and medi wastes a lot of manaWink
Maintenance is for early game with tier 1 tanks so you can heal while holding the pressure.
Recharge is for late game, where you need over 200 mana to use all skills and porter. For example when you respawn, you need much time regenerating all your mana and the recharge item recharges ~100 mana at that point.
ssl Wrote:For example when you respawn, you need much time regenerating all your mana....
yes.. but only since the mana reg of the old factories is gone..
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
The mana regen is very slow when you respawn, it seems like it doesn't work when you are invulnerable when you are just respawned.
In all honesty I would just say buff the base fac's mana regen back to 100% but keep the hp regen what it is. When an enemy team tries to take a cp and you just respawned, there's no way you can get enough mana to cast any of your spells, AND the cp capture time has been nerfed with the team capture speed bonus so it's not like you're gonna be able to sit back at the castle and wait for your mana to regen. I think the defending team should at least be able to get mana to cast because right now if you try to defend a cp right when you revive you're either food or a meatshield.
Weird, 8 voted for using both items, I still feel that few players are using these items, not that I've played many games since the release but I excepted most players to use these items pretty often and I rarely see it being used as I fell I'm the only one using these items in the games I play. It seems many slowly adopts new features over time and only the best players so far.
if u use it wise these items are imba

for example, if you dominate at lane, and want to conquer cp and kill 1 on cp and your damaged.
now u got 2 options if only 1 enemy is capable of coming to defend. 1: troops (400) extremly good if used correctly, but very expensive if it fails (also expensive if you succeedBig Grin ) or 2: maintanace, in the time the enemy is teleporting, you can drop your hull with for example light tank and regen half your life, that should be enough to kill one enemy. its 100 and u use just half.

but i cant see any good spots for the usage of recharge.

also maintainace is pretty good if you play lane without tech mech and dominate your enemy. so you dont have to go the way back to heal and can continue the presure, so that villian dont gets much troop gold
only if you are much strnger youre able to kill ur enemyTongue
with troops its much safer i just love it to get multikills with them xD
but with mainteance you can just kill an enemy if you are good timed so the 2 little troops cant swapn to attack you
if they come maintenace is useless and een if they dont you have to be much stronger to kill someone in early game ...
These item are waste of slot and unuseful.

I don't feel the need to justify itBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
do it like me...
buy these things lay it down at cp and when you port to it just use them fast xD
its really helpfulTongue
but okay i forgot...... you never die xD so you nearly never port to a cp Big Grin
Or make this item work on a range of 700, so it can be also useful for support :o (or even better, make it stop the stun effect :p )
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
y the effect especially with mana sux
would be really better if you would be able to regenerate mana while getting attacked :/
but it would be too strong i guess you wont really need batterys only with for example inf when you use all skills at once but with airship you could skill thunder shock+ drones and regenerate mana very fast to use ulti directly after it
you understand what i want to say xD?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.80c] Troop items cost no mana. They should? AeroniumX 1 3,066 2015-05-29, 16:50:45
Last Post: 91846
  Recharge useless? Perfektionist 5 4,671 2012-11-03, 13:53:11
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Sharing control and giving items to teammates c9. 1 1,811 2010-05-24, 11:36:45
Last Post: c9.
  Trader can still get bomb with trade items benben10 4 3,674 2009-02-05, 18:47:27
Last Post: Exodus
  proper costs for buying items at trade master in HB mode benben10 8 4,031 2009-02-05, 11:35:59
Last Post: GooglyBoogly