Poll: if exo were to make a 2nd autohost version of bt which mode/modes would u want it to be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
normal mode
12.50%
5 12.50%
no trader
15.00%
6 15.00%
no exploder
10.00%
4 10.00%
no tinker
7.50%
3 7.50%
rush
0%
0 0%
20.00%
8 20.00%
7.50%
3 7.50%
0%
0 0%
hb
12.50%
5 12.50%
no hb
15.00%
6 15.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autohost bt version would be nice
when you set a bot to autohost whoever joins the game and gets the red slot gets to choose the game mode.

a 2nd version of the map that doesn't allow any player to choose game mode but automatically starts 5k, hb, no tinker, no trader, no exploder for autohosting games would be perfect in my opinion for autohosting. That way some random host who joins the game can't suprise people with something like only weapons mode.

What modes would everyone else prefer? you can choose as many options as you want.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
This is a problem of the players... not of the map.
I am against a second version.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
but you can't change people, you can change the map however. what game would you rather join, "battle tanks by bug #33" where you don't know what the game mode would be, or "batte tanks 3k hb by bug #33"?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I don't see why this would be a problem to have, other than the corresponding time and effort that would be required from Exo. This would help keep autohosted games consistent and hopefully wean people off the endless 5k hb modes that are floating around. I'm for it.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
Just ask the player in slot 1 what map mode he will do.
Never had a problem with this sort of communication.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
I agree with Morkardar. You should talk to the host before the game starts. If you do not trust the host to run options he says during the game, then you should not be playing in that host's game. If you are wanting a specific set of options, then I think you should be hosting your own game. If you can't host, you have to take what you can get. When I host games, I put my modes in the title, and I specify them again before I start.

If you are asking me what I prefer, I choose to play in games that I host myself. Yes I have to worry about random jerks, but I generally have pretty good public games. I tend to see a lot of the same people, and that also helps me out in my games, because they know how I run things. I will throw it out there, I host games titled "Battle Tanks HB 5K"

I don't use any other options, and when a player joins my game and asks, I tell them that. Better hosting, not better maps. This map is awesome
I would like a 2nd version for completely unrelated reasons which i may talk about in the future, but i dont think autohosted games are that common.

EDIT: a few months later now, they still arent that common. Ive seen about 1 or 2 autohosts for bt in the past few months.
๏̮๏
Because of this i changed the BuG bots so that every BuG clanmate can use the swap command in the autogamesWink. So all clanmates can decide which mode to play on our bots.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Btanks .cfg File for Macgyver Version? Userkiller 6 5,308 2010-03-17, 17:48:03
Last Post: Velocity2k
  mode on autohost aSearch.INFO 8 6,746 2009-09-30, 17:36:42
Last Post: Velocity2k