Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5k / HB Discussion
5k High Bounty is a pretty common game setting but there arent any threads dedicated to it (from what ive seen/searched).

Heli: Fire Arrows is the current strategy im using most now. Good for farming and powerful enough for hunting.

After this i can get the 1250 hull early on before the 5min mark. Then in no particular order, Light fantastic (lame name), 1/2 Gold Hulls, Flamer, Troop Command.

Troop Command is very useful and definitely worth the slot. For my 'fun' heli build i dont get speed/teleport and probably wont change from a heli until very late simply because i enjoy heli so much. Its good for taking control points, 1v1 fights and escaping. Plus you dont get block/trapped by your creeps.

Then replace Fire arrows with darkness. If im rich, ill get blaster cannon for fun but usually im too weak by then to get that close.
For slightly more serious games, I change to sky tank/get speed pack in place of fire arrows and sometimes the weaker hull (if i dont have 2 gold hulls). Sometimes i get double flamer or double light cannons early on which replace the fire arrows.
Used this general plan about 30 times in the past two weeks, won *most*. Very fun. Mostly i just cant be fucked to buy speed, so heli i find very fun from the start.

So thats my current strategy im having most fun with.
๏̮๏
Anyone staying on start tank for too long has great disadvantages.
Simply because buying HP with new tank is very cheap and brings you 1% more HP with each level.
But the best reason to change are the really powerful skills non-starting tanks have.
Where heli ulti does 1k dmg... sky tank does 3k...

I would crush your strategy simply by one less weapon... double the HP.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Just that in hb, after 5-6 min, we can easily get any tiers 2 tanks and then own any start tank.

5k hb is a bad mode since, it is always better to do : demo +weapon or shredder + weapon or thunder +bow or full long range
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I hate hb, because it's gay, repeditive and boring (mostly because alot of strategies aren't viable in hb, like mining or tinker towers for example). Anyway, if I play 5k hb, I go:

Scout + 2 upgraded bombard cannons.
Then I farm mid like crazy.
Then I either get an iron hull or more bombard cannons, depending on how noob the enemies are.
Then I get more bombard cannons, because they are that OP in hb, untill I reach 5 bombard and 1 iron hull.
At this point I continueally farm mid, and own anyone who comes mid with high dps, long range.
Then I save up for sky tank.
Then I get spawning factories for the side lanes, to kill creeps for me.
Then I either get a death magic or a gold hull, depending on which is needed more.
Then I continually get death magics till I reach 4 death magics and 1 gold hull because death magics are OP.
At this point, I own everyone who isn't on a cp.
For the last slot I get ultimate pack.
After that, I mass armor upgrades like crazy till 30 armor.
Then I get troop command + 3 aura upgrades.
By then the game is usually over, if not then I just save for titan and frosts.
@Morkardar: I am fully aware of everything youve said.

Me: "Very fun. Mostly i just cant be fucked to buy speed, so heli i find very fun from the start."

Heli is FUN. There is no next level up of Heli, nothing else has stun and sky fortress is too far away. To compensate for the flimsyness of Heli AND because i tend not to get speed pack (+1slot), I get more Gold hulls. Usually 2 but sometimes 3.
Even against higher tier tanks, i have no problem with my massive hp and at that point, my weapons should be enough. If i do as well as i do, then theres no problem with staying heli.

If i know the enemy is going to be better than the average pub, i'd change my strategy slightly. Or just not stay heli for a long / change strategy. HB tends to be more straightforward imo.
So you see, in theory higher tier tank beats my puny heli but ive been successful with it enough to know it works. For me. And lots of fun for me.

Heres a recap of why I use heli for so long:
+ Speed (heli is fast early on)
+ Versatile enough for me to change strategy
+ Flies over shit AND has stun

Heli is unique. Zepplin and Sky Tank are pretty much the same. If youll also notice, this is just one of the ways i am playing. Sif list every strategy i use/know of. Thats for you forum goons to doBig Grin

EDIT: If you are really interested in seeing it, we could play together some time. I am from (AU) and can get a bot game hosted on west from AU or US. (to be speicific).
EDIT2: I see youre btow. Well, i'll see you around. I have no btow-bot2 access.
๏̮๏
the truth Wrote:I hate hb, because it's gay, repeditive and boring (mostly because alot of strategies aren't viable in hb, like mining or tinker towers for example). Anyway, if I play 5k hb, I go:

Then I either get an iron hull or more bombard cannons, depending on how noob the enemies are.
Then I get more bombard cannons, because they are that OP in hb, untill I reach 5 bombard and 1 iron hull.
At this point I continueally farm mid, and own anyone who comes mid with high dps, long range.
Then I either get a death magic or a gold hull, depending on which is needed more.
Then I continually get death magics till I reach 4 death magics and 1 gold hull because death magics are OP.
u will easily die by a low ranger that teleport into u. to weak a tatic exept if the players are newbies.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
the truth Wrote:I hate hb, because it's gay, repeditive and boring (mostly because alot of strategies aren't viable in hb, like mining or tinker towers for example). Anyway, if I play 5k hb, I go:

i agree with what your saying as true sometimes. also, sometimes lazer towers and mines can really pay off better in hb than in normal mode though from what i've seen. they seems to me to be a gamble in both modes. in the current version does getting two side lane creep factories still allow you to not max out on food due to the new food limits? i think it's even better to try and just get 1 troop fact if you can and have each team member get 1 also so no one maxes out on food. also i really think all or almost all players getting an adv troop pack is essential, don't you?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Dr.McNinja Wrote:@Morkardar: I am fully aware of everything youve said.

Me: "Very fun. Mostly i just cant be fucked to buy speed, so heli i find very fun from the start."

Heli is FUN. There is no next level up of Heli, nothing else has stun and sky fortress is too far away. To compensate for the flimsyness of Heli AND because i tend not to get speed pack (+1slot), I get more Gold hulls. Usually 2 but sometimes 3.
Even against higher tier tanks, i have no problem with my massive hp and at that point, my weapons should be enough. If i do as well as i do, then theres no problem with staying heli.

If i know the enemy is going to be better than the average pub, i'd change my strategy slightly. Or just not stay heli for a long / change strategy. HB tends to be more straightforward imo.
So you see, in theory higher tier tank beats my puny heli but ive been successful with it enough to know it works. For me. And lots of fun for me.

Heres a recap of why I use heli for so long:
+ Speed (heli is fast early on)
+ Versatile enough for me to change strategy
+ Flies over shit AND has stun

Heli is unique. Zepplin and Sky Tank are pretty much the same. If youll also notice, this is just one of the ways i am playing. Sif list every strategy i use/know of. Thats for you forum goons to doBig Grin

EDIT: If you are really interested in seeing it, we could play together some time. I am from (AU) and can get a bot game hosted on west from AU or US. (to be speicific).
EDIT2: I see youre btow. Well, i'll see you around. I have no btow-bot2 access.

you definately know what you're talking about here. i think you're close to a new good fundemantal battle tanks build principal. i think the heli is a "gank tank" as me and my friends like to call it. and other tanks like the air ship and sky fortress which don't have stuns have other abilities which i think help to equalize them and actually make them better for pushing lanes and stronger in pre determined battle locations like control points and bases.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
i like hb and normal mode equally. i see no difference in enjoyment factor so far. even though at first i percieved many differences in the two modes now all i can see is that in hb you have to react to off balance kill ratios, out farming, and special individual and team builds much faster. Depending on how the game progresses, if i take more than 5 to 10 minutes to assess the game and consider my options it may already be too late. while in normal mode i have 10 to 20 minutes before my situation starts to become extremely unballanced and requiring of immediate action.
5k hb rocks!!!nothing better then ice cannon with tinker !!!!and troops saving +500 gold for that ownage!! nah yea heli owns in hb you can stay it for awhile cause its already got speed and its easy to get away from bigger tanks plus +gold hullSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
i like hb, but i really don´t like feeders :?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Funny thing is, no one complains about feeding if you kill a lot of shit.
๏̮๏
Feeding means dying way more often than killing someone. That results in a big advantage for the other team. If your stats are even, than no team has an advantage from your deaths so there is no problem.
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
Dr.McNinja Wrote:Funny thing is, no one complains about feeding if you kill a lot of shit.
with shit u means creeps/towers?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
heroes duh.

And i know what feeding means, people use feeding in two ways ive seen, thats what you said and feeding off enemy i.e. eating them i.e. on nom nom. But calculating how much you have fed isnt simple as you put it, when your bounty goes up, you feed slightly more and when you do really well, but die a lot, then you feed even more due to higher bounty. This effect is obviously halved in normal mode but in HB you can easily lose by feeding even with higher/highest kills.

BUT no one complains about this. People who do well and get lots of kills but are really deep down not so skilled, end up feeding the other team more and more. This happens most with long ranged players who fail to adapt later on and lose.

This means a noob feeder isnt really feeding THAT much if each death is giving significantly less than other players.

EDIT: killing towers is awesome, worth more or the same as a tank early on.. they are pretty much equal to killing tanks.. dont rely on the scoreboard and those rounded numbers
๏̮๏
Dr.McNinja Wrote:heroes duh.

And i know what feeding means, people use feeding in two ways ive seen, thats what you said and feeding off enemy i.e. eating them i.e. on nom nom. But calculating how much you have fed isnt simple as you put it, when your bounty goes up, you feed slightly more and when you do really well, but die a lot, then you feed even more due to higher bounty. This effect is obviously halved in normal mode but in HB you can easily lose by feeding even with higher/highest kills.

BUT no one complains about this. People who do well and get lots of kills but are really deep down not so skilled, end up feeding the other team more and more. This happens most with long ranged players who fail to adapt later on and lose.

This means a noob feeder isnt really feeding THAT much if each death is giving significantly less than other players.

EDIT: killing towers is awesome, worth more or the same as a tank early on.. they are pretty much equal to killing tanks.. dont rely on the scoreboard and those rounded numbers
Good explaining of feedingBig Grin
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Ähem, i owned 2 days ago with following:

Soulstone + Tinker -> light tank (maybe heli wouldve been even better) -> steel hull
afterwards ya can do what you want.

advantages:
enourmerous creeping
after change of weapon-mode, you get so many kills, cause noone expects you to play with a soulstone. seriously, who play with it? :roll:

and the most incredible fact, is that this weapon alone is still enough to get good creep-money after 20-30 min of game

btw.: i owned the game with 4 gods hammer and a bunch of helis with low hp in the other team 8)
GAY HB STORY HB IS GAY REALLY GAY WORST THING TO EVER HIT THE BTANKS COMMUNITYSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
YES!! I absolutely love doing things enemies dont expect, this applies to all games i play. I believe BT has a fair amount of mind-games since the map is fully visible and all actions can be seen by everyone. Ive done many lulful things like confusing mine placements, strange methods of cp-capture etc.. and its success is entirely based on the enemy NOT knowing what youre doing or how to react.

Sometimes the game feels like intelligence vs counter-intelligence. You gotta figure out how smart the enemy is and work from that. Versing friends is easier because you can probably predict what they might do, and you might do something completely random to throw them offTongue

Done many times, very fun.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guard Strategy Discussion aimc 6 6,708 2012-01-18, 01:19:21
Last Post: aimc