Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Projectile Effects] and pretty things
As much as i enjoy btanks, i also enjoy the special effects, but this is a general thing about wc3. There are so many effects from wc3 to use..

The weapons with the largest projectiles are photon bombs, plasma waves, light fantastic and energy torpedo. I like seeing energy torpedo fire because its so big and fires slowly, which i feel fits in nicely.. but photon bombs seems too fast for such a big projectile.. even with the high cost. I would like it if the larger the projectile damage, the larger or more effects intensive the projectile will be.. in general. So the laser is a 'well balanced' weapon because the beam is small and very much like a laser. I dont dislike any weapons, im used to them all and im sure a lot of players are too so changes may not be a good idea.

Perhaps allow alternate weapon effects? A way to switch could be typing -alt which alternates effects for weapon in slot #1 if there is one.

Im more interested in potential effects that could be very nice as a weapon in btanks, for you people to disscuss. Somewhere, someone suggested for a stronger version of plasma waves to shoot 'carrion swarm' a very nice effect. The poison arrow effect could be for a similar weapon to fear magic. Lightning bolt would be new. How about effects that have no projectile but instant-hit targets like ice cannon?

Weapon name, price, range, cool down speed, effect. The weapon doesnt really matter here, its all about the effects.
Chaos Waves - $16,000 . R: 750 . CD: 0.5 . E: Carrion Swarm
Tesla Coil - $7500 . R: 850 . CD: 2.5 . E: Generic wc3 Lightning, chain lightning i think it is. Damage would be very high. INSTANT hit weapon like ice cannon. Large and very noticeable.
Spirit Bomb - $9999 . R: 777 . CD: 1.5 . D: 1200 E: Undead building explosion. Undead spirit tower attack could be projectile which is small. Explosion is large.
Goblin Coin Bomb - $6500 . R: 750 . CD: 1 Projectiles: 5 . E: Shooting a spinning coin which explodes with the effect of 'transmute'.

If people get involed with creating stylish and themed new weapons, i could create a poll and see which ones are liked most.. It helps to go into more depth about the weapon eg, some people wont know that the tesla coil here is from Red Alert 2... slow fire rate and painful : D I like having themes, styles and colours.. They are a big part of the game just like the gameplay itself.

There are themes and colours already, which gives me something to do when i get bored or feel like it - collecting only a certain type of weapon or massing one so that the effects of the weapon multiplies like having several light fantastics for a bigger light show. Discuss.

GLHF
๏̮๏
I like the idee, but I think everyone will buy one of the new weapons than. Because I think their much stronger than the others...

But here one idea:

Earth Demolisher: Fires a bullet which creates an earthquake under the targeted unit. Slows all units around down...

cedi
Oh dw about stats for weapons... pretty much all weapons new and old are balanced, its just how you use them.. Im also not thinking about special effects for weapons, but you may add anything in you feel like, you said earthquake, i know that effect but what will the projectile be? the 'bullet' is what im most interested in.

If youre interested in special effects weapons, try out the newest Battle Tanks MG mod, which ever was the last. I think it has a whole range of special effects weapons like hp-decay, sheep, net, life-steal, chain lightning. MG mod is much much more complicated than the current btanks.
If you dont know what MG mod is, i have attached the last version of Battle Tanks MG (i think its the right one).

Thanks for contributing.

Attached Files
.w3x   Battle_Tanks_-MG-_10.3a.w3x (Size: 441.59 KB / Downloads: 144)
๏̮๏
How about one that shoots little tiny tanks?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Effects on cp Max 0 1,696 2013-01-06, 11:14:02
Last Post: Max
Thumbs Up energy torpedo projectile gozo1985 2 2,538 2012-02-08, 14:19:30
Last Post: gozo1985
  Improve the older tanks abilities and effects? TKF 3 2,471 2009-08-28, 21:16:13
Last Post: TKF
  Bob's SupCom Advanced Projectile System TKF 8 5,025 2009-08-17, 16:03:06
Last Post: qweqqweq