Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HB mode End game problem!
That server looks like a Dota Server 99%. Couldnt even find a Battle Tanks room..Sad
Trolololo
In fact, hb games are the most popular on the server we play. And that's bad. BUt we just can't do anything:). Lately we used to play this kind of mode: hb, fog, ext. requirements, cv, 3000. That was much better than usual hb and that funny cv mod made players think twice before buying death magick:). But yesterday game, that lasted for more than 2 hours, proved that that even such constrainted game mode could lead to incredibly long game.

HB mode surely has tons of imbalances but as long as we play just for fun and not for any kind of miserable 'pro' goals we honestly used to shut our eyes to them. I played tanks alot. I play tanks alot now. And know what? I wouldn't play tanks if it wouldn't be THAT fun. Even with hb.

One side of me wants everything to be 'correct' and harmonious. But other one just don't listen.

I think, introducing hb mode was a huge mistake. A mistake, which consequences were not equally predicted. And now I merely have a constructive proposal on solving this problem. However, involving psychological aspect of human perception, assuming that the vast majority of battle tanks audience is formed by the teenagers whose world views are not firmly established yet, this method can actually work. I mean renaming hb mode to 'noob' mode as it will surely make this mode less attractive.

[DBL]Papa
Nice to see you here! At last... =)
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
HAHA.. garena IS supposed to be mainly for dota for the lan-like delay.. good for playing with friends (and getting little or no delay) or maybe get a full game if lucky. I use it sometimes but main bnet servers are always better if you can get in.

@Vomotius
lol..lolol. most of my btanks friends arent under 18 jus saying.. hb mode isnt the problem its the people. People who dont know better. Without hb mode, ALL games would be slow (i mean gaining weapons and stuff, not game length). Slower paced is the right word. Renaming noob mode wont change the people who play it. They will keep playing it. Want better games? get more organised as btanks is getting now.. otherwise theres always bad games which you can avoid. Solution to the problem would be to get bt even more organised, getting people interested, making it easier to pick up etc..

I see hb mode as making the game more risky; if you die you feed a lot more and if you kill then you gain a lot. If you are unlucky then BL to you. I think a big part of BT is using HB mode to get people to play. I once never played normal and would leave lobby games if it was normal. HB mode is GOOD.
๏̮๏
Dr.McNinja
I was not saying about my friends, because no friends of mine do play battle tanks. And I see that there too little people about whom I would say "he is above 20". The conversations do the job.
I don't know what is happening on off. bnet server(but I probably should try it, eventually) - I talk about our server(with 2000-3000 users online at peak).

Dr.McNinja Wrote:Slower paced is the right word.
Yes, you're right. And what so fun in running with frost lasers in 30 minutes of the game? After an hour(or a little more) of such game everyone is running on titans with frost lasers. I don't see anything fun in it, when you play 2 hours and half of that time - is "chewing the fat". Rather than normal game, when all that two hours you see gradual process of growing.

Dr.McNinja Wrote:I see hb mode as making the game more risky; if you die you feed a lot more and if you kill then you gain a lot. If you are unlucky then BL to you. I think a big part of BT is using HB mode to get people to play. I once never played normal and would leave lobby games if it was normal. HB mode is GOOD.
Yeah, it should be. Otherwise no one would play it. But, of course! Thousand of flies cannot be wrong!
Never have I seen a frost laser within 30 minutes of a game in HB mode. If you can come play a game with me and have a frost laser in that amount of time I would be truly shocked. Not all HB players are noobs, get this through your heads. You sound like a bunch of elitist pricks talking about how great you are when you simply play a different game mode. I play both modes, but prefer HB because I can have a quicker paced game. I play 2-3 games in HB for the 1 I generally get done in normal mode.

Not noob mode, DIFFERENT.
Noone said rhat hb is noob mod, but hb becomes so popular & it is not balanced so.... it is not fair-) thats all. about server i & Vomitus & Volodimir & some others who u know playing on off. serv. i've just don't know the nick of them on off. server it called Alkar - http://www.games.alkar.net there are many people who likes BT but can't play on off server couse they have no original W3, pirates copies u know_) :roll: i have such copi of W3 thats why i can't play on off server & have to play on different servers like Alkar or Garena(besides - it is not only DotA serv).
frost laser in 30 min - easy if it is good support with u & no feeders in ur team_)i can remember the game where i had Titan & 3 frost lasers after 1 hour of game (hb mod).
Easy, easy...Smile

Did I ever say that this is me who owns everyone with frost laser in 30 minutes of the game? That was just my impression from a couple of lately played games. Yes, there are noobs there, of course. But recently we played games with strong teams and know what? The turning point shifted just about for a 15 minutes or so. And yet again, tons of frost lasers.

I see strange things - all opposite team just buys death magic and they certain they will 'own'. But we simply buy ~800..600 range and they are owned. And I don't know how much games should one play to understand that death magic is not that great. But hb mode gives those people false impression of 'obvious superiority' of dm. Sad, but true.

And yet again, I don't see any fun in such things...
i do like to see a hb mode game that last over 2 hours before i believe in it.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
i like long gamesSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
i don´t like games that are more than 4 hours
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
I <3 Necromancy
Princess_Bob Wrote:I <3 Necromancy
okay :S
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
I no longer have games more than an hour and a half because if it gets to that point, theres no point playing on. Its just ridiculous, even more so with the changes, to play on when its not fun. If its fun then ill stay but in hb games, it gets really boring as the options in late game become slimmer. Late game, there is a much smaller selection of tanks/items/weapons which make preidicitng the enemy much easier. For starters, people almost never get a weaker tank or weaker weapons. Then its just a game of saving up and cold war with teleports. Mid game is most fun because people have the option of getting almost any weapon or tank.
๏̮๏
One of my issues in HB is the fact that the creeps get weaker relative to normal mode and the heroes. 2 upgrades every 5 minutes when a player gets twice the gold is a bit of an issue lategame. As well, high bounty does not promote wandering. The time spent out of a lane in HB is worth twice as much as in normal mode. These are minor points, but it sums up why I find normal to be better than HB.
Princess_Bob Wrote:Never have I seen a frost laser within 30 minutes of a game in HB mode. If you can come play a game with me and have a frost laser in that amount of time I would be truly shocked. Not all HB players are noobs, get this through your heads. You sound like a bunch of elitist pricks talking about how great you are when you simply play a different game mode. I play both modes, but prefer HB because I can have a quicker paced game. I play 2-3 games in HB for the 1 I generally get done in normal mode.

if hb were balanced, i am sure we would agree. But it isn't and is not meant to be. HB mode has severely restricted viable strategies over normal mode, and encourages play that would be flat-out wrong in a normal game mode.

Quote:name it FBNBM - Fun- but not balanced mode

Quote:i agree, there should be a big, fat, ugly, flashing Signal in red->blue->green HB IS NOT BALANCED, IT'S A FUNMODE!

when you are intentionally playing a mode that is not meant to be balanced, then bitching about how balanced/imbalanced it is, then yes you are indeed a nub.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Princess_Bob Wrote:Never have I seen a frost laser within 30 minutes of a game in HB mode. If you can come play a game with me and have a frost laser in that amount of time I would be truly shocked. Not all HB players are noobs, get this through your heads. You sound like a bunch of elitist pricks talking about how great you are when you simply play a different game mode. I play both modes, but prefer HB because I can have a quicker paced game. I play 2-3 games in HB for the 1 I generally get done in normal mode.

Hmm good on youSmile funi
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
BENNIE.FM Wrote:Some times in hb taking the middle is not always the best thing cause defending team can sit in base with few creeps spawning out of there base with an exploder its really hard at times exploder is to imba even with tp breakers cause tp breakers can't do much with detectors as so on or whatever this is a short repsonse i could of said alot more but i can't be botherd as you know hb is not balanced to me

BENNIE, you seem to have run out of periods. Here, you can borrow some of mine.......................

I agree that HB is not balanced, but the variation it brings to the beginning of a game is pretty fun. Probably should be played in no exploder mode, though, cus you're right, it is pretty hard to stop them consistently.
I see much people aren't happy with the hb mode. I have seen that its called the "noob mode" or something like it. If I could say I am satisfied with hb. I am suprised that quite a lot people hate hb mode but I still see it often. Hb mode is popular and I think removeing will be a mistake - much people really like hb mode. I like both normal and hb mode so I usually ask from players (if im red) about enableing hb or not. I could say I have got 50%/50% from votes in different games.
To ask about attacking the base where everybody sits in the middle is a good question because hb helps the defenders and it should make the game long. I haven't got any problems with it because nobody never just sits all the time in the base. And also if defenders are trying to get out hb will even help attackers. I have played BT for a long time and usually the game as ended in 1h or less but it has never been over 2h.
I like to play Hb cause for skilled Players its really fun to massacre the host who make hb modeSmile

and then they wonder why hb mode is so imba hrhrhrhr

I think 1 Huge Problem is that Hb mode dont force the Player to improve they skill.

The players always play Hb and dont know how to play normal anymore.

With the Introduction of Hb mode less and less good players come to play bt in a community.

I think many new players are annoyed cause the mode is just imba and so they think the map is "shit".

Moreover i dont think its surprising that only bad players play and host hb mode.
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
thats kinda true... i played normal in a internal game yesterday and i got punished really bad.
i'm playing hb in most games by now because the mode in hostbotgames is often 5k hb.
i'm not patient enough to open a none-bot-hosted game and wait until i've got 10 players who are willing to play a normal game

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts about the Community and the Game cpu 3 5,809 2015-08-12, 22:26:06
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Average game length - options for change Exodus 29 27,127 2015-07-13, 07:33:49
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Game impact of sides versus mid Prog 10 11,120 2014-04-17, 21:31:11
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New players are kicked from the game goranie 7 6,156 2014-03-30, 07:54:03
Last Post: Max
  BT is a team game! BloodraiN 0 1,934 2012-07-21, 22:40:42
Last Post: BloodraiN