Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expand the inventory!
6 inventory slot always not enough. can't hold tp breaker or bomb when inventory full of gun, hull and shit. If we got 12 inventory, we can actually use more items.
Leaver better then feeder, AI better then feeder.
Great idea moron!

Ok, now that we agree it's a good idea, I have one question.

How? How do you propose such a thing to be implemented when 6 is the maximum inventory slots for the WC3 engine.

Oh wait, you cant.

Fail!
hm.. many method to make it happen.

Create an invisible unit same position to tank and make a button let us switch inventory between that unit(that unit inventory for gun only).
Leaver better then feeder, AI better then feeder.
if u wanna hold items like tp breaker do it like me...often if i need such items i just buy 2 or 3 tech mechs and let them carry items like facs and tp breaker, or sometimes new weaps to my tank. i don't think that we need more item-slots
1m4nsh0wbt4nks Wrote:if u wanna hold items like tp breaker do it like me...often if i need such items i just buy 2 or 3 tech mechs and let them carry items like facs and tp breaker, or sometimes new weaps to my tank. i don't think that we need more item-slots

Right
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
it would be possible, like a wich is always in your inventory wich you can use to switch between you 2 inventorys.
but i think, if u are in the non weapon inventory, the weapons wont shoot.

but i disagree to the idea expanding the inventory.
its also a skill to get on with only 6 slots.
and in rl you havent got ulimited space in your tank, or?
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Hmm firstly its a place for ideas don't call people names for there suggestions unless there your friends and its a joke made in my view 6 spots is alot and keeps the balance of the game tech mechs as iman mentioned is really handy use them
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
SCorpA1 Wrote:and in rl you havent got ulimited space in your tank, or?

omg sry but i don't agree with this suggestion...it isn't rl here it is btanks, so u don't have to compare...u know btanks and rl r different things^^
it would be illogical
i think, battle tanks should be still a bit logic, so plz let only 6 slots, its the best
I like the fact that having only 6 inventory slots limits everyones capabilities and produces situations where a team works better than an individual. If you do not have room you either need to drop an item to carry what you temporarily need, or a teammate needs to help out. If it is something that benefits an entire team, someone who has a free inventory slot should help out.
if anything, 6 is too much. It would be interesting to have a mode where there are only 5 slots allowed.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
or a tinker with only 4 slots^^
Whats about a mode, in which you can buy new slots? With a maximum amount of six additional places. Than you've an ability to switch between the inventorys.
The second inventory is only an unit without a model and with the locust ability. And then when you swap the inventory, the items in the second inventory and the first inventore switch the places.

But I think the additional inventorys are very expensiv, so you have to decision between more place, or more Gold....

cedi
If the enemies use mines and exploder u need 2 additional items like tp breaker and defuser. If you need a hull, because you got too low HP and at least one speed item like Turbospeed or teleporter there are only 2 Slots left for weapons, the use of troopcommand or orbital is then totally forbidden.
I think in such games, when one enemy choose mass mines and anopther exploder or smoke generator you can feel the limitesd place reallyWink. I Think most of you play "pro" games without much minelaying and smoke generator in combination with exploder, so you can say 6 slots is soo easy.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Gammagulp Wrote:If the enemies use mines and exploder u need 2 additional items like tp breaker and defuser. If you need a hull, because you got too low HP and at least one speed item like Turbospeed or teleporter there are only 2 Slots left for weapons, the use of troopcommand or orbital is then totally forbidden.
I think in such games, when one enemy choose mass mines and anopther exploder or smoke generator you can feel the limitesd place reallyWink. I Think most of you play "pro" games without much minelaying and smoke generator in combination with exploder, so you can say 6 slots is soo easy.

Or we just use a radar and dodge mines/exploders :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
It would definately be cool to be able to assimilate up to six weapons like in battle tanks mg and tank wars. but i'm not so sure it's a good idea. I think it would imbalance many things. Some things would be more convenient but other things could become more overused.

in battle tanks mg a unit that does nothing but hold up to six weapons for you just follows your tank around. i think there are 6 of them each with a differerent aura effect that has a differnt look like a wisp or something. In tank wars i'm not sure how he did it but it works just like you have 12 slots to your tank, but assimilating an item that needs to be activated is a bad idea so i used to always only assimilate weapons. If anyone hasn't yet played those maps then you should check them out. some of the items in them are really cool in my opinion. (but i like btanks much better)

It would be nice if it were easier to keep extra spots for consumable items like tp breakers, observation wards, and bombs. and it would also be nice if it were easier to hold more items with cool downs like mines, mine difuser, orbital strike, teleport, repair pack, etc.

but it would not be nice if it would make players be able to get multiple gold hulls very easily. so a long range player could assimilate a few weapons and get multiple gold hulls. As it stands now gold hulls = much better deal than even a poison magic whichis the highest dps/gold u can get. so making it easier to get them could be a dissaster. if a weapons assimilator is added then i suggest increasing the price of the hulls across the board just a tiny bit to encourage more weapons purchase and less hull purchase.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
There is a BTANKS map out there where Inventory slots are a skill you have to get first with level.
If you dont need the slots, you can use it for other skills.
Just dont ask me the name of the map.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
6 slots is enough there is so much you can do with six i do not think we need more then 6
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
It was in older versions of BT where inventory slots opened with a skill like other skills.

There can be some methods for assimilating weapons and/or increasing inventory slots:

1. A dummy hidden unit holds your assimilated weapons which is counted as hero. (In this case dummy unit can follow you and fire at a greater range than your hero's position because of following distance (like in MG version))
2. Hero takes the weapon skill as an invisible passive skill. (My favorite)(Possibly in Tank Wars, this method is used, problem is: it was unlimited so you can mass cheap weapons instead buying expensive ones...)
3. For non-weapon items (excluding autorepair), a secondary inventory is created and switched between 2 inventories, 1. for usable items and 2. for passive items.
4. A spell replacing "hint" skill for beginners. Spell will open a menu of consumable/usable items. Which you already bought usable items will appear in spell book. (Can be done with an upgrade system)
5. Changing phoenix fire with a trigger system of weapons. And adding secondary inventory system. (I still work on thisSmile )
Trolololo
inventory skill was in very, very old versions.. i think it had been removed before the 3.xx versions

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teleport Breaker as Inventory Item griffin1987 10 7,786 2011-09-09, 22:14:56
Last Post: progg
  Conserve Inventory Order GooglyBoogly 4 3,053 2009-05-17, 07:02:56
Last Post: qweqqweq