Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blizzard forbids Hostbots(?)
Quote:WEDNESDAY FEB, 25 (NEW)
Please note: The use of any third-party software in conjunction with the game to modify Battle.net and/or change gameplay, may result in account closures and a possible suspension of access to Battle.net. Third-party software may include, but is not limited to any program that allows you to run multiple instances of the game at the same time, cheats, hacks and/or bots.
Sad but true : /

Tho currently i'm not sure if it really affects ghostbots, there are quite contradictory statements at the ghostbot forum. Some claim they got banned, a mod said ghost wouldn't get banned.
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?PHPS...pic=3714.0
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?PHPS...9#msg24489
Seems like Ghost++ isnt banned..

http://www.stealthbot.net/board/index.ph...opic=39771
๏̮๏
i read most of what was in those three links and everything i could find about it from blizzard and it doesn't look like there's much to worry about yet. From what i understand at the very worst blizzard will only suspend your cd key at first and/or give you a warning. and according to some: that's only if you "abuse or cheat" with your bot.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
@qweqqweq
I +1 that.
๏̮๏
In Custom Games Blizzard will not take any action, like they never did.
In Ladder you will get banned.
They would hurt the dota-community very much with forbidding bots and they wont do that,
because Dota keeps this game alive... and only dota.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
I was under the impression that they are now going after custom game cheaters now too.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
with the new patch i couldn't join my own games. then when i restarted ghost i couldn't get ghost to re-connect to battle net at all. i looked at codelain.com and i saw several other poeple having the same problem. from what i can tell everyone will need to get new versions of just about all 3rd party programs if not all of them since the new patch. man, blizzard can be such a pain sometimes. they give us all these problems so that mac users can hear dota better? what a bunch of dicks!

if i get ghost running again i'll post how i fixed it here.

if anyone else can get theirs running please be nice and let us know here.
Quote:I was under the impression that they are now going after custom game cheaters now too.

lol they banned autobots now. I hate them..
Trolololo
Dota bots still seems to work. There are divleague games..
Trolololo
i think its all about abusing...

blizzard never really cared about 3rd party tools like banlist or hotkey tools (at least in custom games, but i doubt they care about hotkey tools in ladder games, too). of course, they DO care about maphacking and stuff, probably name spoofing too, maybe custom kick. so if you are running a ghost bot, which doesnt have offending game titles or advertisements, i think you are not in danger of getting a hax0r lifetime blizzard ip ban, or even a warning.

of course thats my opinion, only time will show how strict this warning info is executed.
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=4103.0

that's a link to a partial fix for ghost bots. still can't join our own games though.

**edit, oh never mind, shit, now no one can join my ghost's games. so really no improvement yet, sorry**

***edit again:
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=4083.15
that's a link to go to where the maker of ghost is discussing fixing the problem. he thinks that he needs to figure out an algorithim to calculate new map values which were designed to stop hosting bots.***
If they IP ban you, just call your ISP and make them change the IP. It's not hard for them to do so. At least if you got Static IP, that is.
I got once or twice ip ban. Just unplug internet and reconnect.
Trolololo
blizzard wont only ban your ip, i think they will ban your cd-key too
they fixed ghost bot. you need to go and get the newest version of ghost to get it working good again. i did that but i can't make my own map cfg files becasue i don't have the software i need to autocalculate them.

can some one please post the btanks857.cfg file here for me? and everytime a new map comes out it would help me out a lot if some one did that.

**edit: velocity2k just pm'd it to me and i posted it here's the link for it: http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=...594#p26594

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More hostbots, different modes. hrafn 5 6,397 2013-08-06, 12:37:18
Last Post: RikonVan
  +++ hostBOTS LIST +++ Dr.McNinja 3 3,250 2009-02-12, 03:25:12
Last Post: Morkardar