Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tank idea - Uber tinker
How about a new tank like an uber tinker? A tank that is similar to the tinker but can be used for mid to late game? I.e. it has better skills, more health, more speed, etc. but is similar to the tinker in that it can build towers and stuff.

Uber Tinker
Cost: 8000
Speed: 320
HP: 6000
Armor: 5

Skills:

Tower Modules (T) - Active

Gives all 5 tower modules to the target tower (in the case where the tower has items, only gives the more useful ones first such as the repair module).

Internal Speed Pack (Q) - Active & passive

Can teleport the Uber Tinker over a certain distance. Also increases speed by say 30 a level.

Build Laser Towers (W) - Active

Builds laser towers (even at lvl 1). You can use the Repair ability to build them faster. Instead, each upgrade reduces their food cost (ex. 8 -> 6 -> 5 -> 4 -> 3).

Enhanced Repair (E) - Active (Autocast) & passive

Repairs allied buildings and tanks at a higher rate. In addition, gives the Uber tinker an hp regeneration (say 30 a level).

Defence Systems ® - Passive

Acts as a creep cannon (like the scout). Also increases the uber tinker's mana regeneration rate (ex. by 20% per level).

You get the idea, have a tank like the tinker but better.Smile
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i told you that people only want to play tinker all game!

you know that the tinker tower is the only unit to not benefit from the force attack and defense upgrades every 5 minutes? please, why won't you help the tinker noobs and give the tinker tower these upgrades too?.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Because it was imba and removed from game long time ago qweq... Why should a "0" cost tank be so advantageous anyway?
But if there will be such an uber tinker and assuming its level is 8 accordingly to its cost 8k, its towers must be level8 which means 80% better damage and hp.
But I already hate tinkers....
Trolololo
then if it was too imba then i say do it anyways since so many noobs like to play battle tanks like it's a tower defense map. i suggest either:

a. adding the force upgrades and weakening the towers in another way

or

b. or else getting rid of tinker all-together.

or

c. let tinker transform to weaker goblin tank as its ultimate ability, get rid of goblin tank, and put a new 3k tank in the game. Big Grin
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
c!! new 3k tankeSmile
qweqqweq Wrote:a. adding the force upgrades and weakening the towers in another way

in fact, it was removed because it caused critical errors which couldnt be fixed somehow (hardcoded?). if it was just too strong (which it was defenitely the versions it was like that), it could have been balanced.

qweqqweq Wrote:b. or else getting rid of tinker all-together.

nice idea. and in that new version, dont forget to remove the exploder, the trader, the explosives, the long range weapons, too. in exchange for that, you could add an automatic kick script that kicks all players named qweqqweq or qweq_qweq.

qweqqweq Wrote:c. let tinker transform to weaker goblin tank as its ultimate ability, get rid of goblin tank, and put a new 3k tank in the game. Big Grin

yea. and the ultimate of this new goblin tank is to transform into a weaker demon tank (get rid of demon tank first). and the demon tank can transform into a weaker infernal, which can turn into a weaker titan.
yea lets just turn bt into a td..at the same time :o :x
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
if you want a tinker with more hp, buy a hull
we dont need a bigger copy of a noob tank.
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
SCorpA1 Wrote:if you want a tinker with more hp, buy a hull
we dont need a bigger copy of a noob tank.
yep!
Wow dersatan, thank you for your wonderful and insightful coments. as always i am in awe of your amazing ability do be a total ass!

dersatan this thread is for uber tinker ideas. if you want to make lame jokes about me that's fine but you should do it somewhere else. I think the guy who made this topic really likes the tinker tank and i was trying to throw a few ideas out there to think about. all you're doing is being a mouthy little prick with your sarcastic and un-helpful coments.

some things in the map are annoying and i'd like to see them changed or removed. tinker is one of them. Tinker noobs who only play tinker every game for the whole game are pathetic players in my opinion.

You probably are right though about making the tinker towers stronger late game being a bad idea. That would probably just make tinker used more often and the game would then just be more boring.

So then what's the solution? Are you saying that you prefer to keep tinker the way he is?
I am against. This tank would not add anything new to the game.

"don't accept kindness from satan "Big Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
We already have a tinker, lets try for something new.
Another support hero sounds fine, but just copying all of the abilities off other tanks and making them 'uber' isn't interesting enough.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
qweqqweq Wrote:You probably are right though about making the tinker towers stronger late game being a bad idea. That would probably just make tinker used more often and the game would then just be more boring.

So then what's the solution? Are you saying that you prefer to keep tinker the way he is?

again, the main reason why tinker towers do not benefit from troop upgrades is that it causes fatal errors. if they would benefit, it could be balanced (for example) with lower sarting values for towers, but in turn increasing.

at the moment, tinker is more than fine for a tank that costs 0 gold. no need for more tinker, better tinker or getting rid of other tanks for tinker.
Hmm can we increase the range and damage of laser towers i love my tds and at the same time make it important to maze towers -_-
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
hmm for the idea of a new tank:
what about a tank wich has a ability wich is like the healing weapon and also a bit like soul transfer. a soultransfer that works in the other direction
i think the hunter took this spot because of the way it looks but i would have like a super heavy tank. and have the side cannon ability be its ultimate with a range of 1000 and dps climbing from 400 all the way to 2000 and maybe a 1-2 second cool down. i cant think of any tank that has a passive ability with a decent dps. do you think you could have a moving turret that tracked targets as a passive ability? just one big BOOOOOMMMM! every 2 seconds. that would kick ass.
How about putting a noob-furion tower for tinker's ultimate? Generates 33 gold with each hit, which has 100 damage, 0.3 sec cooldown and 50% chance to deal 100x damage. I love that towerSmile ....

And as Satan reminded, force upgrades was removed because of critical errors. (But they were also imbaSmile )
Trolololo
"its towers must be level8 which means 80% better damage and hp."

Nah, the towers could have other benefits such as no food cost and a lower building cooldown. Doesn't neccesarily have to be uber towers.

"let tinker transform to weaker goblin tank as its ultimate ability"

That could be a cool idea (giving the uber tinker some sort of avatar like ultimate).

"I am against. This tank would not add anything new to the game."

That's not true. You are adding a new tank with a different playing style for mid to late game. It will add another strategic choice (which is needed mid to late game, because it gets boring with just titans and a zillion frost lasers).
building towers isn't really a new tactic isn't it?
ChronicStoned Wrote:building towers isn't really a new tactic isn't it?
yeah thats right!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,235 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,496 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  I have a great idea! BtankNoob 0 1,864 2014-01-12, 02:40:54
Last Post: BtankNoob
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,316 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,629 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985